Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 21 Mar 17, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
FairyMagic
Excited about Disney

Disney - Japan

Hi all!

We are thinking of going to Japan next year and would like to stay at the Disneyland hotel in Japan, for 3 nights, I had a look at the Disney web and it looks like it gets booked quite quickly and it only shows a few months ahead.

have any dibbers here stayed at the Disney hotels in Japan and how did you book them? did you use the Disney web?

Thanks.
FairyMagic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 17, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post

We booked via DVC so I can't advise about cash bookings. We stayed at Disney's Ambassador which is located half way between the two parks. The Hotel Mira Costa was totally booked out.
You might like to read our trip report:

http://DIBB.in/8969983

Busy Seasons -- Japanese have a passion for travel, and they generally travel at the same time, resulting in jampacked trains and hotels. The worst times to travel are around New Year's, from the end of December to January 4; Golden Week, from April 29 to May 5; and during the Obon Festival, about a week in mid-August. Avoid traveling on these dates at all costs, since all long-distance trains, domestic airlines, and most accommodations are booked solid and prices are higher. The weekends before and after these holidays are also likely to be crowded or booked. Exceptions are major cities like Tokyo or Osaka -- since the major exodus is back to hometowns or the countryside, metropolises can be downright blissful during major holidays such as Golden Week, especially since most restaurants and municipal and national museums do not close.

Edited at 09:17 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 17, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Hannikins
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 6
Guidebook Photos: 135
we looked at them on a previous trip and you could book them via expedia which I wasn't expecting!

Nov 16-Shanghai & Japan - In Progress
Nov 15-Hong Kong & Singapore - Coming Soon!
June 15-Rome & Florence
Dec 14-WDW | 13-WDW | 12-DLP | 12-NY&DC | 11-West Coast | 10-DLP | 09-WDW
Hannikins is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 17, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
FairyMagic
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by geoffa View Post
We booked via DVC so I can't advise about cash bookings. We stayed at Disney's Ambassador which is located half way between the two parks. The Hotel Mira Costa was totally booked out.
You might like to read our trip report:

http://DIBB.in/8969983

Busy Seasons -- Japanese have a passion for travel, and they generally travel at the same time, resulting in jampacked trains and hotels. The worst times to travel are around New Year's, from the end of December to January 4; Golden Week, from April 29 to May 5; and during the Obon Festival, about a week in mid-August. Avoid traveling on these dates at all costs, since all long-distance trains, domestic airlines, and most accommodations are booked solid and prices are higher. The weekends before and after these holidays are also likely to be crowded or booked. Exceptions are major cities like Tokyo or Osaka -- since the major exodus is back to hometowns or the countryside, metropolises can be downright blissful during major holidays such as Golden Week, especially since most restaurants and municipal and national museums do not close.
Thank you for all the info, I really enjoy reading your trip reports, I am really looking forward to visiting Disney Sea, I had a look at the Disney Japan Web and it looks like you can book them about 5 months ahead although it looks like the hotels get book up quite quickly, I will check closer to the time next year.
FairyMagic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 17, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
FairyMagic
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Hannikins View Post
we looked at them on a previous trip and you could book them via expedia which I wasn't expecting!
Hi, I know, they get booked quite quickly, I will keep an eye closer to the time, I am reading your trip report at the moment and really enjoying it, thank you for all the info.