Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 3 Dec 16, 12:28 AM  
Link to this Post
PixieFairies
VIP Dibber

2 Cabins needed because of 16month old

Hey guys,
Im hoping to do the Disney Dream cruise next year, however we are told that we have to get a second cabin because our family is of 6.
However problem is our 6th member is only going to be 16 months at time of Cruise & we have to get a 2nd cabin working out at 2,000 dollars.

The baby could easily just sleep in between myself & hubby, my 2 girls 7 & 5 in the bunk beds & then 3 1/2 year old on the fold out murphy bed.

Just seems like a lot of money for a 2nd cabin just for the sake of a 16 month old.

Is there anyway around this?
PixieFairies is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 16, 12:37 AM  
Link to this Post
michala
Excited about Disney

To be honest a cabin for five, never mind six is rare and expensive. We find it cheaper sometimes to do two insides anyway.
michala is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 16, 02:29 AM  
Link to this Post
PixieFairies
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by michala View Post
To be honest a cabin for five, never mind six is rare and expensive. We find it cheaper sometimes to do two insides anyway.
is there any inside cabin staterooms that you would recommend?
PixieFairies is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 16, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by michala View Post
Would you feel happy with a lock off cabin. The intervening doors we locked the door open so they didn't shut properly. Because we had 3 older than yours. We booked one adult in each room and then two slept next door and one with us. We (adults) kept our keys so we could access bith rooms from outside. We asked our room host to keep the doors as they were. Worked well for us. My only concern for you was to yiunger kids being in separate room and if the intervening doors are heavy, I can't remember!
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 16, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Sotong
slightly serious Dibber

I'd recommend inside cabin on deck 9, near enough to the pool and buffets without being directly under the pool deck (noise?).
Good to be by the pool and buffet so you can easily get back for those bits and pieces that kids always forget by the pool and to get coffee, breakfast etc whilst kids get ready.

Only reason I'd recommend a balcony is if your 16 month old will have a sleep during the day, as it means you can still get some sun!
Some people recommend the inside across the corridor from a balcony so get best of both worlds!

Gillian
Sotong is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 16, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Sotong View Post
I'd recommend inside cabin on deck 9, near enough to the pool and buffets without being directly under the pool deck (noise?).
Good to be by the pool and buffet so you can easily get back for those bits and pieces that kids always forget by the pool and to get coffee, breakfast etc whilst kids get ready.

Only reason I'd recommend a balcony is if your 16 month old will have a sleep during the day, as it means you can still get some sun!
Some people recommend the inside across the corridor from a balcony so get best of both worlds!

Gillian
Go for a navigators balcony with kids ... still see out etc but safer imo with youngsters.
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 16, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Definitely get 2 inside rooms, or 2 of whatever category you want ... the connecting door is just like your own bedroom door at home minus the landing and corridor!

Put 1 adult (on paper) in each room as suggested then ask your stateroom host to prop the door open 24/7.

You do know though that your littlie will not be able to go into the children's clubs (nursery only at $9 per hour) and also, not allowed in the pools, even with swim nappies on. It's something to consider as a lot of parents want their children in the pools ... it's not a DCL rule, but a US Health one and applies to ALL cruise ships (no nappies in water and children must be toilet trained).

You can all go into the children's club during Open House of course.
Old 6 Dec 16, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
PixieFairies
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I think 2 connecting will have to be. Maybe those 5020/5022 larger cabins with 2 portholes in each.

Also we are staying 14 nights 2 bed okw, so we either have 4 night halloween cruise before staying onsite or 3 night halloween cruise after staying onsite..

For our 1st time cruise with 4 young kids, would you pick halloween event or christmas event cruises?
Old 7 Dec 16, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Originally Posted by PixieFairies View Post
I think 2 connecting will have to be. Maybe those 5020/5022 larger cabins with 2 portholes in each.

Also we are staying 14 nights 2 bed okw, so we either have 4 night halloween cruise before staying onsite or 3 night halloween cruise after staying onsite..

For our 1st time cruise with 4 young kids, would you pick halloween event or christmas event cruises?
Such great rooms! I'd go for the longer cruise normally, but doing a relaxing cruise then parks would not be my idea of fun. Id' much rather do it the other way around, bubt it really depends on how much you all like Halloween V Crimbo.

If you'll be doing MNSSHP, then I would do the 3 night Crimbo cruise (if it's at the right time to have Crimbo decs up).
Old 7 Dec 16, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
PixieFairies
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by caj View Post
Go for a navigators balcony with kids ... still see out etc but safer imo with youngsters.
whats a navigators balcony
Closed Thread