Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 4 Mar 17, 07:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Yordaman
Excited about Disney

Sounds like I have an answer. That's another story indicating that an Avis Preferred customer travelling on a Virgin flight should go to Garage B.
And even if that's wrong, you'll still get a car, but just without your name being seen on the screen.
Thanks for all the comments and advice.
Yordaman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 17, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
danc99
Having Dinner with Goofy

I'll try garage B on Wed when we go and update this post. I have to go to the kiosk to pick up a car seat anyway but fingers crossed I'm on the board!
danc99 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 17, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
MCO shows this:-
Airside:
1 (Gates: 1-29)
Security Checkpoint: West

This is the terminal map:-

orlandoairports/getting-around-mco/
We aren't worried about which side to go to get the flight.
More it's that our Aer Lingus flights have a BA flight number (original had BA flights from BA Holidays flydrive) and how that will affect which side to go to pick up our Avis hire car.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 17, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by bighal View Post
We aren't worried about which side to go to get the flight.
More it's that our Aer Lingus flights have a BA flight number (original had BA flights from BA Holidays flydrive) and how that will affect which side to go to pick up our Avis hire car.
Due to the fact you enter your flight number with Avis I would say the A side as that would be logical due to the proximity. But it is strange Avis don't make it clearer. Best of luck.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 17, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Alibayparc
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by danc99 View Post
I'll try garage B on Wed when we go and update this post. I have to go to the kiosk to pick up a car seat anyway but fingers crossed I'm on the board!
Hi danc99
That would be brilliant.
Alex
Alibayparc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 17, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
danc99
Having Dinner with Goofy

So I received my response from avis.

With reference to your email, BA flights arrive into the B side, this is where your car will be allocated.

So since I'm flying virgin that fills me with confidence (not)! But matches the other posts saying side B so will definitely try there and moan at them if it's wrong.
danc99 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 17, 03:57 AM  
Link to this Post
danc99
Having Dinner with Goofy

Mobile

I cheated. Was like mr_nibbs, had done 2nd bag drop so was already at A side and just couldn't face walking all the way back to B. No name film the board so should have gone to B but they sorted me fine. Apart from the lady who took an age to print out the form and remove the prepay charge for the car. But got a Lincoln Navigator with working Sat nav so no complaints in the end.
DW calls it 'the beast'!