Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 31 Mar 16, 01:03 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Off to the West Coast again.. Day 14 Racing, Shopping

I was still coughing quite badly at night so I'm surprised one of the others hadn't smothered me by now

My throat was better but my voice still not right .

Up at 7.30am and got ready to go racing. Hotel did a free hot breakfast which was ok nothing special though.

We left about 8.30am and it was already very hot.. this is why I love Phoenix so much I adore being hot.
Arrived at the track and parked pretty close I had just to navigate about 40 steps which I did without dying from lack of breathe...

Fetched our tickets and went through the gates not so strict here so you can take in what drinks you like.. Had a good wander around the trade stands and got some freebies and then made our way to our seats.
Our seats for this race are right at the top of the stands in row 43. I made it very clear once up there I wasn't moving so if anyone wanted anything to get it now.

I'd like to say I sprinted up the stand but actually it nearly killed me.. a cough and 90 degree heat very nearly finished me off.

In the stands I made sure the kids had lots of suncream on... forgetting Connors knees and my neck.. Not only did I have a sunburnt chest I also had a wonky V where my necklace had been

Race was ok and over by 3pm so we went back to the hotel showered and changed and went back to the car.. Our new driver friends were out there so we had a quick word and I told them I'd see them in the garage area tomorrow although one was leaving early morning for California.

Next up was Chick Fil A ... It was too hot too eat much so this did us perfectly.

Still quite early so we had a drive over to the Cardinals Stadium and the nearby Tanger outlets. TBH much like the Vegas outlets we found very little to interest us , I did buy Chloe a Calvin Klein top but that was it.

We then went to the nearby Walmart.. This is the only one I've been in that says no photography or video..Think people of Walmart and you'll find them right here.. Some very strange people.. ..

Didn't get much just a few bits and pieces and drove back to the hotel ... got the stuff ready for tomorrow and went to bed.. I was so excited for the next day

steps 11616
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 16, 01:07 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 16, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Lovely day again, i can only imagine how hot it is sitting in the blaring sun for the whole race.

Glad your throat is feeling better.

I've never had a Chick Fil A, heard good things though!
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 16, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Thank you, Nicer than a KFC, I don't drink them but I'm told the milkshakes are the best.
Old 28 Apr 16, 06:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Enchanted
Imagineer

Mobile

Another fab day! I've never had a Chick Fil A either but do love a US KFC!
Hot weather sounds fab
It's really lovely you've all got a shared interest in something, it's made for some great family holidays!
Enchanted is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 17, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
jocat
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 67
I'm always missing bits with the sun cream too, and end up looking like a patchwork quilt, but with red and white finger marks on my skin instead of squares!
jocat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 17, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

Some cracking photos there. Without a cough and having been ill I would have struggled with the steps and heat so well done for getting to the top.