Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 15 Mar 17, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Welly
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile Staying in Disney Property

When you stay on site do you get a guide explaining how the transport between parks and resorts works? Times etc?

Thanks

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain
Welly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 17, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
2littleboys
Imagineer

2littleboys's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
No I don't believe you do, its certainly not something I ever saw. Its just a matter of finding the bus stop when you get to your resort and the buses run so regularly you find you never need to wait long and some resorts have boards that tell you when the bus is due.

You wont be able to get a bus from Resort to Resort you would need to get a bus to a park and then change to the resort bus though.

I found this website really helpful for my first onsite stay:

ourlaughingplace/aspx...x#.WMkiv09XWM8
Old 15 Mar 17, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Shani
Imagineer

There's no written guide, as such. In the bus stops there are screens displaying the approximate time of the next buses to each park.

There are no set times, they are continuous throughout each day. There will be 5 different buses - 1 for each park and 1 for Disney Springs. To get to the water parks you need to either take the bus to Disney Springs and transfer to a bus to Typhoon Lagoon there, or take the bus to AK and transfer to a Blizzard Beach bus there.

Some of the bigger resorts may have an internal bus too.
Shani is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 17, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Welly
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

That's great, thank you. We normally stay in a villa but are taking advantage of works being done at CBR and have taken the on site plunge! Looking forward to a car free stay.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain
Welly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 17, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Pookie3101
Imagineer

Pookie3101's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile

one other thing is that if you wanted to go to another resort you need to go to a park and take another bus (or boat, depending on the resort) from there. There are also the Friendship Boats that go between Epcot and Hollywood Studios that stop at Yacht & Beach, Boardwalk and Swan &Dolphin on the way.

DLP NBC - 2008, DLP SL- 2009, DLP SL, 2010.
AKL - 2014, POR - 2016
Pookie3101 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 17, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
sallybunny
Excited about Disney

Have a look at wdwprepschool. This has a map of all the busses, monorail and boats. It also has a step by step guide of the best way of getting between all the resorts and parks.
sallybunny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 17, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

The Our Laughing Place website is great and has a good app too. We used it
all the time on our first visit. Doesn't need data if you don't use GPS.

Just put in your start and finish points and it gives you various options with rough timings.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 17, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Welly
Apprentice Imagineer

The website is brill, thank you for the tip

Old 12 Apr 17, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Christine_mufc
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by 2littleboys View Post
No I don't believe you do, its certainly not something I ever saw. Its just a matter of finding the bus stop when you get to your resort and the buses run so regularly you find you never need to wait long and some resorts have boards that tell you when the bus is due.

You wont be able to get a bus from Resort to Resort you would need to get a bus to a park and then change to the resort bus though.

I found this website really helpful for my first onsite stay:

ourlaughingplace/aspx...x#.WMkiv09XWM8

Originally Posted by sallybunny View Post
Have a look at wdwprepschool. This has a map of all the busses, monorail and boats. It also has a step by step guide of the best way of getting between all the resorts and parks.
Thanks for both these links! i just assumed we would get this information when we checked into the hotel!

My niece Summer meeting her favorite Princess at Epcot Dec 2015!
Christine_mufc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List