Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 6 Nov 16, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Princess Cruises - Crown Princess Southampton/Iceland/Canada/NYC

We are again looking for another cruise instead of our ski trip (despite deposit being paid )

I have found a cruise from Southampton to Shetland Islands, Iceland, Canada and New York next Sept.

Balcony cabin comes in around £2600 plus £170odd return flight from New York. We might even add in a couple of nights in NYC - well it would be rude not to!

Anyone have any experiences of Princess in general and Crown Princess in particular? Anyone done this cruise?

Katie
katiec68 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 16, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotty
Imagineer

Princess is great and that itinerary sounds even better. Have been on Grand and Golden - I think Crown is similar with another deck of cabins.
I would try and get a balcony on the sunny side of the ship (Port going west I think).
We like the fact that Princess has any time dining, self service laundries and menus that we like. Their carbonara pasta course at dinner is (was) awesome.
Shop around for prices, not sure if Princess sell to the UK through US TA's but if so they are usually cheaper.

Edited at 08:25 PM.
Scotty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 16, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
disney owl
Imagineer

disney owl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
been on one Princess cruise on the Crown Princess & had a brilliant cruise. We usually cruise with P&O & Princess recognised our P&O loyalty points.

Would def cruise with them again
June 2001, August 2003,2007 &Sept 2010 - WDW Offsite
June 2005 - DLP Davy Crockett Ranch
disney owl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 16, 12:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

That's spooky we're considering the same cruise! It's a really interesting itinerary. An inside cabin Is £890 - a bargain for 14 nights. We have been trying to work out what to do after it - maybe fly on to Florida for a Caribbean cruise or stay on for the Canada cruise. Or maybe a road to Florida through the Carolinas.
We have done around 17 Princess cruises and been on the Crown to Norway - it's a nice ship. There are several in the fleet of similar design.

Edited at 05:50 AM.
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 16, 02:08 AM  
Link to this Post
JSP
Imagineer

We did this itinerary last year on the Caribbean Princess, we had an amazing time and topped it off with a week in New York. Highlights of the cruise for us were, whale watching in Iceland, an seeing the northern lights, it was an amazing experience 😊
Old 7 Nov 16, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Oh my goodness! This looks AMAZING, offf for a quick google.

This isn't 2019
Old 7 Nov 16, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
I have a cabin reserved! Just waiting to see if my friend at the TA can give me a bit of discount!

Just trying to forget we have paid a £400 ski holiday deposit

Katie x
katiec68 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 16, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
Originally Posted by JSP View Post
We did this itinerary last year on the Caribbean Princess, we had an amazing time and topped it off with a week in New York. Highlights of the cruise for us were, whale watching in Iceland, an seeing the northern lights, it was an amazing experience 😊
Oooh - Id love to hear more about your trip

Katie x
Old 9 Nov 16, 12:33 AM  
Link to this Post
JSP
Imagineer

Hiya, our trip was slightly different I think, it was 17 nights, we went to Norway, Lerwick, 3 places in Iceland, 2 in Canada and on to New York where we stayed for a week. The whale watching we did was from Akureyri and was a ship excursion, it was expensive, but honestly one of those moments I will never forget, we saw lots of humpback whales, some jumping out of the water, they are ove 50 foot long, an amazing sight, we had $900 obc so we used some of that, and I'd go again in a heart beat We actually saw some whales from the ship one evening too!
They also had an expert on board who knew all about the northern lights, he was up on deck all the nights that there was a possibility of seeing them, and one night we had an amazing show for several hours, the captain dimmed the lights mid ship and we got a really good view.
Halifax was a lovely sail in they had drums and pipes to see us into port, and they came on board and did a whole performance in the theatre, which was an unexpected surprise.
Where we docked in New York we could see the Statue of Liberty, we got up early to see the sail in, it was well worth it!
I'm sure you will have an amazing time, we almost rebooked for next year, but we booked one to Japan, China and South Korea instead in October and are researching ports there with much excitement, next though is a cruise with just my mum and me in a couple of weeks, and we just had a Caribbean one as part of our Florida holiday last month, I think we are addicts! you have to love cruising!

Edited at 12:41 AM.
JSP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 16, 01:53 AM  
Link to this Post
stecee
Imagineer

We was on a Princess cruise earlier this year on the Emerald Princess and really enjoyed it. I thought the interaction between the crew and passengers was better than our previous two cruises with Norwegian and Royal Caribbean.
The only thing that let it down a little was the headline shows, the two we saw were ok at best.
Other than that, the entertainment and food were first class. The ship had a lovely atmosphere.
'Oct 97 Days inn main gate west, June '02 Days inn main gate west, Dec '05 All star movie resort, Aug '07 Caribbean Beach Resort, Sept '09 Port Orleans Riverside, Oct'10 Tour then villa at Highgate, May '12 Emerald Island villa. Oct '14 The Keys then SSR.

Edited at 01:56 AM.
stecee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread