Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 27 Feb 17, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
wombat girl
Imagineer

Thomas cook 'entertainment'.

I am traveling for the first time with Thomas Cook- can anyone tell me what sort of films etc you get for free, and what improvement does the £4 extra charge make ?

I am not impressed that I might have to pay for entertainment.
If the difference is not much then I might load up my Ipad and use that instead. Any help would be appreciated.
wombat girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 17, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

The main difference for me was with the upgrade you get *much* more choice.

Also if I remember correctly those who don't upgrade have to watch films on a loop, so if the movie you want to watch is already half way through then you must watch from that point. You can't start from the beginning.

I think the £4 upgrade was a good deal.

MissFortune is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 17, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
TEL N KEL
Imagineer

It used to be 4 movies each way in economy you also have to pay for head phones
If you are travelling with us on our long-haul A330 aircraft Premium you will receive complimentary access to the full entertainment Library of 30 movies, and over 50 hit TV shows.

On long-haul flights with our Airbus A330 fleet, a personal monitor is available to you in all classes, which you can use to personalize your entertainment program. Our Premium Entertainment program includes more than 30 movies and 50 TV-series as well as an interesting and varied range of music, comprising 24 radio channels and hundreds of audio CDs of all genres.

Comprehensive Premium entertainment is available at no extra charge to Premium Class passengers. Economy Class passengers will be able to watch a limited selection of content for free. To upgrade to the full library you can purchase an access code on board for only £5.00.
Old 27 Feb 17, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
There was only one or two without the upgrade but funny enough one on the "upgrade" we had seen 6 months earlier on BA flight lol. It's worth it suppose at 50p an hr to upgrade.
Old 27 Feb 17, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

The info is available on the Thomascookairlines website

thomascookairlines/e...ertainment.jsp
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 17, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazascouser
Apprentice Imagineer

Mazascouser's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
£4 or £5 not a bad price to get grade. To go the movies now in Liverpool it's between £7 to £10 per person. Plus just think how much you saved by going with Thomas Cook. So a few £ is not a great drop in the ocean.
Mazascouser is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 17, 01:45 AM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

In premium are the films looping or do they start on demand ?
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 17, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
dave
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dx4100 View Post
In premium are the films looping or do they start on demand ?
They are On demand.

IMHO even after paying the £4 we found the choice of films still poor but slightly better than not upgrading.
Sunset lakes 01, Weston Hills 03,Indian Ridge 04, Davenport 04, Westridge 06 & 07, Florida Pines 08, Lake Berkley 09, Windsor Hills 10, Emerald Island 12, Westridge 13, Legacy Park 15, Eagle Pointe 16, Loma Linda & Windsor Hills 17, Westridge 18, Bella Vida 19
FLORIDA MASTERS WORST TRAVEL AGENT 2015
HOLIDAY GENIE / TRAVELUP WORST TRAVEL AGENT 2016
dave is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 17, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
beautybutterfly
Imagineer

beautybutterfly's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
We've never had looped films on TC not even on the non premium films.

I personally don't mind the £4 to upgrade especially if the price of the flight was the cheapest around. In the grand scheme of what I spend on a Florida holiday, £4 is pretty much small change. And I don't drink alcohol on a plane so what I save on that is spent on the films.

You only get a choice of 2 or 3 films if you don't upgrade but you get loads when you do so for me it's well worth it rather than being bored on a flight.

Although if you really don't like the idea of paying the £4 you could download some onto your iPad but I'd guess that it'd be more expensive to do that. Unless you've never used a Netflix free trial in which case sign up to that and download some for free
Westridge North May 2014 | DLP The Kyriad March 2015 | Southern Dunes May 2015 | New York and Toronto October 2015 | Highlands Reserve DIBB villa May 2016 | LA & Vegas October 2016 | New York December 2016 | The Keys & Orlando Lake Berkley Dibb Villa April 2017 | Las Vegas MGM Grand May 2018 | Wyndham Resort iDrive April 2022 | Rosen Inn LBV Aug 2022
beautybutterfly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 17, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
wombat girl
Imagineer

I think I am taking my 3ds - games to play , ipad with a couple of movies or tv series downloaded from Amazon Prime (foc) and maybe my switch console.

So I am hoping this may last for the flight out, and I try to sleep on the way back.
wombat girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List