Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 1 Dec 20, 12:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

So that makes it ok ?
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 20, 12:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
Its quite common for boys and girls to scrap/fight outside of schools. Living opposite a high school for 30 years, there used to be some sort of incident every other week.
Just to clarify this was not a scrap he was attacked
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 20, 12:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Floridaagogo View Post
So that makes it ok ?
No. But don’t expect it to change. Schools don’t want to know ( we used to report incidents to the head teacher) and the police have zero resource
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 20, 12:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

It won’t change if we accept it ?
Old 1 Dec 20, 01:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
No. But don’t expect it to change. Schools don’t want to know ( we used to report incidents to the head teacher) and the police have zero resource
I’m not sure which area you’re in. But this isn’t the same for everywhere. I also live opposite a secondary school and this is not the experience we have.
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 20, 03:28 AM  
Link to this Post
wikkle jan
Imagineer

wikkle jan's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I think what some people (no name needed) forget to remember that yes he was lucky (or unlucky) that he got a split lip BUT that was because someone pulled the other lad off him ! We will never know what might have happended to him if it had carried on..

I hope your son will be ok at school tomorrow...
wikkle jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 20, 03:46 AM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

I agree this matter should be reported to the Police. If only to make a formal record of the incident and make the person aware that the matter is serious and may result in a harsher penalty if repeated.

Hope your son gets better soon, OP.
Old 1 Dec 20, 03:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

I have instructed countless children in martial arts who have been attacked or bullied, if you want to prevent this from happening in the future I strongly advise you to get him into a martial arts class. Doing this is 99% for the mental aspect not the physical, I have seen children in as little as 6 weeks change they way in which they walk from “cautious victim” to “confident control” , slouched to upright.

I would forget any of the Japanese arts as the time it takes to get to a confident position takes to long but look at Korean ideals Choi Kwon Do if you are lucky enough to have a class near by, this is non contact very small amount of Kata (forms) but he will be hitting bags and pads from day 1. If you can’t find a a CKD class look at Taekwondo very similar but a contact sport.

Going to the police or the school may retrospectively punish this issue but it will not prevent it in the future, if you want to prevent that you need to do something else. Bullies pick on people that they see as weak and can not challenge them they see this from physical characteristics and demure you need to change this to prevent it in the future. Training in martial arts will not change a child’s personality it will not stop a kind caring child from being that but it will give confidence and the bullies will move on to someone else.

I am not sure whether reporting to the police is a good think or a bad thing, I am not judging you but he outcome for your son, 12 maybe young enough that if the police speak to them it scares them or it may just give them a badge of honour. I think it also depends on where you live and the family involved, I mean if you live in a small village and the kids involved come from a decent family the it could be positive for you, if you live inner city and the kids are from a scumbag family then perhaps not.

I would also think long and hard about how you go to school with your son, whilst I am pretty sure you won’t kiss and hug him at the school gate other kids seeing you accompany him will show weakness and this is not what you or he wants to make sure this does not happen again.

I had a few instances at junior school started boxing and then TKD sure I got in a few scraps later on and did not win all of the, but was never bullied.

Just to be clear prevention we all agree is better than cure and report something afterwards may prevent something from this boy is not a prevention method get him into a martial arts class as soon as they reopen if you want advice when you have seen what is local to you PM me, your son will be learning something that will be incredibly value to him for life.

There is a very good book called “Dead or Alive” by Geoff Thompson this is too old for your son but if you read it you can pull out some of it that may help.

Give a man to fish feed him for a day, teach a man to fish feed him for life !

Edited at 03:53 AM.
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 20, 03:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tocpe321 View Post
I agree this matter should be reported to the Police. If only to make a formal record of the incident and make the person aware that the matter is serious and may result in a harsher penalty if repeated.

Hope your son gets better soon, OP.
Just out of interest what punishment fo you expect the police to hand out and what harsher penalty do you think they will dish out later on ?

I am not saying it’s right or wrong to go to the police but I would not expect much from them.
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 20, 07:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Nostradamus
Excited about Disney

This isn't common assault but gbh.Those offenders sound as though they intended to harm this young lad.

They definately need a visit from the Police.
Nostradamus is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List