Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 24 Mar 13, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
PIGLET38
Imagineer

Transatlantic disney cruise for 7 year old?

I have been pricing up taking my DS back to Florida in May 2014 when it will just be me and him. Decided to just take a look at what Disney cruises there were for May 2014 and there is the 12 night transatlantic from Florida to Barcelona for a very good price. Very tempted as I have done one cruise before (not disney) and loved it. My question to you seasoned disney cruisers is will there be enough to occupy my son for a 12 night cruise with all th sea days? Will the weather be warm enough to be in the pools? I know there are the kids clubs but I'm not sure whether they would hold his interest enough. Are there movies going on in the theatre all the time? Sorry for all the questions but really fancy trying this out as we have done the theme parks a few times and would be nice to do something different.

1993 & 1994 Kissimmee*1999 ASM*2000 Lindfields*2006 Pop Century*2010 Windsor Hills, AKL & ASM*2012 Villa Greater Groves*2014 Cabana Bay/Disney Cruise*Apr2016 Villa Whispering Oaks*Aug2016 Highlands Reserve & RPR*Apr2018 CBR*July2018 HR Villa & Anna Maria*AUG2019 HRH*Dec 2022 Regal Oaks*Mar 2023 HR Villa*
PIGLET38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 13, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post

Hi Emma, I would say there would be plenty going on Have been on shorter Disney cruises and the activities on board are so varied that it's sometimes hard to decide what to do. The cinema shows films throughout the day the kids clubs are second to none and I believe they do lot's of different activities on longer cruises as well. Theres also lot's of family activities that are arranged . I can't comment on the weather as not 100% sure how it will be going across the alantic there are chances of Rain but we have been In Florida and had Rain at all different times of the year. The only thing none of us can control is the weather but you can bet one thing if the weather is bad Disney will do everything in their power to make sure fun is still had. We are going on the Translantic and really can't wait it is a first for us being on a ship for longer than a week but am looking forward to those sea days and all they have to offer and of course the ports.
There are some good websites that you can look at past Navigators that tell you what goes on each day on the ship and you can also see what the children can do . Anyway sorry for my waffle good luck and hopefully you will be joining the merry band of people that are already booked
Chucklechops
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 13, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
PIGLET38
Imagineer

Thanks for taking the time to reply chucklepops. Are you on the May 2014 transatlantic cruise? Do you have children that you cruise with? Thanks.

1993 & 1994 Kissimmee*1999 ASM*2000 Lindfields*2006 Pop Century*2010 Windsor Hills, AKL & ASM*2012 Villa Greater Groves*2014 Cabana Bay/Disney Cruise*Apr2016 Villa Whispering Oaks*Aug2016 Highlands Reserve & RPR*Apr2018 CBR*July2018 HR Villa & Anna Maria*AUG2019 HRH*Dec 2022 Regal Oaks*Mar 2023 HR Villa*
PIGLET38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 13, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
HiddenMickey35
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Emma

I took kids aged 11, 8 to Panama Canal with Magic Disney. They had awesome times and my son was very upset when departed day.

Plenty things to do also there have club which was great activities, swimming and stay over night in the club. They enjoyed it. Movies and big screen outside movies, pirates party.

I ask my son now and what he think of it and he said oh good times.

Go for it!

Scottishwee35
DCL 6-9April 06,DCL on 18 July 07, Medi.,DCL on 15 Nights Panama Canal - Westbound< May 08, NEW YORK NOV 24-30TH WITH 5 LADIES :, DCL on 3 July '10 for 8 days Dover to Barcelona RCCI - FOS 10 April '11, Spendlour of the Seas, 19 July 2013,Disney Magic 14 Nights WB Tranny Sep 6, 2014, Jamaica June 12-23, 2018, RC Cruise, Halloween 2019, Mexico with groups, Sept 2022, DCL Nowhere on 27th July 2021 for 3 nights?, Anthem of the Seas, Norweigian Fjords Cruise, May 2022
HiddenMickey35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 13, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Irishrover
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 19
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Hi my dd georgia did the wbta in 2011 when she was 6 and a half. Shes a seasoned cruiser having done lots n lots of disney cruises over the years.

