Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 27 Sep 20, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We’ve not been yet but I am planning on going next April and have booked (with Free cancellation through Booking.com) the Club Quarters Hotel. It’s on the corner of 17th St NW and 1 St NW and around the corner from The White House.
Booking.com seem to have some very good rates on it at the mo. As it’s just my daughter and I, I wanted to be somewhere fairly central.

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 20, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
dismamx2
VIP Dibber

We stayed at Capital Hilton just a couple of blocks north of the White House, we enjoyed our stay. Easy walk to the Mall etc and 2 Metro lines on either side of the hotel to get you most places.

We used Uber from the airport.
dismamx2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 20, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Budmiester
Excited about Disney

Have a look at Arlington over the Potomac River, there's a couple of the better chain hotels such a Marriot and Hilton. The Metro runs right from the centre of Arlington into DC itself. Most importantly there's a Cheesecake Factory LOL. I found DC to be a very nice place to visit and after staying in NY a heck of a lot cheaper.
Budmiester is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 20, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Great thread thanks OP! We’re still weighing up options.

Edited at 05:25 PM.
tocpe321 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 20, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
We’ve not been yet but I am planning on going next April and have booked (with Free cancellation through Booking.com) the Club Quarters Hotel. It’s on the corner of 17th St NW and 1 St NW and around the corner from The White House.
Booking.com seem to have some very good rates on it at the mo. As it’s just my daughter and I, I wanted to be somewhere fairly central.
My son has got Genius rates on B.com so gives some extra discounts on their rates for certain hotels. Not sure how he got access, maybe because he’s used them a few times over the last year.

I’m also on H.com and they have some good rates if you sign in and/or give your email.
Old 30 Sep 20, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tapley View Post
We have twice stayed at the Hilton in OldTown Alexandria. An excellent hotel and right beside the King street Metro station. King Street Alexandria is great for the restaurants and bars in the evening.
That is always where we stay when there for or (or should I say did) its an ideal location near metro and you can get the boat into the centre too - something magical at being able to walk along the Potomac and also be just a cups of stops away form Crystal City (I had to stay there once for work as it was close to the office I was visiting but it was its an overnight stay (luckie) but never again - that area and Tysons corner I would definitely avoid at all costs - stayed there a few times and its soulless )
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 20, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

We stayed at The Willard Intercontinental, which was amazing and full of history. Basically next-door to the White House, too.

Possibly the best hotel I've ever stayed at, actually.
Old 2 Oct 20, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Glee Fan
Imagineer

Mobile

We stayed in an Airbnb in Alexandria. Would definitely recommend it.
Glee Fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 20, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Lola
Imagineer

Lola's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We stayed at the Hilton Dupont circle in an executive room through Hilton Honours. We had free breakfast and snacks and drinks as part of this. There are shuttle buses to the major hotels just outside the airport and we didn’t need to book this in advance just paid as we got on. The hotel is on the bus tour route as a stop so very handy. The bus tour two day ticket including night Tour was great for getting around and we used the underground for some outings. Hotels are a lot cheaper in Washington At the weekend
Lola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 20, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
sparklegirl
VIP Dibber

We have been a few times, stayed at The State Plaza the late time which was great, also stayed at Fairfax at Embassy Row Hotel which was lovely too. This time we are staying at Palomar by Kimpton on DuPont Circle. DC aid lovely and compact with a brilliant metro system. I would recommend the Hilton at Alexandria mind you. It’s location is fabulous and Alexandria is fantastic with loads of restaurants and bars for evening,

stateplaza/
fairfaxwashingtondc/
ihg/kimptonhotels/ho...pa/hoteldetail
sparklegirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List