Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 5 Mar 17, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
razorsharp192
Proud to wear my Ears

Universal - 14 day ticket or annual pass?

Hi all,

We go to Florida in June, looking at Universal tickets, don't really need more than 4 days worth, but the 14 day tickets seem to be good value for money.

I've also looked at the annual passes. My question is, am I better off buying an annual pass given that parking will be free and the other discounts? Have other people found this to be the cheaper option in the long run?

Edited at 04:17 PM.
razorsharp192 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 17, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
fredflintstone
Imagineer

fredflintstone's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by razorsharp192 View Post
Hi all,

We go to Floriday in June, looking at Universal tickets, don't really need more than 4 days worth, but the 14 day tickets seem to be good value for money.

I've also looked at the annual passes. My question is, am I better off buying an annual pass given that parking will be free and the other discounts? Have other people found this to be the cheaper option in the long run?
So 4 days parking is $80. You get 10% off merchandise and some food outlets, so depends how much you use it to see if you will gain.
If you go next year you might benefit by getting 2 trips in, but I notice the renewals are discounted, so if a regular tripper might be of use (I got almost 50% off the renewal).

The pass with the free parking would also give you early access to Harry Potter , like when you stay in one of their hotels, which might be of value to you (No valid on all Sats in June).

Edited at 04:18 PM. Reason: early access to HP
fredflintstone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 17, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
razorsharp192
Proud to wear my Ears

think i've answered my own question here. Cheapest 1 day tickets i've found are £217 each, and the annual pass (preferred) is coming out at £310 inc tax. so that's £186 in total more then the 14 day pass, and I can't see the discount's we'd gain from an annual pass outweighing that. So think that's my mind made up! 14 day passes it is!
razorsharp192 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 17, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
yogadeb
Imagineer

I'm interested in this as well because we are likely to be going again in 2018 but on a much tighter budget .

Does anybody know if the passes can be used in U.K Kids holidays please? As I was confused when I checked on the black out dates . I think the cheapest pass wouldn't allow you in on them dates but the 2nd one on tariff perhaps?

It's quite confusing

Quality inn international(now plaza) - 2004
All star movies -2005
Pop century -2007
Port Orleans riverside -2012
Royal Pacific and Beach club-2015
Royal Pacific and Animal kingdom lodge -2017

Edited at 05:35 PM.
yogadeb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 17, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Ciano
Imagineer

Ciano's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We are planning on going bacn next year too, please God! I got 14 day tickets but I am going to go over to the box office while there and see what the price would be to upgrade to an annual pass for the 4 of us.
Old 9 Mar 17, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
familyofthree
Apprentice Imagineer

familyofthree's Reviews
Originally Posted by yogadeb View Post
I'm interested in this as well because we are likely to be going again in 2018 but on a much tighter budget .

Does anybody know if the passes can be used in U.K Kids holidays please? As I was confused when I checked on the black out dates . I think the cheapest pass wouldn't allow you in on them dates but the 2nd one on tariff perhaps?

It's quite confusing
Depending on when the kids holidays are that your talking about, if it's just the summer holidays then seasonal pass (cheapest one) has blackout dates as follows, you could visit from 14th Aug onwards only.

Seasonal Pass Blockout Dates
Dec. 21, 2016–Jan. 3, 2017
Apr. 8– 22, 2017
Jun. 10–Aug. 13, 2017
Dec. 21–31, 2017

The next pass up which is the power pass only has blackout days during the REALLY busy periods eg Easter and Xmas

Power Pass Blockout Dates
Dec. 21, 2016–Jan. 3, 2017
Apr. 8–22, 2017
Dec. 21–31, 2017
familyofthree is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 17, 11:49 PM  
Link to this Post
philinmerthyr
Imagineer

Originally Posted by razorsharp192 View Post
think i've answered my own question here. Cheapest 1 day tickets i've found are £217 each, and the annual pass (preferred) is coming out at £310 inc tax. so that's £186 in total more then the 14 day pass, and I can't see the discount's we'd gain from an annual pass outweighing that. So think that's my mind made up! 14 day passes it is!
I upgraded my 14 day ticket to a preferred annual pass in February. It cost me $111. It was well worth the upgrade with free parking, merchandise and food.
Old 20 Mar 17, 08:01 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Mobile

So we could buy the 14 day uk tickets that include volcano bay and then upgrade them to annual passes and pay the difference? Is that right? How do universal know what you have paid? As tickets for next year are advertised for about £250 each for 3 park explorer ticket.
mrsbenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 17, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
amandajane10
Imagineer

amandajane10's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by mrsbenny View Post
So we could buy the 14 day uk tickets that include volcano bay and then upgrade them to annual passes and pay the difference? Is that right? How do universal know what you have paid? As tickets for next year are advertised for about £250 each for 3 park explorer ticket.
I would like to know this too :-)
Villa Holiday May 2018
Planning Easter 2020
amandajane10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List