Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 13 May 19, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Well my daughters happilly gone into school this morning, the impression I got was she's at school now so nothing else she can do about it, was nowhere near as anxious as I thought she would be, think it's helped school yard was quiet as only year 6 kids are there at minute for Sat's breakfast club.
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 19, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Niclb
Being a bit Goofy

Dropped my DS off for his first GCSE exam which is Computer Science - not a great one to start with by hey ho. Asked how he was feeling - he said good that's always his reply! - and then he said he felt confident (I'm feeling sick!). Said to him just get the next few weeks out of the way and then we will be on our way to Florida. Our trip is the sweetner for him to see him through the exam period. Good luck to all of our children starting their GCSE's today and my commiserations go out to all the GCSE parents for the next 4-5 week period.
Old 13 May 19, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Helen J
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jagmate View Post
DS had his German speaking on Tuesday this week and starts his written papers next week with Biology on Tuesday, English Lit on Wednesday and Chemistry on Thursday. He's reasonably calm and has revised loads but he told us last night that he feels sick about the thought of the exams actually being here now. His Year 11 cohort finished early today to begin study leave and he chose to just walk home rather than going into town with his mates. He's chilling on the Xbox for now which is probably not a bad thing to do. I just hope his hard work pays off. He's desperate to stay on at Sixth Form as he's had his 'lifeplan' in place for years. Hope he gets past this first hurdle. I'm proud of him no matter how it goes but you want them to do well don't you. Good luck to all doing their GCSEs and A'Levels!
OMG - I could have just written that word for word, the only difference is my DS has a PS4 not xbox. He doesn't have an exam today but I know he is nervous, I got an extra long hug before he left this morning. But then he said he was more nervous about his beloved Tranmere winning their play off tonight.
He is also desperate to stay on in sixth form, even though the standard entry into his sixth form is 5, 5's, he needs a 6 in English and maths and 6's in the subjects he wants to do. The requirements depend on what you want to study at A level, if you want to do maths at A level, you need a 7.
It seems like lots of schools have stopped the study leave, my DS has to be in school full time until the end of his last exam, which is German on 17th June.
Good luck to everybody - parents as well as kids.
Old 13 May 19, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
kathrynmc
Imagineer

Mobile

My daughter was quite relaxed this morning.

She has RE this afternoon.

She starts study leave this Friday, but they have revision sessions on everyday, so she could go into school as normal if she wants to. I think she might stay for one or two but she feels she gets more done on her own
kathrynmc is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 19, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

Taking my son in at lunch for Judaism and Christianity papers, he is v nervous today xx
Old 13 May 19, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Jaspercat10 View Post
Taking my son in at lunch for Judaism and Christianity papers, he is v nervous today xx

Mine Dd is doing TP (RE) this afternoon too. We’ve been revising Buddhism and Christianity this morning together. She’s pretty chilled to be honest I think she did her stressing a few weeks ago. I’m happy she’s ok!😃

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 19, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
hilz22
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lorrie36 View Post
Hope your ds feels much better tomorrow.
Does he have anything that helps keep him calm?

Such a difficult time for our kids.
Wish all the kids luck over the next few weeks.
My dd starts the main bulk of hers on Tuesday.
It really is! I don’t remember this pressure or maybe i just didn’t care. Yes he as some rescue remedies. And lempsip flu tablets.

'Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do' -just saying
hilz22 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 19, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

Mobile

My DS has RE GCSE today (which he said went quite well). He has French reading & writing this week + combined science biology.
Good luck to all the kids this week! 🍀
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 19, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

We also had RE today, Bilogy tomorrow then English and chemistry this week. I'm a bag of nerves but my son is very chilled about it 😳

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 19, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Looks like a lot of the exams are on around the country at the same time? As Dd also has French and biology tomorrow and English Lit and Chemistry later in the week. Her TP(RE) exam today didn’t go as well as she’d hoped apparently? ☹️

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List