Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 11 Mar 17, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
ruddian
Excited about Disney

Hello all! We are definitely gonna download this app! Is there an expiration date on using the vouchers?

We go in October. Is it worth waiting until nearer the time? Just trying to be super organised xx

ruddian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 17, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
salmon70
Imagineer

Mobile

Can i please ask (and this may sound silly) so apologies. We will be heading to Walmart once we've dropped off our cases in our room - there's only 2 of us so would just order the standard UberX travelling there. However, on the way back we will of course have a few bags of groceries for the duration of our stay. My question is, is there a limit type thing where you would have to order the next size up vehicle if you had a fair few bags?

I'm not saying we are going to be buying loads of stuff but just not sure how that kind of thing works having never used an Uber before.

Thank you
salmon70 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 17, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ruddian View Post
Hello all! We are definitely gonna download this app! Is there an expiration date on using the vouchers?

We go in October. Is it worth waiting until nearer the time? Just trying to be super organised xx

you have plenty of time, no need to check for discount dollar codes or sign up/download anything until about a month before you go.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 17, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Originally Posted by salmon70 View Post
Can i please ask (and this may sound silly) so apologies. We will be heading to Walmart once we've dropped off our cases in our room - there's only 2 of us so would just order the standard UberX travelling there. However, on the way back we will of course have a few bags of groceries for the duration of our stay. My question is, is there a limit type thing where you would have to order the next size up vehicle if you had a fair few bags?

I'm not saying we are going to be buying loads of stuff but just not sure how that kind of thing works having never used an Uber before.

Thank you
nope, no limit, we've had 3 adults, 3 suitcases, 3 hand-luggage size bags, and shopping mall bags in one standard UberX car in Orlando, so with just shopping, you'll be fine .
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 17, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
salmon70
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by sammykitten View Post
nope, no limit, we've had 3 adults, 3 suitcases, 3 hand-luggage size bags, and shopping mall bags in one standard UberX car in Orlando, so with just shopping, you'll be fine .
That's great thanks Sammy kitten 👍.
salmon70 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 17, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

On the app, is there somewhere to request a child seat? Do we just have to hope there's an uber with one? Are they few and far between? I know the laws around restrictions in the us, but I'm trying to work out the reality of booking one against having to take our own.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 17, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
lindaj
Imagineer

Do you have to tip the drivers and if so approximately how much?
Old 13 Mar 17, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
kellsbells
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lindaj View Post
Do you have to tip the drivers and if so approximately how much?
No it's cashless so you don't need to tip. We did tip one driver as he had helped us with all our suitcases but otherwise just make sure you give them a good rating on the app. (we had several drivers who would just say gimme 5 - meaning a 5 star rating as we got out of the car)

kellsbells is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 17, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

This thread is really helpful as we are planning to travel to and from Uinversal from AKL plus a shopping day. Will definitely use Uber after all this helpful advice
2014 Saratoga Springs Resort
2017 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2019 Highlands Reserve/Grand Plaza/Boardwalk Villa
2023 Vero Beach/Portofino Bay/Coronado Springs Club level

2024 Wilderness Lodge/Grand Floridian
2025 Disneyland Hotel DLP
ChoppyGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 17, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldcoast
Excited about Disney

There's an option to choose + car seat. I think its costs $5-8 more then a car without.

What are the laws? If you don't mind me asking
Goldcoast is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List