Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 17 Mar 17, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
jolou
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

We did the lot 1st time with our 8 year old. Regretted spending a day at Aquatica as it seemed completely charmless compared to the amazing theming of Typhoon Lagoon. Have been to Seaworld twice and underwhelmed both times... again i find it lacks magic and atmosphere... But these things are completely subjective! Loved Universal though but my 8 year old preferred Disney. She is now 11 and into Harry Potter and i think Universal will blow her socks off. With hindsight I wish i had spent more time at Epcot and Animal Kingdom (magical places!) and not wasted days on lesser (to me) attractions. Enjoy!
jolou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 17, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Danielle24
Imagineer

Mobile

What about Disney and Legoland? Good for your ages of kids and a bit different to Disney. Reasonably priced too.
Danielle24 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 17, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
lyn1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Danielle24 View Post
What about Disney and Legoland? Good for your ages of kids and a bit different to Disney. Reasonably priced too.
This seems like a good option, as you say there's something for everyone.
lyn1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 17, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
LizJMT
Proud to wear my Ears

Thanks. Really appreciate all your thoughts.

Going from 9am-11pm every day is not our intention at all. Far from it.

And I completely agree my 8 year old has no idea what he is talking about . If you ask him what he is looking forward to most in Florida he still says collecting Pokemon on that wretched app!
LizJMT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 17, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by LizJMT View Post
Thanks. Really appreciate all your thoughts.

Going from 9am-11pm every day is not our intention at all. Far from it.

And I completely agree my 8 year old has no idea what he is talking about . If you ask him what he is looking forward to most in Florida he still says collecting Pokemon on that wretched app!
Does he like star wars?

I think with the water parks and disney springs you'll have plenty to keep yourself occupied. The first week everyone is adjusting to the time difference too so you'll definitely be taking things a bit easier.

That said we did do SW and AQ last trip and the kids loved them. But am sure you'll love Orlando that much that you'll go back and you can save them for next time!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 17, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Mckatkins
Proud to wear my Ears

Hi we went last year and did Disney and universal with our 4 and 2 year old we are going back again in May and just doing disney and legoland. Universal was great but there was much less to keep the youngest amused and we just can't justify the the cost for 1-2 days
Mckatkins is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 17, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazascouser
Apprentice Imagineer

Mazascouser's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I would save my self some money and just do Disney, you have 4 parks, 2 water parks, 2 mini golf courses. You can visit some hotels by using the monorail go to Animamal Kingdom Lodge for a look at the animals and Boardwalk, Plus have you booked the special offer for cirque de soleil (see ticket forum) Great show the kids would love it. Then there is the shopping and down days. 1st time we went did it all and were knackered, you live and learn, found the Dibb and have taken Dibbers advice and have enjoyed every holiday since then. Happy holiday planning.
Mazascouser is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 17, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsMo
Having Dinner with Goofy

Can I just say we went in 2011 and it was our first time with kids. We only had two then and they were 3 and 10 months. We didn't do Universal. We did one day at Seaworld, and got to the opening day of Legoland. But to be honest apart from Disney our best day was at Gatorland. It was just such a different pace and so enjoyable. Certainly not an all day thing but a welcome change from the frantic pace of everything else. We still talk about it and it's on our list for this year for sure.
We are going with 4 kids this time (well 5 as were taking my nephew too) and Universal is still in question due to the cost.. Gatorland is def on there!
MrsMo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 17, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Taggie
Very Serious Dibber

If you can, I would pick one place to go that isn't Disney, if your kids like sea animals, then SeaWorld, if your kids like the beach, then a beach day or Legoland as another person mentioned. When our kids were younger, we did Clearwater on one, with a dolphin hunt boat trip, we did Kennedy another time. We did a Limo Shopping trip too.

When we went in 2014, the kids were teenagers then so our 'first trip' was to Busch Gardens as we hadn't done that before.

This year will be the last year with our kids as 18 year old is off to Uni and 20 year old will want to do his own thing. So we are doing everything Disney, Universal/Volcano, SeaWorld/Aquatica, Busch and International Drive stuff, which us luck
Pop Century May 07 + All Star Sports March 06
La Quinta Inn Lakeside March 05
Taggie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List