Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 18 Feb 17, 07:14 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBelle
Imagineer

DisneyBelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Mobile Kingdom strollers, few questions

Morning all,

We have a 3 and a 4 year old and plan to take one pushchair with us from home and hire one from Kingdom strollers as ive heard good things about them.

My questions are 1; we're staying onsite, if this is delivered before we arrive will will be charged the new $5 handling fee? (It looks like they work alongside disney so wasnt sure) 2; has anyone purchased the water? We wont be getting to a store so wondered if 24 x 17fl oz bottles for $9 was reasonable?

And a general question, my husband thinks taking 2 singles will be a major faff on the buses but there will be 6 adults and i figured if one wanted a sleep it'll be easier to take them off for a walk etc (the child not an adult haha!) Does that sound doable?
DisneyBelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 17, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Kawaii
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Watching this with interest!
Kawaii is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 17, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Kingdom strollers are very good high quality strollers clean and a very reliable service don't know about the handling fee though I agree they 2 strollers might be a faff the doubles from kingdom are easy to fold
Water currently 24 bottles of water $2/49 in Walmart that was last night
A bottle of water in the parks $3/25

Edited at 12:26 PM.
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 17, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Sounds like it might be cost effective to Uber to and from Walmart for a start of trip stock up of water , snacks etc bearing in mind the size of your party.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 17, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Can't answer about a double buggy but 2 singles I would think would be a lot easier.
With regards to water and your party size I would like the post above get an Uber. You will probably need 5 slabs at least for that size party.
For a 4 week break my Wife and I get through 5 slabs albeit that's a lot of pool days.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 17, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Jan
Imagineer

Jan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I think two single buggies would be more manoeuvrable.
Jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 17, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
KattyJemmeg
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

I used a double both times we went. For a few minutes faff on the buses/monorail you then get all day just wheeling the one stroller around. Much easier on many levels (only 1 adult needs to push, parking/finding stroller before/after a ride (CM's will move them and often do when the parks busy), kids love sitting side by side).

Water - yes, we get from KS for convenience if hitting the parks early before getting to supermarket. We are only talking a couple dollars difference really.
KattyJemmeg is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 17, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
silverfox46
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
Kingdom strollers are very good high quality strollers clean and a very reliable service don't know about the handling fee though I agree they 2 strollers might be a faff the doubles from kingdom are easy to fold
Water currently 24 bottles of water $2/49 in Walmart that was last night
A bottle of water in the parks $3/25
As Gryff says, Kingdom Strollers are excellent. We only had 1 stroller but they fold so easily it's no prob at all.
silverfox46 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 17, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
robrob71
Earning More Ears

The first time we went to MK with the kids (they were 4 & 2 at the time), we brought one stroller with us and had another from the rented villa. Essentially, yes, it was a bit of a faff with the two strollers at the car park ride and then the monorail, but it was doable. The following year, we didn't spend as much time at the parks so we just rented a double stroller each time. It was massively easier.

Saying all that, for a 2 week itinerary with 14 days access to the parks, renting might be expensive. In that scenario, I'd definitely be tempted to take a double stroller with me. It saves money obviously, and one stroller is less hassle than two when you're just trying to get to the park.
robrob71 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List