Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

View Poll Results: Which would you pick?
4 Night Disney Dream Oct 2017 7 20.00%
7 Night Canadian Coast on Disney Magic Oct 2017 14 40.00%
7 Night Alaskan Cruise in 2018 14 40.00%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 16 Nov 16, 01:51 AM  
Link to this Post
MissVincent
Imagineer

Which would you pick?

We are just off a 4 night very merrytime cruise on Friday and of course we booked a placeholder whilst on board. My husband was very reluctant to cruise as he has a fear of water/drowning but he enjoyed it.

I convinced him to book the placeholder by saying he didnt have to decide now and its fully refundable etc etc. I am thinking I should just book an actual cruise asap before he changes his mind!

My current considerations are:

4 Night Halloween on the high seas next Oct
7 Night Canada Coastline from NYC with Marvel Day at Sea next Oct
Alaskan Cruise in 2018

I am torn as Alaska is a bucket list destination for me but so is Canada and my husband is desperate to go back to NYC and this cruise leaves on his birthday. I am also not sure if its fair to him to do a longer cruise with more sea days so maybe we should stick with the 4 nights. We got married in NYC so that cruise would also mean being there just after our 5th wedding anniversary

Also the NYC cruise leaves later in Oct we wouldnt get to see our family who are going to Orlando earlier in the month.

Lastly the cost... obviously NYC and Alaska cost a lot more and that means we may have to miss out on other trips planned in 2017 and 2018. We are trying to visit all Disney Parks within a 12 month timeframe and it may not be possible of we pick one of those.

Edited at 02:07 AM.
MissVincent is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 16, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Alaska for me for a few reasons ...

1. They're not out yet so prices will be low (ha ha) when they do come out. The others are already available so prices will have gone up since day 1 no doubt.

2. More time to save.

3. NYC is easy to do over a few days, but you could incorporate a trip to Niagara for instance.

4. 7 nights always better than 4 and you did say he enjoyed it.

5. If you do Alaska, you could go to Disney Cal first. You're on the west coast anyway!

We did 2 Canada stops this year on the Transatlantic ... Sydney and Halifax. They were nice, but not out of this world.
I would book a trip to NYC for your anniversary, then book Alaska for a different time in 2018. They do Alaska from May through to August. (we're going in May 2017)
Old 19 Nov 16, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
kevbrydon
VIP Dibber

kevbrydon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Not a Hard choice for us... I'd do all three of them purely because I love DCL and haven't done them Itineraries yet

But the point I'd make is we are all different and trying to advise other dibbers what to do is hard, but maybe just maybe the NYC one next so Hubby really gets the bug for cruising. And as NYC does have some great memories for you both I'd suggest to keep the ball rolling on doing another cruise NYC all the way
Old 20 Nov 16, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

I would do the Canada one, as it's something that's one my list, but Alaska would be a close second.
Old 20 Nov 16, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
M M
Dibbing with Tink

Out of the 3 we'd pick Alaska every time, we've been lucky enough to experience all 3 and Alaska knocks spots off the other 2 itineraries, the 4 night on the Dream is what it is, 4 nights, pretty much about the ship and Castaway Cay with a few Halloween extras (like the Oct Canadian, and a bit of Marvel lol) Canadian Coastline was O.K for us but not a huge amount to do in the ports, plus you can do N.Y as a seperate trip without breaking the bank.
Alaska - amazing, plus your cruise will start and finish in Vancouver so you get to visit an amazing Canadian city, the ports of call and wildlife are stunning and as Joa says, why not visit L.A first. We flew to Disneyland first for a couple of days, then onto San Diego, then the repositioning cruise from S.D to Vancouver stopping in San Francisco followed by the Alaska cruise. Amazing trip, planning in a couple of years to fly around Alaska now and spend more time in each area
M M is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 16, 01:14 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 16, 01:14 AM  
Link to this Post
MissVincent
Imagineer

I am finding it a hard choice. I am due a bonus at work soon if its a good one I can have Canada and Alaska lol

Thanks everyone
MissVincent is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread