Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 9 Mar 17, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile Lapland Father Christmas. Anyone been?

Has anyone been to Lapland over Xmas period? If so who did you book with? And was it worth it?! Looking to go this Xmas but it's sooo expensive!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 17, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Alison
Imagineer

Mobile

We went the Xmas before last for a day trip! I always thought people were mad going just for a day but when I researched it, it actually seemed the perfect solution for us!

It was a very long day but a magical one and all the note because it was Xmas eve - we led santas sleigh back to the uk that evening!

A few people on here have mentioned going for a few nights and enjoy that too. We kustwanted the one long magical dreamlike day in the North Pole so the day trip suited us.

It was a fabulous trip and I'm glad we did it. It was very expensive and if I hadn't been able to afford it, I'd not push the limit on the finances to go.

Note that our initial trip was cancelled - something I'd not considered - luckily we were able to rebook, but cancellations do happen. Obviously a bit of a showstopper for a day trip! Perhaps less concerning if you're going for a few nights.

We booked with a Lapland day trip company.

We did reindeer sleigh ride, sledging, husky ride, meal, snowmobile, father Xmas adventure.

It was a hugely memorable day
Princess Alison is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 17, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I've done exactly the same trip as Alison. Even though the day trips were expensive we preferred to do it all in one day as the longer trips did the same activities over a longer period and our kids were quite young so we didn't fancy much hanging about. We have done it a couple of times - there are slight variations on each day trip - we travelled with Transun once and Canterbury travel the other time. Our first trip was cancelled but we were offered plenty of options and got to go a few days later
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 17, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordieprincess
Apprentice Imagineer

We did Lapland for a week over new year a couple of years ago. I did loads of research and was originally heading for 4 nights Thomson to Levi, but all the forums I read pointed me to booking a week Inghams "ski" holiday to Levi instead. The reindeer ride, huskies, Santa visit, snowmobiling were all the same that we would've done on a Santa trip. The difference was we didn't have "elf guides" with us all the time and I wondered whether this would make it less magical. It was still amazing and magical and I don't regret doing it this way as it was better value for money (although still a fortune) and the kids loved all the free time to just sledge and play in the snow.
Geordieprincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 17, 12:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

I know not quite the same but have you thought of Lapland UK! I look at the 'real' Lapland all the time and just can't justify the cost so I have booked to go to Lapland UK this year - whilst not cheap comparing to Lapland it's a bargain lol
I have been once before and it was fab and I totally recommend it
Tweety1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 17, 12:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Disneyphile
Apprentice Imagineer

We also did the day trip last year. It was amazing and completely worth the cost. We booked with Thomas Cook. The festivities started at the airport when we checked in and staff gave us chocolate reindeers and Santa hats (although even I struggled with eating chocolate at 5.30 in the morning). The whole day was really well organised. I was worried that a day trip would feel really rushed but it didn't feel like that at all. The only thing negative about it was that I wish the huskie ride could have been longer. If you were staying for a few days you would be able to have longer experiences. It was so much fun!
Disneyphile is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 17, 07:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Buggles94
VIP Dibber

Buggles94's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
We did the day trip through Magic of Lapland 3 or 4 years ago and it was one of the best days of my life! My children had been just starting to question Santa and that day give them a couple of extra years of believing! It was a very long day and most of it was spent flying but it was so special including a husky dog ride, sleigh ride and the all important meeting with Santa. I would do it again as although it was very expensive it was completely magical.

Edited at 07:08 AM. Reason: change some words - delete some and add some!
Buggles94 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 17, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Mobile

We did a Winter Wonderland trip the year before last with Santa Tours, they use TC flights. It was one day. We flew Manchester to Enontekio and it was the best day ever (not done Disney yet!)
We had free snow suits, lunch, husky Ride, reindeer ride, drove snow mobiles, sledging and met Santa. We could do the rides as many times as we wanted and needed no spends except souvenirs.
It was worth every penny - about 1800 for 2A and 2C on a Saturday. It was about 500 less to go on a school day. Santa was fab, didn't feel rushed. Can highly recommend it and would go again but DS is now an age where he should be stopping believing 😥
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 17, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Purplefrog
slightly serious Dibber

Some friends of ours got married in Lapland a couple of years ago.
They said it was hideously expensive but one of the most magical places they've ever been and we'll worth the money for the experience.
Purplefrog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 17, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Lee-Anne
Getting Excited

We stayed in Levi for 4 days. If we go again I'd stay maybe one more day. We booked through santa clause trips (or something like that)! But it goes through Inghams.
We stayed in the Levitunturi hotel and it was fab. We upgraded to a suite... really lovely hotel with a sauna.
They have a water park in the hotel and a few restaurants (didn't use the water park though).
Our package included a husky ride, reindeer ride and snowmobile excursion which was so beautiful.
We were right next to a hotspot for the northern lights. Amazing to see this.
Also, next to a lovely little market with lots of shops and restaurants. We will probably go again maybe this year, and will use the ski slope into next to then hotel.

DO IT! You won't regret it!
Lee-Anne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List