Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 9 Jan 17, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post

Alaska what do we need?

Hi,

we're cruising Alaska with DCL this August.

I've applied for our Canadian ESA visa's, passports all in place and arranged insurance.

Does anyone know if we need to have ESTA's as well and if there's any other documentation we'd need to have in place please?

Trying to at least pretend to be organised

Thanks
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 17, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Hyper_Stitch View Post
Hi,

I've applied for our Canadian ESA visa's, passports all in place and arranged insurance.

Does anyone know if we need to have ESTA's as well and if there's any other documentation we'd need to have in place please?

Thanks
I think you do need an ESTA if you arrive in the USA by ship.
USA ESTA arriving by air or sea - Yes. Arriving by land - No.
Canada ETA arriving by air - Yes. Arriving by sea or land - No.
Omega1 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 17, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Originally Posted by Hyper_Stitch View Post
Hi,

Thanks
Yes, you'll need an ESTA as Alaska is part of the US.
Luckily we're arriving in Canada by ship so we escape the need for the Canada visa thing.
Old 19 Jan 17, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post

Thank you.

I thought that might be the case, at least if we get the ESTA's renewed that's one less thing to do for WDW next year
Old 3 Mar 17, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
CarolynU
Imagineer

CarolynU's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Bats View Post
Yes, you'll need an ESTA as Alaska is part of the US.
Luckily we're arriving in Canada by ship so we escape the need for the Canada visa thing.
Joa my friend not on this board is flying into Calgary and joining an organised tour ending in Vancouver before boarding an Alaskan Cruise. Does she still need an ESTA as she is boarding from the land rather than directly from the air? I'm a bit confused, and she is panicking because she avoids the internet like the plague so when I advised her that she needed and ETA for Canada or whatever it's called and probably an ESTA too not only had she never heard of them but she went into full scale meltdown.
Old 5 Mar 17, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
oohoohmonkey
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by CarolynU View Post
Joa my friend not on this board is flying into Calgary and joining an organised tour ending in Vancouver before boarding an Alaskan Cruise. Does she still need an ESTA as she is boarding from the land rather than directly from the air? I'm a bit confused, and she is panicking because she avoids the internet like the plague so when I advised her that she needed and ETA for Canada or whatever it's called and probably an ESTA too not only had she never heard of them but she went into full scale meltdown.
She needs both a Canadian ETA and a US ESTA. I did a similar trip last year before boarding Disney Wonder to Alaska and needed both. I checked on the official Canadian and USA visa sites. Both are straight forward to arrange electronically.
oohoohmonkey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 17, 12:31 AM  
Link to this Post
CarolynU
Imagineer

CarolynU's Reviews
Originally Posted by oohoohmonkey View Post
She needs both a Canadian ETA and a US ESTA. I did a similar trip last year before boarding Disney Wonder to Alaska and needed both. I checked on the official Canadian and USA visa sites. Both are straight forward to arrange electronically.
Thank you for this. I suspected as much. She and her husband are going on HAL through a Saga tour and they have not been informed by Saga about needing either of these and now she cannot understand why, and I'm sure that she thinks that I'm making it up. I've offered to help her complete them, but she just panicked and said that she didn't even want to talk about it! Oh well I've given her the correct information then, so not much more that I can do.
Old 6 Mar 17, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Originally Posted by CarolynU View Post
Thank you for this. I suspected as much. She and her husband are going on HAL through a Saga tour and they have not been informed by Saga about needing either of these and now she cannot understand why, and I'm sure that she thinks that I'm making it up. I've offered to help her complete them, but she just panicked and said that she didn't even want to talk about it! Oh well I've given her the correct information then, so not much more that I can do.
Sorry Carolyn, have been away for a bit so missed this.
Let's hope SAGA give her the correct info soon, although I guess it's in her small print anyway as it normally is.
Old 6 Mar 17, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
CarolynU
Imagineer

CarolynU's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Bats View Post
Sorry Carolyn, have been away for a bit so missed this.
Let's hope SAGA give her the correct info soon, although I guess it's in her small print anyway as it normally is.
No worries Joa. I was just checking on here because I must have panicked her so much she actually nearly had a meltdown, so I just wanted to make sure that I had got my facts straight.
She just kept saying that she had paid for a travel agent precisely to avoid her having to do anything like this? !
I'm going to leave it now because I don't want to make the situation worse, but they are going this September so I hope that somehow they apply for their vital permission to travel to both countries.
Hope you are good and well. I'm off on the WBPC soon. Can't wait !
Old 6 Mar 17, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

We've got both after advice here and research, we're doing tours crossing the Alaskan/ Canadian border, not taking any chances