Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 17 Nov 20, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Beef Bourgeoning is my favourite SC recipe
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 20, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

I usually prep several slow cooker dinners and freeze them in the slow cooker liners then it’s a case of out the freezer night before and just put it on in the morning
I do curry chilli stew chicken sew etc even lasagne and baked potatoes in mine
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 20, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Weddingnyc
Apprentice Imagineer

Pulled pork - big joint of pork and then chuck loads of stuff in - vinegar, brown sugar, brown sauce, an oxo, ketchup, bbq sauce. Ive never measured anything, leave it all day, tear it apart and put it back in for an hour - delicious! A joint of around £7 does 5 of us 4 meals, with some going in the freezer for later.
NY and Boston July 2020
Weddingnyc is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 20, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Anne
VIP Dibber

Slow cooker liners are fantastic. Best thing ever! Only meat I brown is mince so I can drain off all the excess fat.
Anne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 20, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Anne the only meat brown is mince for the same reason
I’ve just taken prepped venison sausages with shallots red wine and juniper berries
for tomorrow
I’ve got a triple slow cooker so I’ll put baked potatoes in one pot the sausages in another and root veg in the other that I’ll mash to go with it
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 20, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Anne
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
Anne the only meat brown is mince for the same reason
I’ve just taken prepped venison sausages with shallots red wine and juniper berries
for tomorrow
I’ve got a triple slow cooker so I’ll put baked potatoes in one pot the sausages in another and root veg in the other that I’ll mash to go with it
Helen, my mouth is watering. That sounds delicious I've not tried potatoes in a slow cooker. Must give it a go.
Anne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 20, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I have never hear of liners. How do you use these ?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 20, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

I crush tin foil on the bottom and then wash and dry/the potatoes you can but I don’t rub them with salt and place on top
Prick them with a fork just a couple of times or the skin isn’t as crisp and 8 hours on high the flesh will be slightly browner than those done in the oven but really soft
It’s one of our favorite winter meals just sometimes have to thicken the red wine gravy
With a little cornflour but we like thicker gravy
If it’s not thick enough I add it about an hour before we want to eat or just add the gravy to the corn flour in a pot and cook for a few minutes then put back I usually
Serve it all family style in the slow cooker inserts
I use the liners for the root veg mash too
Old 17 Nov 20, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Very much like a roasting bag and make clean up easy
If using them like i do for freeze and prep make sure they are suitable for that
b&M Home Bargins Aldi all sell them but I buy most of mine in Dollar tree just as good and 10 for a $
Old 18 Nov 20, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
I crush tin foil on the bottom and then wash and dry/the potatoes you can but I don’t rub them with salt and place on top
Prick them with a fork just a couple of times or the skin isn’t as crisp and 8 hours on high the flesh will be slightly browner than those done in the oven but really soft
It’s one of our favorite winter meals just sometimes have to thicken the red wine gravy
With a little cornflour but we like thicker gravy
If it’s not thick enough I add it about an hour before we want to eat or just add the gravy to the corn flour in a pot and cook for a few minutes then put back I usually
Serve it all family style in the slow cooker inserts
I use the liners for the root veg mash too
Think its all round to your place for dinner once the lockdown is over