Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 2 Jun 20, 06:00 AM  
Link to this Post
tim17
slightly serious Dibber

Looking like July for re-opening -

lavoixdunord/759904/a...pas-disneyland
tim17 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 06:13 AM  
Link to this Post
thesorcerer
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by tim17 View Post

But will they accept Brits?

Sunridge Woods, Davenport. 2010
Disney Wilderness Lodge Christmas 2014
Vista Cay Apartments 2014
Sunridge Woods... again. 2017
Singapore 2019 (Universal, Whoop, Whoop)
Disneyland Hotel DLP (CANCELLED)
"Ooo-oooo! Big summer celebratory blowout" 2022
thesorcerer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 06:37 AM  
Link to this Post
tim17
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by thesorcerer View Post
But will they accept Brits?
I don't see why not. Travel restrictions should be lifted in a couple of weeks, I think it depends on the official FCO advice and whether France imposes a 14 quarantine on Brits in retaliation.
tim17 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 07:10 AM  
Link to this Post
thesorcerer
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I don't see why not. Travel restrictions should be lifted in a couple of weeks, I think it depends on the official FCO advice and whether France imposes a 14 quarantine on Brits in retaliation.
I do hope so. I read this morning that the UKs 14 day quarantine rule is being reviewed. Fingers crossed.

Sunridge Woods, Davenport. 2010
Disney Wilderness Lodge Christmas 2014
Vista Cay Apartments 2014
Sunridge Woods... again. 2017
Singapore 2019 (Universal, Whoop, Whoop)
Disneyland Hotel DLP (CANCELLED)
"Ooo-oooo! Big summer celebratory blowout" 2022
thesorcerer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Veniza
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

The French have indicated the intention to start a policy of a voluntary 14 day quarantine for arrivals from the uk once the uk implements one one France. They have similar with Spain, who impose it (or did, have not checked if it has ceased) in arrivals by air.

In terms of opening the hotels and partner hotels are taking bookings from July 15th. While they may push that out, at this stage a mid July opening looks likely.

If they take a similar approach as planned in the US, there maybe some annual pass member preview days in advance.

Though I'm concerned about travel insurance. If there is still a FOC warning against travel I'm not sure my insurance covers me to travel (if I need to use the medical insurance etc I may not be covered as I travelled when instructed not to?)
Veniza is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
tim17
slightly serious Dibber

Emergency health cover shouldn't be an issue with an EHIC card.
Old 2 Jun 20, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Veniza
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Emergency health cover shouldn't be an issue with an EHIC card.
Yeah, I'm happy enough with that element of it, (not 100% sure what that covers you for in France), but if things get really bad and there's repatriation/ funeral service costs etc I'd like insurance in place for it.

I'll check with my insurer if I'm still covered to travel. I can get ferry via Dublin so I maybe okay for quarantine at each end 😁
Veniza is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 12:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Djtrax
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Originally Posted by enjibenji View Post
We are due to go 31st august, it was originally 1st april so 🤞, got an eager 4 year old great niece with her minnie mouse case packed x ❤
We were due to go on the 1st April too, rebooked via message to 14th July. I requested cancellation and voucher a few weeks ago, as whilst I thought it would be open, the experience just won’t be there with restrictions, so was thinking of moving to next Easter instead.

Our booking is still showing as open though, with the extra balance still due, which has always been something like £1600+ to change to July, instead of £170 extra if rebooking from scratch. Never got an answer to that, despite messages before we finally requested a voucher.
Djtrax is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post

For those that cannot read French, what does it say. (I mean briefly, not looking for a full translation. )
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post

Parc Astérix, located in Oise, is preparing to reopen: “ Exceptional sanitary procedures will be implemented in attractions, hotels, restaurants and shops in accordance with the recommendations of the authorities following the transition to the Hauts- de-France, "said the amusement park in a statement on Saturday.

By presenting phase 2 of the deconfinement last Thursday , the Prime Minister had given the green light for a reopening of amusement parks and large tourist structures, within the limit of a gauge of 5000 people and in compliance with specific health rules. Initially for sites in the green zone and from June 22 for sites in the orange zone.

As for Bellewaerde or Bagatelle , for those closest to us, the Asterix park will only be accessible by reservation . The ticket office reopens on June 3 , both for reservations and for exchanges, for those in possession of tickets dated from the confinement period.

No enclosed shows
Inside the park, traffic directions and markings on the ground will make it possible to apply the rules of physical distance. Wearing a mask will be compulsory in attractions. Visitors will enjoy 38 attractions, some thrilling and two open air shows. On the other hand, shows in an enclosed environment are eliminated, specifies Le Courrier Picard , as well as parades and street entertainment, so as not to create groupings. Wearing a mask will be compulsory in attractions and shows, recommended in the aisles.

The other large parks
Futuroscope in Poitiers will open on June 13, first weekends and then daily from June 27. Puy du Fou had already received the green light from the government for a reopening on June 11. The Spirou Park in Provence announces a reopening for June 20, 2020. The Mer de sable will be ready for June 27. Vulcania, in Auvergne, will open on July 1. And in Alsace, the Parc du Petit Prince will once again welcome the public from July 4.

Disneyland Paris remains closed “ until further notice ”. The largest park in France (and in Europe) normally receives 30,000 people a day. In the orange zone, Disneyland will have to wait at best for the end of June, but it will probably be more for mid-July .
If it helps for the future, if you open in google chrome, it will auto translate for you
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List