Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 7 Mar 13, 03:02 AM  
Link to this Post
sunkisser
Imagineer

I have only been on the Med cruise but no way would a couple of any age look out of place. There are plenty of adult only areas if you don't want to be around kids. I loved relaxing in the adult pool while my kids were in the kids club.
We also went to an adult only comedy show one night, again while the kids were in the kids club. I haven't laughed so much in years
You get the usual Disney shows, but if you love Disney it doesn't matter what age you are does it? I would have enjoyed them just as much without the kids.
We are going again in August and as my girls are that much older, we might try the bars one or two night this time Without them of course
Old 7 Mar 13, 07:49 AM  
Link to this Post
mariechez
Imagineer

mariechez's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Originally Posted by sunkisser View Post
I have only been on the Med cruise but no way would a couple of any age look out of place. There are plenty of adult only areas if you don't want to be around kids. I loved relaxing in the adult pool while my kids were in the kids club.
We also went to an adult only comedy show one night, again while the kids were in the kids club. I haven't laughed so much in years
You get the usual Disney shows, but if you love Disney it doesn't matter what age you are does it? I would have enjoyed them just as much without the kids.
We are going again in August and as my girls are that much older, we might try the bars one or two night this time Without them of course
Great to hear, thanks. I booked last night

ORLANDO 03,04,05x2,07,O8,09,10x2,11x2,12x2,13,14,15,16
LV x2,SAN FRAN & LA,CRUISING THE CARIBBEAN,BALTICS ,FJORDS,BAHAMAS,ITALY,
BARCELONA,FRANCE, PORTUGAL,BOSTON, NEW ENGLAND,BELGUIM,GUERNSEY. NEW YORKx3 & MIAMI
mariechez is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 13, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Fantastic... The dream is a beautiful ship... You will love it! Is it a Bahamas trip you have booked?
Old 7 Mar 13, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
mariechez
Imagineer

mariechez's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by miked1e View Post
Fantastic... The dream is a beautiful ship... You will love it! Is it a Bahamas trip you have booked?
Yeah she looks amazing. Indeed, we have done Nassau before and wasnt overly impressed but im going for the ship really and Disney's CC

BARCELONA,FRANCE, PORTUGAL,BOSTON, NEW ENGLAND,BELGUIM,GUERNSEY. NEW YORKx3 & MIAMI
mariechez is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 13, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi Marie, lovely to hear from you. Hope you are well.
You won't look out of place at all and I'm sure you will love it. I've only done the 7 day med so far but have a 4 night Bahamas on the dream in oct, so I will be coming to you for tips
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 13, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post

We have just done the 3 night, PC to Nassau to CC to PC, amazing. The ship is stunning in every way, the crew were brilliant. We have 3 kids and a gran travelling, she was easily able to find her own/adult space if she had wanted. The kids areas are clearly defined and most of the Americans we saw couldnt wait to stuff their kids into the kids clubs for hours on end each day lol, meaning they are either in the pool or the kids clubs, not cluttering the halls or food areas haha
Old 8 Mar 13, 07:57 AM  
Link to this Post
mariechez
Imagineer

mariechez's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by MATMELSAM&MOG View Post
Hi Marie, lovely to hear from you. Hope you are well.
You won't look out of place at all and I'm sure you will love it. I've only done the 7 day med so far but have a 4 night Bahamas on the dream in oct, so I will be coming to you for tips
Good thanks, you? see you have another countdown

Originally Posted by jakeys mum View Post
We have just done the 3 night, PC to Nassau to CC to PC, amazing. The ship is stunning in every way, the crew were brilliant. We have 3 kids and a gran travelling, she was easily able to find her own/adult space if she had wanted. The kids areas are clearly defined and most of the Americans we saw couldnt wait to stuff their kids into the kids clubs for hours on end each day lol, meaning they are either in the pool or the kids clubs, not cluttering the halls or food areas haha
Good to hear, cant wait thanks for letting me know.

Old 8 Mar 13, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
We don't ever get off in Nassau, we use the time to play Goofy's Golf on top deck, do Mid Ship Detectives (well, we always have the intention of doing MS Detectives but have never actually gotten round to doing it )

You'll find that most people have the sam eidea though so don't expect an empty ship for Nassau!
Old 8 Mar 13, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by Bats View Post
We don't ever get off in Nassau, we use the time to play Goofy's Golf on top deck, do Mid Ship Detectives (well, we always have the intention of doing MS Detectives but have never actually gotten round to doing it )

You'll find that most people have the sam eidea though so don't expect an empty ship for Nassau!
If we ever do on DCL around the Bahamas again, we would not bother getting off at Nassau. We did the deep water dolphin swim and water park excursion last time. Although the dolphin swim was amazing, the water park was far too busy! 3 other cruise ships in at the same time. Feel sorry for the people staying at the hotel!

We would spend time exploring the ship on that day next time... if there is a next time!
Old 8 Mar 13, 11:45 PM  
Link to this Post

Just thought i'd mention... I checked with DCL directly, a few US TAs and a UK TA. The UK TA was cheaper than DCL and the US TAs..offering a price that was £100 less than the others. It could have just been a special deal on the category I was wanting (so can't be sure that they are always cheaper). The US TAs were offering onboard credit but their prices were a little more than DCL.

Then again..I booked cruise only.

Edited at 11:48 PM.
Closed Thread