Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 4 Mar 13, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
We've done both. The adult pool was fine on the Dream, it was the family pools that were far too busy. You couldn't swim, just really wade in and stand shoulder to shoulder with other people!
Originally Posted by Sarah84 View Post
This is one thing that worries me about cruising
Me too but I'm hoping the WBTA pools won't be too crowded on the Magic.
Old 4 Mar 13, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We've sailed on the Wonder and the Fantasy and are heading off on the Magic in May. I'm worried that on the smaller ship there will be less to do as I thought the Fantasy was fab. Much preferred the adult only areas too.

Agree with the look of the main pool on the Fantasy, always seemed to contain loads of people but that doesn't bother us as we didnt use it.
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 13, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
We've sailed them all and the Fantasy beats the Dream hands down.

The adult only area on the Fantasy is excellent as lessons wrere learnt clearly.

The Magic/Wonder are a different kettle of fish altogether and not really comparable.
The Classics are beautiful, have a much nicer adult pool area and are small so very cosy .. you see the same people sometimes and actually recognise them. On the Dream/Fantasy, I rarely had this as it was so much bigger.

My choice would be:
Magic and Fantasy ... if only one choice, probably Fantasy
Wonder
Dream
Old 4 Mar 13, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by BarryandCaron View Post
Me too but I'm hoping the WBTA pools won't be too crowded on the Magic.
The adult pool is generally ok... except when there's a handstand competition in progress

Originally Posted by margyloveswdw View Post
We've sailed on the Wonder and the Fantasy and are heading off on the Magic in May. I'm worried that on the smaller ship there will be less to do as I thought the Fantasy was fab. Much preferred the adult only areas too.

Agree with the look of the main pool on the Fantasy, always seemed to contain loads of people but that doesn't bother us as we didnt use it.
By the look of it, adults are better caterer to than the dream...with that upstairs area. But I've never really found a major problem oncebyounturf off the lounge hoggers
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 13, 07:02 AM  
Link to this Post
jdybnsn
Imagineer

We've done both types and would say both have their pluses and both have their minuses... after sailing the new ships it wouldn't put me off sailing the old ships (and vise versa).

**GOLD CASTAWAY CAY MEMBERS !**Feb2002- I Drive Feb2004- PORS Feb2006 -Regal Palms/4 Night Disney Wonder Feb2008- Reunion /Disney Magic Western/Omni@CG Feb2010 - Reunion/Disney Magic Eastern/Hammock Beach PalmCoast July2010- Disney Magic 8 Night Dover-Barcelona July2011 Disney Magic10 Night Med.Feb2012-Anna Maria Island/Disney Dream X2/Hyatt GC. May 2014 Disney Fantasy Eastern
jdybnsn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 13, 07:02 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread