Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 18 Oct 16, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
NikNak
Excited about Disney

Disney Cruise Booking & Travel Agent

Wondering if anyone can offer any advice please. While onboard the transatlantic last month we booked another cruise next year. At the time of booking we gave the details of our travel agent who we had booked the transatlantic with (Travel on a Dream). I contacted the agent when I got home however she had no record of our booking. She contacted DCL to get copies of our reservation however they wouldn't give her them as there was no mention of her on the reservation. She therefore sent us forms to complete giving her permission to deal with the booking on our behalf. I returned them to the agent and she sent them to DCL however they replied to say that as it was booked in GBP they will not transfer it to a US travel agency. It's no big deal really but the downside is I'm missing out on the free onboard credit. I'm just wondering if anyone knows if there are any UK travel agents who maybe offer such a deal that I could transfer my booking to? Thank you
Old 19 Oct 16, 07:17 AM  
Link to this Post
lass1308
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Being in GBP means you won't get stung by the exchange rate dropping. Recent changes could have more than eaten up on board credit from US travel agents. We would have paid alot more for our upcoming cruise in $ than it looked like it should have cost when we booked. If there are any UK agents, I would be interested as well.
lass1308 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 16, 08:36 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Yeah I would say be grateful! I paid in $ to get the OBC and now looking at the difference between how much I paid and how much others paid in £'s I am paying a lot more. My only hope is the rate will get better but who knows.
Old 25 Oct 16, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Forget about the OBC, don't book with a UK agent because of the awful T&Cs!
The currency is a bit poo right now, but it can only get better right?!
Old 26 Oct 16, 07:51 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 16, 07:51 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bats View Post
Forget about the OBC, don't book with a UK agent because of the awful T&Cs!
The currency is a bit poo right now, but it can only get better right?!
I'm on countdown to November 8th and then might pay cruise off as I think in April we will have another drop in stuff!