Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 16 Sep 12, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

i think this was from Tron

Disneyland under construction

WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 12, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

I think thats all the best ones - both camera batteries ran out so some got taken as still from the video camera but they came out a bit blurry which is a shame.

Hope you like these - the costumes were amazing but all in a really dark room , I assume to preserve them.
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 12, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
chrisdebl
Getting Excited

Christopher had the same problem staying central in the highway lanes, I lost count how many times I said 'move over a bit love'!

We enjoyed Mel's Diner too in San Francisco, although we didn't realise it was a chain at the time.

The Disney museum looks brilliant, it seems even better than the one in San francisco, perhaps its because you can't take any photos there, wish we could have. So, thats final then, we have to go back next year!

Easter 1998 Deerfield, 2000 Highland Reserve, 2002 Crescent Lakes
Summer 2004(with Charley) Palm Key, 2008 New York and Palm Key 2009 Palm Key and Sanibel
2010 Miami and Crescent Lakes 2012 California Trip Report Cali-vacation Celebration
2013 More California
chrisdebl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 12, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post

Fab pics thank you!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 12, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
offtoseemickey
Imagineer

offtoseemickey's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 8

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 25
What a great surprise about all the Disney stuff. I loved looking at all of those photos, really interesting stuff there.

It sounds like you're all having such a great time. I'm loving this so far, and the best is yet to come!
offtoseemickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 12, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
ginger ninja
Imagineer

ginger ninja's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Great photos would love to do a west coast trip when the kids are a bit older

ginger ninja is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 12, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

What a fantastic day. We really didn't enjoy driving around LA, either.

Fancy you not taking David B to Mels
Old 16 Sep 12, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

This report has given me so many ideas! I am considering the HIE Hollywood, so nice to hear good things about it! Brilliant report
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 12, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post

Another fab day! The Reagan museum looks extremely interesting and a nice bonus to get the Disney archives there too! Really enjoying your report
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 12, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by kimmy View Post
What an amazing ,and interesting day ! Really enjoyed this, thanks for sharing !You can never have too many pics...! LOL.
Thanks for reading, LOL we have over 6000 pics so plenty to choose from

Originally Posted by chrisdebl View Post
Christopher had the same problem staying central in the highway lanes, I lost count how many times I said 'move over a bit love'!

We enjoyed Mel's Diner too in San Francisco, although we didn't realise it was a chain at the time.

The Disney museum looks brilliant, it seems even better than the one in San francisco, perhaps its because you can't take any photos there, wish we could have. So, thats final then, we have to go back next year!
We were lucky , it was the Disney Archives and a time limited exhibition being hosted out at the Reagan Museum so had we gone a bit earlier it wouldnt have been there . I dont know how long it runs for - it was such interesting stuff, like Laugh O Gram films, his original company and all about his upbringing. The freeways freaked me out and we had a real near miss a couple of days later

Originally Posted by offtoseemickey View Post
What a great surprise about all the Disney stuff. I loved looking at all of those photos, really interesting stuff there.

It sounds like you're all having such a great time. I'm loving this so far, and the best is yet to come!
Yes, the trippy is a bit warts and all so a few grumbles along the way - thats real life - but we really did have an amazing time and Florida, well, dare I say, it was possibly perfect. But you will know that as you will be there Hope you catch up on later installments when you are back

Originally Posted by ginger ninja View Post
Great photos would love to do a west coast trip when the kids are a bit older
Its quite an incredible place - ours were old enough to appreciate it and still young enough to really throw themselves into childish enjoyment (when they thought we werent looking of course )

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
What a fantastic day. We really didn't enjoy driving around LA, either.

Fancy you not taking David B to Mels
The driving was horrid - utter madness, imagine commuting
I know , he was washing his hair that night

Originally Posted by happytraveller View Post
This report has given me so many ideas! I am considering the HIE Hollywood, so nice to hear good things about it! Brilliant report
HIE Hollywood was an excellent location for the North side of our stay. It wasnt the cheapest but we got a great sized room, the breakfast was great. the car was safe and the staff were incredibly helpful. just a shame we never managed to fit in a dip in the pool
Thanks for reading along

Originally Posted by ppodangel View Post
Another fab day! The Reagan museum looks extremely interesting and a nice bonus to get the Disney archives there too! Really enjoying your report
thanks for reading along - it really was an incredibly interesting place and very well designed - it had the most stunning views over the mountains . We didnt realise he had such a close association to California. We could have spent longer there I am sure , we didnt get to go round the gardens which looked beautiful.