Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 21 Mar 17, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
jandwilk1
Getting Excited

Wanting to put a deposit on tickets for this year but haven't booked holiday yet! Any advice?

I'd like to secure tickets before the sale price ends but not sure who is cheapest and accepts deposit payment.

Any tips?

Thanks x
jandwilk1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 17, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
croy1985
Trainee Dibber

attraction tickets direct are always in the mix for best price, and they let you buy now pay later for £10 deposit per person.
croy1985 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 17, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
amarooney
VIP Dibber

amarooney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
FloridaTix do a £10 deposit, pay 5 weeks before travel. Adult 14 day Ultimate are currently £285 adults, £270 kids
amarooney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 17, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
lyn1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jandwilk1 View Post
I'd like to secure tickets before the sale price ends but not sure who is cheapest and accepts deposit payment.

Any tips?

Thanks x
I think the three that are about the cheapest are, floridaescapes.com, orlandoattractiontickets.com, orlandoattractions.com.
lyn1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 17, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Perkins
Excited about Disney

Sorry to jump in, but I am in the same position...

Does anyone have any idea, what the price rise is likely to be - trying to work out whether it may be worth risking £40 deposit?

Thanks
Old 21 Mar 17, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Perkins View Post
Does anyone have any idea, what the price rise is likely to be - trying to work out whether it may be worth risking £40 deposit?
Currently, the 14 day Disney Ultimate tickets for 2017 are on offer and have 25% discount. That offer will end on 29th March (i.e. just over a week from now).

The 14 day tickets are currently around £299 and will go up to £399 at the end of March. And then will rise to £419 at the end of July.

So the price rise is approximately £100 per person.

This only applies to 7 day and 14 day Disney Ultimate tickets for this year. It doesn't apply to next years tickets nor to Universal/Seaworld tickets at all. They may also change price.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 17, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
rocknrollsoul
Proud to wear my Ears

Sorry if this sounds a bit dense <blush> but if you put a £10/person deposit down on the tickets through say florida attractions etc, then is that all you owe if you cancel before the final payment is due..?
And, on the other hand, is it £50 to cancel a Disney package hotel/tickets? (With the advantage being that, if you can switch your booking to one that costs a bit more, then you wouldn't have to pay that charge either?) Thanks heaps
2009, '13, '14, '16, '19 DLP - Disneyland Hotel/Dream Castle/Magic Circus/Sequoia Lodge; 2015 - WDW/Universal - ASM, AoA Little Mermaid, MNSSHP, CBBR; April 2016 - WDW/Univ - Pop Century, AoA Little Mermaid, CBBR; Jan 2017 - WDW- CBR; Aug 2017 - Universal/WDW - CBBR, CRB, MNSSHP; Aug 2018 - CBBR, MNSSHP, Seaworld; Dec 18 - POR/MVMCP; Aug 2019 - CSR WDW MNSSHP
rocknrollsoul is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 17, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
lyn1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by rocknrollsoul View Post
Sorry if this sounds a bit dense <blush> but if you put a £10/person deposit down on the tickets through say florida attractions etc, then is that all you owe if you cancel before the final payment is due..?
And, on the other hand, is it £50 to cancel a Disney package hotel/tickets? (With the advantage being that, if you can switch your booking to one that costs a bit more, then you wouldn't have to pay that charge either?) Thanks heaps
Someone else asked this on another thread, but only had 1 reply. Link below.

Another thing to consider is paying a cancellation fee upfront when you buy your tickets.

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1012320

Edited at 05:09 PM.
lyn1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 17, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by rocknrollsoul View Post
As mentioned in the link that Lyndon posted above, it depends on the Ts&Cs of the company. Some will apply a cancellation charge, which might be a percentage of the total cost or a set fee (eg. £25).

Personally, if I was going to Disney this year and wanted Ultimate tickets, I'd buy my Disney tickets, or at least put a deposit on them, now.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 17, 04:58 AM  
Link to this Post
lyn1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Personally, if I was going to Disney this year and wanted Ultimate tickets, I'd buy my Disney tickets, or at least put a deposit on them, now.
Totally agree with this for the Disney 14 day Ultmate tickets. It's not long before the offer ends.