Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 26 Jul 16, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
SMAX
Imagineer

SMAX's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Guidebook Photos: 69
New Universal Orlando 3-Park Explorer Ticket Now On Sale Featuring Universal's Volcano Bay

inline imageGuests can now book their 2017 summer holiday to Universal Orlando Resort, including a visit to the destination’s newest water theme park experience, Volcano Bay. The new Universal Orlando 3-Park Explorer Ticket is now on sale for international guests for travel dates beginning 1st June 2017.

The new ticket is available for purchase at the introductory price of £223 for adults and £215 for children, and offers guests 14 consecutive days of unlimited park access to Universal Orlando’s incredible three theme parks – Universal Studios Florida, Universal’s Islands of Adventure and, coming summer 2017, the new water theme park Universal’s Volcano Bay. The Universal Orlando 3-Park Explorer Ticket also includes admission to select live entertainment at Universal CityWalk, where guests can enjoy dining and entertainment for every member of the family.

At Volcano Bay, guests will discover a place like no other, filled with incredible thrills and relaxing indulgences. This one-of-a-kind water theme park will transport guests to a fully immersive tropical paradise featuring 18 unique attractions and hassle-free conveniences so families can get the most out of their time together. Guests do not have to stand in long lines or wrestle with tubes before enjoying an exhilarating variety of experiences, like family raft rides, twisting body slides that launch guests above the water and relaxing in private one or two story cabanas.

Guests staying at one of Universal Orlando’s on-site hotels will receive early park admission to either Universal Studios Florida or Universal’s Islands of Adventure and Universal’s Volcano Bay one hour before the park opens.

The Universal Orlando 3-Park Explorer Ticket is now available at universalorlando and through international travel professionals.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WGxgpcG.jpg
Views:	76544
Size:	28.9 KB
ID:	63609  
SMAX is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 16, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Literally three days after we move from Universal to Disney 🙈 I suppose it would be packed that week anyway - just another reason to go back!
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 16, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordie Al
Imagineer

Lets put this into context; a 2017 2 park 14 day pass can be purchased for £179 at the moment.So that means an extra £44 per person for access to Volcano Bay. IMHO that is a bit expensive for entry to a water park,sounds very much like Universal getting greedy
Old 26 Jul 16, 11:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Animagus
Imagineer

would love to visit Volcano Bay next year but have to agree with pp the price seems a little steep! Have no idea what you'd currently pay for a one day entry to any Florida water park though, so perhaps it's not that bad a deal after all.
Animagus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 16, 11:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

We're upgrading to annual passes this year, I wonder if there will be the option to add it to that.

Planning on a week at universal May half term week so could try the early entry on the first two days. Also a week in August when we could split our days across the water park and other parks.

Anyone know if annual passes were available for the three parks before? I've only ever read about people having the two park one.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 16, 07:02 AM  
Link to this Post
suesmum
Apprentice Imagineer

suesmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Animagus View Post
would love to visit Volcano Bay next year but have to agree with pp the price seems a little steep! Have no idea what you'd currently pay for a one day entry to any Florida water park though, so perhaps it's not that bad a deal after all.
We priced up a day visit to Typhoon/Blizzard and found a site selling one day tickets to both parks with park hopping for Adult $61.77 so all depends on exchange rate when purchased as to sterling equiv.
suesmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 16, 08:03 AM  
Link to this Post
MikeC1964
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Geordie Al View Post
Lets put this into context; a 2017 2 park 14 day pass can be purchased for £179 at the moment.So that means an extra £44 per person for access to Volcano Bay. IMHO that is a bit expensive for entry to a water park,sounds very much like Universal getting greedy
It always amuses me when people suggest that Disney or Universal are being greedy. They're businesses for goodness sake, not philanthropic societies!

£44 for 14 consecutive days access to what will most likely be a cutting edge water park? How much would 14 days access to Splash Landings at Alton Towers cost? Personally I feel it's good value.

Just sayin' !
Old 27 Jul 16, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
chloe87
Getting Excited

chloe87's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by MikeC1964 View Post
It always amuses me when people suggest that Disney or Universal are being greedy. They're businesses for goodness sake, not philanthropic societies!

£44 for 14 consecutive days access to what will most likely be a cutting edge water park? How much would 14 days access to Splash Landings at Alton Towers cost? Personally I feel it's good value.

Just sayin' !
Completely agree with this.
£44 is roughly how much it cost ($ rate depending) for one day at Blizzard/Typhoon.
chloe87 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 16, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Just sayin' !
Got to agree £44 for 14 days access is great value IMO.

You could in theory go everyday for 14 days, even just for half an hour's dip for £3.15 a pop.

You probably wouldn't... but you could.

Edited at 12:36 PM.
MissFortune is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 16, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordie Al
Imagineer

Just sayin' !
Hey everyone has their opinion and I fully accept they are businesses and out to make a profit, but a 2015 2 park ticket cost me £125 while in 2017 it will cost £179 a rise of 43% in 2 years.

So sorry for having my own opinion but there's no need for the sarcasm