Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 26 Jan 17, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneydreamer4
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile St pete's or clearwater

Looking for some help with next years trip.

I am looking at doing a few nights at either St Pete's or Clearwater beach but don't know too much about either.

Can anyone recommend trip reports that cover either and maybe offer any advice on things to do, places to eat please
Disneydreamer4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 17, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell12
Excited about Disney

Hello! Well I've not been on here for a little while, so its nice to get back to it with such a lovely topic!

We stayed in St Pete's Beach in 2003 and its was nice, but not "up market". We then travelled up to the coast to Clearwater and fell in love. Pleased we did it that way round as I think we'd of been a little disappointed if we'd of see Clearwater first... however this difference is reflected in the price, and St Pete's was perfectly OK...

Would defiantly recommend Clearwater though, especially if you have kids.

2023 TENNESSEE, NORTH & SOUTH CAROLINA & GEORGIA, 2022 DisneyWorld (Windsor Hills), 2018 COLORADO, 2017 DisneyWorld, 2016 DisneyWorld (Formosa Gardens), 2015 DisneyWorld & Universal, 2003 Universal & MIAMI, 2000 CALIFORNIA, 1998 CALIFORNIA, UTAH & NEVADA
Tinkerbell12 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 17, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

I would pick St Petes Beach over Clearwater; much less built up.
Clearwater beach is rammed with construction sites at the moment; any empty space appeared busy with concrete & builders; many high rise hotels going up.
The beach is lovely but then the St Pete Beach is also lovely with soft white sand & warm blue water.
Depends what you prefer; SPB is more laid back beach town like whilst CW is more busy resort like.

Edited at 12:38 PM.
scooby99 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 17, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I really liked St Petes beach and would definitely choose it for relaxing. There is a lot more going on around Clearwater and as scooby99 said there are a lot of construction sites, work has been going on there for quite a while. They are two different beaches though so I think it's just preference in taste.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 17, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumba75
Imagineer

Pumba75's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Our food trip report may be helpful?

Bongos, Buffalo and Bobs #offsitebudget
Our stay at St Pete Beach starts on page 9.
Pumba75 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 17, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Permagrip Soles
Proud to wear my Ears

Sorry to jump in but I have a similar question really. During our trip we want to do a night or two at the coast and are torn between where to go. As we'll have been driving and doing parks constantly, this is to be our chill-out time so we are looking for a hotel we can drive to, check in and then be within walking distance of the beach, bars and restaurants. This is so we don't have to worry about driving once we are checked-in for a day or two.

Is there a particular place that fits the bill?

Thanks for your help folks!
2000 Chatham Park Villa 2005 Indian Ridge Villa 2006 Howard Johnson Maingate West 2007 Clear Creek Villa 2014 Rosen Inn @ The Pointe and Hard Rock Hotel 2017 Old Key West Resort, Royal Pacific Resort and Indian Creek Villa 2019 Rosen Plaza 2021 Planning on Beach Club, subject to DDP availability...
Permagrip Soles is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 17, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Stardust5
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Permagrip Soles View Post
Sorry to jump in but I have a similar question really. During our trip we want to do a night or two at the coast and are torn between where to go. As we'll have been driving and doing parks constantly, this is to be our chill-out time so we are looking for a hotel we can drive to, check in and then be within walking distance of the beach, bars and restaurants. This is so we don't have to worry about driving once we are checked-in for a day or two.

Is there a particular place that fits the bill?

Thanks for your help folks!
We have just booked the grand plaza at St Petes Beach - think this would fit the bill
Stardust5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 17, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

St Petes over Clearwater for me. Clearwater whilst nice is not what it was - lots of construction and high rises going up.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 17, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post
pretty71
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Stardust5 View Post
We have just booked the grand plaza at St Petes Beach - think this would fit the bill
This is the best hotel ever on the best beach you won't be disappointed.
pretty71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 17, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
°o°-Hannah-°o°
Imagineer

°o°-Hannah-°o°'s Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Mobile

We are visiting Clearwater for the 2nd time in the summer, we enjoyed it so much last time. I can't say I even noticed the construction on our last visit but then we'd never been before