Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Closed Thread

Old 24 Sep 03, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
glydene
Excited about Disney

Cool Sarasota & Malls etc

We have a villa at Anna Maria Island near Sarasota for 5 days and would like any info on good places to visit within 2 hours travelling, can anyone recommend anything. Especially good shopping Malls. Thanks for any info.

Steve.
93 HoJo-95 Red Roof-97 All Star Sports-99 All Star Sports-00 Linfieids-01 California Las Vegas-02 Windward Cay-03 Anna Marie Island,Lindfield's-05 New york,Anna Marie Island,Indian Ridge-07 Seven Dwarfs Lane-08 Seven Dwarfs Lane-July-Anna Marie Island,Rolling Hills-09 Cumbrian Lakes,Anna Marie Island-10 Anna Maria,Formosa Gdns-11 Rolling Hills-12 Rolling Hills-14 Anna Maria,Rolling Hills-16 Disney Cruise,Emerald Island-17 Old Key West
glydene is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 03, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post

You could try the Prime Outlets at Ellenton - primeoutlets/cntrdefa...p?cntrid=1019.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 03, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post

Beach at Siesta Key and a drive-in movie theatre in Ruskin.
Ellington is OK but nothing special

Steve
Old 10 Oct 03, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
smudge79
Apprentice Imagineer

Siesta Key has fantastic beach. The whitest sand. There is an aquarium in Sarasota. Also you should drive over the sunshine skyway bridge. It is huge! There is also the Ringling art museum with a circus museum. Not sure how much there is for kids there though. Naples is about a 2 hour drive away.
smudge79 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 03, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post

We stayed at Bradenton, which is close by, last year. See my trip reports for details of what we did:

Day 16 – Anna Maria Island
Day 17 – Siesta Key
Day 18 – Sanibel Island
Day 19 – Our Silver Wedding Anniversary
Day 20 – Busch Gardens
Day 21 - Rain, Shopping and Salvador Dali
Old 30 Oct 03, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post

Dali

Great reports, can't believe how detailed they are. Were you taking notes as you walked the parks or just a fantastic memory?

We are visiting the Dali museum next year finally after managing to miss it for the last 3 visits to St Petes. Sounds like it was well worth the visit. Was the museum shop expensive, I quite fancy one or two Dali "talking points" to go on the wall. It is also my Girlfriends birthday while we are there and she is a big Dali fan too. Will it cost me more than the "numerous" pairs of shoes i'll have to buy her?
Old 31 Oct 03, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post

Hi Coma,

Glad you liked the trip reports; writing them wa a way of reliving the holiday.

No, I wasn't taking notes as I walked around the parks, I am not that sad . However, I did always write notes in the evening before going to bed and the rest is either good memory or good imagination, you decide which .

The Dali museum was excellent and a must see if you like his work; we have also been to the Dali museum in Figueras in Spain and, although there are more works in Spain, I think that the St. Pete's museum wins on quality of work.

The museum shop did not seem particularly expensive; we bought a soft clock for my brother and it was quite reasonable, as I remember; not as bad as shoes anyway
Old 31 Oct 03, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread