Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 1 Jul 19, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Flojo224
VIP Dibber

Flojo224's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Last 2 weeks in Oct Weather?

We are considering trying last 2 weeks in Oct next year now our DS will get 2weeks off school.

I’m a bit put off by the temperatures though so any advice from Dibbers who go this time of years would be great.

We normally go Easter holidays and last year we went last week May, first week June and loved the temperatures.

We like to spend time away from the parks messing around in the pool or at a water park.

Is it warm enough to do this late October?

Thanks

2000, 2002, 2003/4, 2011 - Villa
2005 - Disneyland Paris
2007 - Disneyland, California
2014 - Cumbrian Lakes Villa
2017 - Orlando Dream Villa, Lindfields
2018 - No Disney Parks trip
2020 - Let’s do all the parks again - the trip that never was 😔
2022 - Miami & The Parks
2024 - Bahama’s Mini Cruise, Universal & lots of Halloween
Flojo224 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 19, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Hi

We went last October half term for 8 nights, which for us was the last full week of October. It wasn't as hot as Easter obviously but it was warm enough for us to wear shorts and t shirts all the time still. We went to Volcano Bay for the day, and also used the pool at Cabana Bay and it was warm enough for that.

I wish my daughters got two weeks off in October as Id love to go back then.
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 19, 11:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Alwaysdisley
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We went last October (last week of the month) and it was beautiful, definitely hot enough for pool days and water parks. Was great. Obviously this was only one year so I know it may not always be like this.
Alwaysdisley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 19, 12:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Mobile

We went last Oct and it was far to hot for us.
Minnie18 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 19, 12:24 AM  
Link to this Post
kadiekaismummi
Very Serious Dibber

We have booked to go last week oct & 1st week nov next year! what I can remember when we went oct/nov about 10 years ago, it was lovely & hot, my husband came home with the deepest tan ever, we did have one cold morning ,only one though, my kids had loads of pool time & found the weather just perfect for us x
Old 2 Jul 19, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
jwkav10
Earning More Ears

We went in October in 2016.

For us it was High 20's/early 30's most days - really nice considering the humidity dropped considerably.

Also in the 2 weeks we were there in rained for a grand total of 4 minutes (We were at the outlets and just dived in a shop, came back out and completely dry!)

The one thing I would say - is that early mornings (7am) and later evenings the temperature did drop off a touch. Still shorts weather but you might want a light hoodie or something similar.

Would 100% go in October again if I had the choice.

jwkav10 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 19, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
PixieFairies
VIP Dibber

We have only ever gone during last week oct into first week nov & are doing the same again next year. Its our favourite time of year ( well the only one we know of there ) temps were 28 plus on most days, lots of sun, the odd few mins or rain here & there, back in 2005 we were caught up in Hurricane Wilma & it rained for about 2 days. We love October there.
PixieFairies is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 19, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
monique
Very Serious Dibber

So glad to hear all this. We have always gone late April, middle of May and early June. We have a ban on holiday at work from October half term as it is our busiest time, but like the OP our daughter now has two weeks off from school and we've always wanted to go for Halloween. I asked special permission for time off as a one off request and it was granted. Now don't get me wrong, we've had some horrendous weather before, not just the odd rain shower but quite a few full days of rain,
clouds and wind... enough to make you feel miserable... so I am hoping for not so much rain this time especially as it's the only October we ever get to do... Of course, it is the one thing that no-one has any control over... the weather... but it really does make for a much nicer experience when it cooperates. To me 28C sounds really warm still... We've literally melted before late April to the point where I thought it was too much.See, can't win really... when its too hot I complain and when it rained too much i also complained! LOL! Hopefully October will be just right.

Disneyland Paris :1995, 2007 and 2011.
Los Angeles Disneyland :1996 & 2001.
Florida: April 2002,May 2004,June 2009,May 2012, April 2013,April 2015,May 2016 & October 2019, May 2024
monique is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 19, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
smevs
Proud to wear my Ears

We have always been in October for exactly the same reason as you - 2 weeks school holidays, and the weather has always been warm and sunny. The odd shower is to be expected but we have never experienced any sustained rain during the day. First time we went we landed in the middle of a hurricane so it was a bit windy for a day or 2 but apart from that I think it is the perfect time to go.
Water parks are all ok. We did Aquatica on one of the 'cooler' days before and the lifeguards were all in fleeces and complaining about how cold it was but it was perfect temp for us ! Bonus was it was really quite too !
smevs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 19, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Excited about Disney

You will be fine in October, we have been twice and it is always very warm. We did water parks and in the pool a lot and it was lovely weather. One time we went very early to universal studios and it was a little bit chilly in shorts and T-shirt for an hour but that was it. I feel the cold a lot normally!
877 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List