Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 13 Mar 17, 11:16 PM  
Link to this Post
charly77
Very Serious Dibber

The Grand Tour...Day 8 We arrive in LA!

We had a good lay in today, it was obviously needed!

We had breakfast at the hotel which was awful, so artificial, the worst one of our whole holiday. We checked out quickly then headed to Solvang, a little Danish city in Santa Barbara County.

It was beautiful here, really wished we had more time to explore as I feel we missed out here.

We bought some pastries from Mortensens Bakery and had a lovely conversation about soccer with the guy who worked there. It’s funny how Americans think if you’re English you must support Chelsea or Manchester United…anyhow we support neither so all was good. We chatted about rugby too as DS plays union and league, I do find Americans so accommodating and love chatting to them.

Today was a good day, the sun was shining and it was warm, the first time all holiday so far. We thought we would take advantage and head to the beach…Santa Monica, here we come!

Parking was easy peasy, and free! Result. As we were peckish and thirsty we grabbed a burger from MacDonald’s (I know, ultimate sin) before hitting the beach. It was quite busy walking towards the beach but in a vibrant way and it gave us all a spring in our step!

We wandered along the beach, it was so hot, not that I’m moaning of course. We people watched for a bit and wandered under the Boardwalk where we found a place to rest and eat our sweaty pastries!

There were very good and everyone was impressed.

When we got too hot we headed back to the car as we had an appointment booked at Warner Bros Studio! So excited! ;-)

WoW! What an amazing tour, so pleased we booked it. Our tour guide was fab and listened to what everyone in our group wanted out of it.
DD is a massive Pretty Little Liars and Friends fan and she got to see everything she hoped to see.

We got to stand in Ellen’s studio, no photos allowed though unfortunately.

We also saw some of the set and artefacts from The Walking Dead and Dexter which pleased DH immensely.

Suicide Squad was massive over here as it had just been released so there were lots of costumes to view.

There was something for everyone, it was really well done and money well spent as we all got something out of it. And to top it off we all got to sit on the Friends sofa and have photos taken!

From here we headed to Westfield to grab dinner but also look for a new ring for me. We ate at Panda Express, so good, a big hit with everyone! I looked for a ring but nothing took my fancy or was completely out of my price range, typically!

We went to our hotel and checked in easily, had a quick swim before heading to bed. Recharging our batteries ready for Universal tomorrow…

Steps today; 7246

Floors climbed; 28

*Tip of the day… Make a music playlist for the long car journeys, makes it so much fun!*

Edited at 11:18 PM.
charly77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 17, 05:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Another fabulous day! You packed a lot in!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 17, 06:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Wishing
slightly serious Dibber

Wow you got a lot done in a day!
Disney Wishing is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 17, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Another incredible day, you are doing things so similar to us, we even grabbed a McDonalds in SM and ate it on the beach

WB tour is fabulous isn't it? I would like to see the Suicide Squad outfits, I thought it was a great film.
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 17, 12:25 AM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Another great day. Beach looks really nice.
Old 22 Mar 17, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

A brilliant day. I love the sound of the Warner Brothers Studio tour and it is definitely on our to do list for September.
Old 14 Apr 17, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

What a great day - so much variety
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 17, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
k4ti3-x
Apprentice Imagineer

k4ti3-x's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Another brilliant day. The Warner Bro's tour was amazing eh? I was also a huge PLL fan so glad to see the square our closed set was for the Mentalist which we didn't watch but Ellen would have been fab to see!
k4ti3-x is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 17, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
hross42877
Imagineer

Mobile

Another fab day!

Holiday Inn I-Drive (Honeymoon!) Oct2003 /Quality Inn Plaza Feb 2005
Sheraton Studio City International Drive Oct 2010/2012/2013
Animal Kingdom Kidani Village Oct 2014/2016/2018/2023
Atlantis Palm Dubai? 2024
hross42877 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List