Notices

Old 21 May 15, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post

big family outing 2015

not really a proper pre-trip report as such because we go next week this is more of a summary of our experiences.

first of all i will say that i will break this up in to a series of posts as not to make it too long winded.

this all began last may i was lucky enough to find a new job with a significant wage rise (i say this as we are currently saving up to get married and with out the wage increase this trip would be impossible) so we started to look at coming back this year.

the OH found a great deal for us and the kids (aged 7 & 4) but then a week later found out that she was pregnant so the baby would be 6 mths old when we get to go. we decided to go ahead with it and because the deal was so good we asked how much to add OH's parents which came in at an extra £1500, so that was that and we booked it.

so let me introduce the tribe as it stood at that time.

Mummy and Daddy

Harrison & Lennon

Nan & Grandad

but there was more to come from this my parents started making noises about wanting to come so we enquired about a price for them and it cam e back as the same as OH's parents price so we decided to book it for them and because we was feeling a bit generous we told both sets of grand parents that we would cover the cost of the flights and hotel all they had to take care of was the spends and park tickets.

Nan & Grandad 2

like i said i will split this up
in to various posts but you wont have to wait long for the next one as we go next week and it will have to be done before that so hope you enjoy this and will post asap with the next edition.

Edited at 01:01 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 15, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post

so it basically went uneventful from then to just a couple of months ago where quite a bit of drama began to unfold. the first issue was when the OH went to do the API's for both parties when she noticed the hotel address for the original booking was different to the address on my parents booking.

it turned out then when the OH went in to book the the holiday originally she told the agent she wanted to stay in the rosen inn international as this is where we stayed on our last and only trip and found it clean, comfortable and well placed. so there was no brochure shown or anything like that and according to my OH the agent knew the hotel as she had stayed there before so nothing was thought of it.

now it must be said that it did say on the booking confirmation form we got earlier this year that it was the rosen inn closest to universals which in our defence we actually understood the international to be the one closest as pointe orlando is closer to disney and these are the only 2 hotels we were aware of being part of the rosen inn chain.

however on my parents booking which was made after this one was for the hotel we actually requested. when we went in which was only 3 weeks before we flew out we went to the TA (TC in kirkby merseyside) to see why this had occured but obviously it was all our fault because it did say on the booking form didnt it (never mind us not knowing there were 3) but to be fair we did accept some of the blame for that but it doesn't detract from the fact we asked for one hotel and got another yet the second booking (which by the way we said put them in the same hotel as us and no mention of the name of the hotel when booking) was in the correct hotel.

any way a compromise was made they located somewhere that had a room free in the rosen inn closest to universal but it would cost a grand as the other booking could not be cancelled or altered through their flexitrips company. they agreed to pay £750 and we had to pay £250 begrudgingly we did it mainly just to make sure we were all together.

so with that drama dealt with and a lesson made to double check everything on a booking form and dont take for granted that just cos you have asked for something you are not going to get something different all thoughts were on our holiday and getting the money changed to dollars. but trust me there was more to come from TC and its branch in kirkby.

Edited at 11:50 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List