Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 28 Apr 12, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
M M
Dibbing with Tink

Fantasy Maiden Voyage Day 7

April 6th 2012

The last day and Disney's private island Castaway Cay was the Port of call.
Today was very relaxing, we got up late followed by Cove Cafe and then some pics:

We left the ship for a walk around on Castaway Cay, the Island is beautiful although to be honest unless we are here with friends we tend not to bother with the beach as sand gets on our nerves much prefer the nice empty decks of the ship for sunbathing and relaxing, plus you can jump on the AquaDuck whenever you want with no wait.

Joke sign above the Post Office:

Another joke sign:

After a great lunch at Cookies we went back to the ship and spent the afternoon doing absolutely nothing, well maybe having a couple of drinks

The show tonight was Believe which we have seen on the Dream so we sat at the back so we could leave a little early to get ready for our reservation at Remy.
M M is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 12, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
M M
Dibbing with Tink

We met John & Noel in Meridian bar before being shown to our table in Remy, I did take pics but they aren't the best as I didn't use the flash, I think I was already getting a couple of 'what on earth is he doing taking pics of the food' looks never mind eat your food and get over it lol

Champagne cocktail to start with:

Some little appetizer thing that I think was filled with Tomato soup:

Smoked Buffalo:

Wild Turbot

Roasted Vermont Quail:

I can't remember (could be something John had )

Kurobuta pork tenderloin and belly:

Peruvian Chocolate

Cheese selection:

Bite size dessert selection:

Edited at 09:51 AM.
M M is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 12, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
M M
Dibbing with Tink

The meal was fantastic, the food was amazing and surprisingly filling, we also had the wine pairings which were good (although I don't generally mix red, white and port ) The service was excellent as was the company. Really glad we did it once for the experience but probably won't again, I think overall we prefer the more casual atmosphere of the main dining rooms.
Also if you dine here possibly don't plan to much else on the night we were there close to 4 hours you are definitely not rushed lol.

Fresh Rose for the ladies at the end of the meal:

Chocolates that had been delivered to the room:

And then bed as it was midnight and we had to be up in about 7 hours

Day 8

April 7th 2012

Not much to add about disembarkation day so I'll tag in on here.

As we were on 2nd dining we didn't have to be up quite so early, so once up and sorted we went to Royal Court for the last breakfast, said goodbye to everyone although we should see Edward in a couple of months when he is on leave

Obviously Kerrie couldn't take her Rose with her so we gave it to Edward to surprise someone with, he called over a young girl from Thailand on her first contract and got down on one knee with it poor girl didn't know what was going on to start with and looked petrified lol Edward is a big joker but the type who does it with a straight serious face, anyway she got a couple of nice fresh Roses to brighten her cabin up

Disembarking was fairly painless although there was a big queue to get into the terminal which took about 20 mins to clear, this was the first time this had happened and the first time we had boarded faster than we had got off

Immigration also took a bit longer than normal as it was all one queue this time, there used to be a line for non U.S citizens and we used to be through pretty quick (hope it comes back)

We joined the Budget car rental line where we had to wait a bit for a shuttle, once at the office I was 2nd off and in the line leaving Kerrie to deal with the bags Nice lady remembered me from the week before with my Birthday badge and gave me a free upgrade from a compact to a Dodge Avenger, in fact I've only ever got the car I booked once here

We checked back in at Wilderness Lodge Villas where a room was already ready for us Bell services brought our locker and cases from long term storage so we had a bit of a sort out ready for tomorrow.

VWL studio (bigger than the one we had the week before)

After a sort out we went to Epcot where we had arranged to meet Mel, a friend who used to work for DCL & WDW, so we spent the rest of the afternoon in World Showcase with her, having a couple of drinks and meeting characters

Thats pretty much the end, the day after we flew home with American Airlines who we can't fault, especially the cabin steward who took my Olszewski Cinderella Castle and stored it in his own locker so it wouldn't get damaged

The next cruise is this November with Lou Mongello and special guest Richard Sherman which we are really looking forward to and the month after a first for us a Disney Christmas cruise, so looking forward to that too.

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment
Old 28 Apr 12, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Gary
Apprentice Imagineer

Gary's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I can't believe you are going back again so soon, I'm really jealous
Looks like you had a fantastic time, thanks for all the pictures.
2016 - 12 night Copenhagen to Dover - DCL
2017 - 14 night Southampton to Barcelona - RCI
Gary is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 12, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Gizmo473
Excited about Disney

looks as though you had a really great time.

Fantasy Villas 1998 Hunters Creek 2000 Clear Creek 2002
Lake Davenport 2004 Cumbrian Lakes 2006
Woodcrest 2008 Legacy Park 2010
Hunters Creek 2012 Sanctuary 2014 Grand Reserve 2015
Gizmo473 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 12, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Florida Mel
Imagineer

Florida Mel's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 17

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Thumbs up Great trip report :-)

Fabulous trip report and wonderful picture, thanks for sharing
Florida Mel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 12, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 32
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Fab trip! Thanks for sharing and what fantastic adventures you have planned! The one in November sounds great!

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
NatsyNoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 12, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsbigbeak
Imagineer

Lovely trip fab pics thanks for sharing x

1st time POFQ Aug/Sep 2012- 2 weeks -2nd time Rosen inn,POFQ 3 weeks-3rd time NYC,Canada,DC,Rosen inn, Coranado springs 5weeks-4th time Vegas,San Fransisco,Hollywood, Anaheim & NYC 3 weeks - 5th time,Rosen inn international,Disney all star music resort 3 weeks
mrsbigbeak is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 12, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
wickesy
VIP Dibber

Great trip report Tim. It was nice to see how others experienced the maiden voyage.

One of our table mates gave me her rose from Palo on the last night when she passed us in La Piazza and I gave it to Anja, one of our servers there.

Trip Reports: WDW '07 ~ WDW '08 ~ SF & Disneyland '08 ~ WDW '09 ~ Smokies '09 ~ DLP '10 ~ DCL '10 ~ Crown Princess '11 ~ WDW '11 ~ DCL '12 ~ DCL '13

wickesy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 12, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Great report and lovely photos.
Maiden Voyages are very special .. with special prices too!

We're on the Western in Sept and I think we're going to do the same as you and Kerrie (and also David and Ray) ... just bimble for 10 mins before getting back on the ship!