I think I wouldve been wary taking her on a TA for her first cruise,(just the pure amount of sea days- we expected lots of "Im bored") but as she loved the disney ships we were pretty confident shed be fine. She was and we'd hardly seen her . Because the boat was no where near full she saw the same kids day after day and made lotsve friends, and the cousellers got to know them all and there was a really good atmosphere in the place where no one got left out. Georgia still says it was the best cruise ever.

Shes coming again on the wbta in 2014 and Im expecting it to be her new "best cruise ever"

Bren

Edited at 02:47 PM.
Irishrover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 13, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
HiddenMickey35
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Originally Posted by Irishrover View Post
Hi my dd georgia did the wbta in 2011 when she was 6 and a half. Shes a seasoned cruiser having done lots n lots of disney cruises over the years.

I think I wouldve been wary taking her on a TA for her first cruise,(just the pure amount of sea days- we expected lots of "Im bored") but as she loved the disney ships we were pretty confident shed be fine. She was and we'd hardly seen her . Because the boat was no where near full she saw the same kids day after day and made lotsve friends, and the cousellers got to know them all and there was a really good atmosphere in the place where no one got left out. Georgia still says it was the best cruise ever.

Shes coming again on the wbta in 2014 and Im expecting it to be her new "best cruise ever"

Bren
Aww best cruise ever... no wonder my kids well now teenagers love cruise... they don't know about next year

Scottishwee35
DCL 6-9April 06,DCL on 18 July 07, Medi.,DCL on 15 Nights Panama Canal - Westbound< May 08, NEW YORK NOV 24-30TH WITH 5 LADIES :, DCL on 3 July '10 for 8 days Dover to Barcelona RCCI - FOS 10 April '11, Spendlour of the Seas, 19 July 2013,Disney Magic 14 Nights WB Tranny Sep 6, 2014, Jamaica June 12-23, 2018, RC Cruise, Halloween 2019, Mexico with groups, Sept 2022, DCL Nowhere on 27th July 2021 for 3 nights?, Anthem of the Seas, Norweigian Fjords Cruise, May 2022
HiddenMickey35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 13, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
PIGLET38
Imagineer

Thanks for the replies - its nice to know that others have taken children about the same age and they enjoyed it. I will be a single mum - do you think I will look out of place on a cruise? I know I would be fine taking him doing the theme parks on my own - but don't want to stick out like a sore thumb

Old 24 Mar 13, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Irishrover
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 19
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by PIGLET38 View Post
Thanks for the replies - its nice to know that others have taken children about the same age and they enjoyed it. I will be a single mum - do you think I will look out of place on a cruise? I know I would be fine taking him doing the theme parks on my own - but don't want to stick out like a sore thumb
Not at all. Theres lotsve single people on the cruise, disney will try and sit you with like people at dinner they are amazing at joining people up . We had a single lady with 2 children on our table and the kids got on like a house on fire. Theres also lotsve activities that get you talking with fellow cruisers, you'll find people are incredibly friendly as we are sortve all in it together.

Why dont you look at the dibb wbta thread for 2014? I know you want to do the eastbound but it might give you an idea of the activities that go on

Irishrover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 13, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by PIGLET38 View Post
Thanks for taking the time to reply chucklepops. Are you on the May 2014 transatlantic cruise? Do you have children that you cruise with? Thanks.
Hi Emma we are on the Western Translantic would like to do both if we could lol ! Anyway I see you have had some good replys already see there all very friendly and full of Knowledge Im sure Irishrover has some fab trip reports that will give you a great insight. Our Girls are 17 & 16 now so even though they love our trips it will be just the two of us as our eldest will be about to start her first year at uni fingers crossed and our youngest her last year at college! Anyway you will meet people along the way and it's always good to join a group so you can get chatting before you board.
Have fun Planning
Tracey
Old 24 Mar 13, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by scottishwee35 View Post
Emma

I took kids aged 11, 8 to Panama Canal with Magic Disney. They had awesome times and my son was very upset when departed day.

Plenty things to do also there have club which was great activities, swimming and stay over night in the club. They enjoyed it. Movies and big screen outside movies, pirates party.

I ask my son now and what he think of it and he said oh good times.

Go for it!

Scottishwee35
if your children are anything like ours they talk about their trips even now special times and special memories
Chucklechops
Closed Thread