Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 12 Oct 16, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
HPHC
Trying for More Ears

Places to eat by Port canaveral

We are doing a cruise and dropping rental car off at 8:30 but have got a port arrival time of 10:30. Do the car hire drop off by the port and is there anywhere we can have breakfast in walking distance as well as anything else we can do for the 2 hours before arrival time? I have tried to change the car drop off time but because we have ordered a convertible they will not change the time.
HPHC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 16, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
cheekydeeky
VIP Dibber

There's literally nothing close by (or if there is we totally missed it)! We arrived at 9am the first year and just had to stand and wait. There's not even seats. Well, there are about three benches in the vicinity but we didn't find them until the second year .

Hopefully someone will come along and tell me I'm wrong for your sake.
cheekydeeky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 16, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
HPHC
Trying for More Ears

Thank you. I feared that might be the case. I will have to just be prepared for the moaning from my husband and kids. My other option I was thinking was get taken to the port and then get a taxi to a local restaurant but again not sure on logistics. Is there a taxi rank there and would it be easy to get a taxi if the ship is disembarking?
HPHC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 16, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
tinkerella123
Imagineer

Correct me if I'm wrong but are you dropping the car hire off before you go on your cruise if so the car hire is a few miles from the dock, therefore you can request a lift to the dock. Where the car hire is there will be a few food choices.
tinkerella123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 16, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
HPHC
Trying for More Ears

So can we drop the car off on time, Walk to somewhere near the car hire and then go back to Alamo and get transport to the port?
Old 13 Oct 16, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Mickeys Mrs
Imagineer

There is a Charlies Cafe a 6 minute walk from Alamo Drop off which opens early (assuming for breakfast) then you can always grab a cab from there to the port.

A a mile away there is a mcdonalds (3 mins in a cab) from Alamo and then a cab again to the Port, will not cost a huge amount.

DLP 2002 & 2010
WDW 2003, 2006, 2009, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2022, 2023 (solo trip) & 2024
Mickeys Mrs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 16, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
HPHC
Trying for More Ears

Thank you for all your help. Will go to Charlie's. I'm glad I checked before as the family would not have been impressed if we had got to port too early on empty stomachs.
Old 15 Oct 16, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
tinkerella123
Imagineer

Don't forget the 1st thing that everyone does when they get on is go to cabanas for food. Well 80% anyway the other 20% the Aquaduct.
tinkerella123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 16, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
HPHC
Trying for More Ears

Tinkerella 123 I will instruct the family not to eat too much at Charlie's. 😃😄
Old 15 Oct 16, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread