Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 29 Oct 16, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
MargaretMouse
VIP Dibber

Who did you book your Disney Cruise with

Who did you book your Disney Cruise with and why. Did you also book flights and accommodation with the same company, I like to book a package if possible. Looking for help and advice.
Old 30 Oct 16, 12:33 AM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We've always booked directly with DCL (cruise only) but I'm sure someone will be along to give you other options!
margyloveswdw is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 16, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Ds4ljs
Imagineer

Ds4ljs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by margyloveswdw View Post
We've always booked directly with DCL (cruise only) but I'm sure someone will be along to give you other options!
Yes us too.
Ds4ljs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 16, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
OrlandoLes
Excited about Disney

OrlandoLes's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Booked Flight, car & cruise last year with Charter Travel & all went well but decided to do all DIY this year & booked cruise with a US TA called Dreams Unlmited Travel. Main reason was for the online credit which we didn't get booking with Charter last year but unfortunately we lost out on the exchange rate when the full amount was due (just after Brexit!).
I would recommend getting prices from DCL direct, a US TA & a U.K. Travel agent & compare prices.
Good luck with it all & I can assure you all that you'll love it
Cheers
Les
Windsor Hills Villa - May 2012; Rolling Hills Villa - Easter 2014; High Grove DIBB Villa / RPR / Disney Dream - Easter 2015; Sunset Lakes DIBB Villa /HRH/ Disney Dream - August 2016; NYC / St Pete's Beach / DIBB Townhouse at Windsor hills - Easter 2018; Flights / Sunset Lakes Villa / Harmony of the Seas Cruise - Easter 2020 Didn’t happen!
OrlandoLes is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 16, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

I book with Jess Hayes at Pixie Travel. She does amazing job for me and has always been excellent at organising things for me so I don't have to stress such as booking on opening day etc. Also get some onboard credit but that isn't the main reason I go with her. She's great at organising things and her extra special touches make it worthwhile. I've used other agents such as Dreams Unlimited too but haven't found the level of service that Jess gives me with anyone else.
Old 1 Nov 16, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Originally Posted by OrlandoLes View Post
Booked Flight, car & cruise last year with Charter Travel & all went well but decided to do all DIY this year & booked cruise with a US TA called Dreams Unlmited Travel. Main reason was for the online credit which we didn't get booking with Charter last year but unfortunately we lost out on the exchange rate when the full amount was due (just after Brexit!).
I would recommend getting prices from DCL direct, a US TA & a U.K. Travel agent & compare prices.
Good luck with it all & I can assure you all that you'll love it
Cheers
Les
It's not just the price you should compare. It's the T&Cs, knowledge and aftercare.
For instance how many Virgin reps have cruised on each of the Disney ships (or other cruise lines)? .. it's like asking a carpet fitter for a boiler recommendation.
The T&Cs with UK agents is abysmal with no amendments allowed without the buyer paying through the nose in admin charges.
Do all agents know about PATs, dining rotations and times? I can answer that with a resounding no!

So, it's very important to look at more aspects than just price when choosing who to book with.
Looking at the exchange rate currently, and as a first timer, I would book direct and come on here for the knowledge.
Old 1 Nov 16, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Mickeys Mrs
Imagineer

Last year we booked direct via the DCL website (easy and no problems) this year we booked a complete split stay (no flights though) via Disney (so direct again). I considered a US travel agency but wanted to know the price upfront without the exchange rate fluctuations. I had booked online for the WDW stay and then decided to add the cruise on and phoned them to do this. Was very easy and very helpful service as you would expect from Disney.

DLP 2002 & 2010
WDW 2003, 2006, 2009, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2022, 2023 (solo trip) & 2024
Mickeys Mrs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 16, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
sparrow
Imagineer

Mobile

We've always used Dreams unlimited travel. Always full of information and very helpful. Our TA is called Merrie.
Old 1 Nov 16, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
nasty
Imagineer

Mobile

Booked direct with DCL then used The Dibb for everything else I needed to know for a 1st time cruiser. And they didn't let me down x 😀
nasty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 16, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
dietcokebreak
slightly serious Dibber

We booked our package through Disney holidays, had to phone them as we wanted to "cruise and stay".
We flew into mco, stayed pvernight at the hyatt at the airport (this gives an early boarding for the cruise), took disney transport to the cruise, tramsport back to disney hotel.

Went so smoothly. I was concerned with all the moving parts, but it was like a well oiled machine.

Edited at 08:31 AM.
dietcokebreak is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread