Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 24 Sep 12, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Disney Feast West&East: Day 13 Disney & LAX

So we left on a high last night

Back at the hotel and the cases are packed up as we move on to be near the airport. As I am an early riser, it is agreed that I will get up and go and have some time in DL to do the “girly stuff” aka Fantasyland on my own – suits everyone and they will join me later.

I write an incredible list and leave it in a prominent place ( check fridge, pack ipad chargers, check bathroom, buy postcard, make sure Connor packs his retainers, check under beds, bring your tickets etc ) and am confident that this covers everything. ( except it seems I forgot the key words CHECK OUT, I did think that was obvious, oops) . We check that Andy’s phone is not set to silent so we will in fact be able to speak to each other to arrange where to meet.

It is a perfect plan and cannot possibly fail

I am up sprightly and put my padded foot into my trainers. Nothing is going to stop me enjoying a wander round the parks in peace.

the hotel

I am out by 0745 and encounter an unexpectedly long queue at bag check , exacerbated by choosing the line with the very thorough checker.

But I whizz through the turnstiles so find I am in just after 0800 and see the characters in Main Street – mainly from Alice in Wonderland.

WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 12, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Its not too bad at all and at 0813 I get a FP for Autopia ( the plan being to get one every 40 minutes on my ticket so the boys can go on when they get here). FP return time is 40 minutes out at 0850. I walk onto Alice, which is indeed very pink and girly – but a bit scary , that Cheshire Cat , he creeps me out

Over to Storybookland canal boats which is a 10 minute wait but very cute and nicely laid out. I am on at 0820 and off at 0830.

WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 12, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

I walk over to Mr Toad’s Wild Ride which is another walk on and good fun .

Straight over to Pinocchio which is another walk on and another slightly creepy ride ( for smaller people) – some of it is a bit menacing . I am off by 0845. This is uber touring at its best !

Snow White appeared not to be running which is a shame as its now not in Florida. So I walk through the castle ( and around it) which is nice

Old 24 Sep 12, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Back to Tomorrowland to get my next Autopia fast pass . Having bagged that I decide to stop for breakfast at Tomorrowland Terrace where service is marginally better than our evening meal. I have a fruit cup, French toast with syrup and bacon and a coffee – for $10 and its delicious. I sit and enjoy it while writing up some of my notes. Such peace and bliss – of course it cant last as the phone rings and Andy says they are on their way. Oh, I thought they weren’t coming till like 11ish, not 9 !

I walk over to get another Autopia FP but the machines aren’t working and neither is the ride. Not to worry. Space Mountain is also closed and so it seems is Innoventions and Star tours. Spooky, all of Tomorrowland has just stopped working just as the kids arrive. Great timing ! The boys are less than thrilled ( as am I, it was all going so well).

But after 10 mins Autopia is back up and running. I get a fastpass but as its only a 15 minute wait, they opt to go on via standby. I take their tickets to get FPs for Space but the CM is saying there has been a small earthquake and the ride is still down. Great storyline I think. So I get FPs for Star Tours instead at 1130 but the boys are not that bothered. We decide to look in Innoventions ( its 1020 now) and they have a lot of fun on the games and simulators. More so than they expected and its lovely and cool and quiet in here.

Andy and I look around the home of tomorrow

and we run over the plan for the rest of the day. At which point I casually enquire as to whether there were any additional charges at check out (like the rollaway bed) which is met with the “ what do you mean, we didn’t check out” look. Oh dear, no problem, we have until 11 so one of us can just go back and get it done . Which then leads to a prolonged and pointless debate about who should go back – Andy wants us all to leave the park and push on to LAX. I think he should go back and check out while we stay here as long as we can as there will be NOTHING to do around LAX. He wants breakfast at Denny’s , the boys want lunch at ESPN. I offer to go back but with my hobbling foot that is viewed as martyrdom ( I decide not to point out that had he just checked out when he loaded the car, this conversation just wouldn’t be happening but its apparently my fault as CHECK OUT wasn’t on the list) . So he sets off and I am sure that our last words are that that we will meet him at the park entrance around 1130 but as he is walking away at this point, who knows?
Old 24 Sep 12, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

I round up the boys, we exit the park and sit down near the entrance to wait for Andy – who eventually calls to say he is indeed having breakfast in Dennys and are we joining him ? Sigh, I must get my hearing checked. A quick consultation with the boys who still want to go to ESPN so we leave Andy to his own devices. We arrive at ESPN around 12 and are seated straight away.

We have a lovely lunch of BBQ chicken pizzas( Connor and I) , kids mini burgers (Jamie)and a cheeseburger(Nick) which along with sodas comes to $65. The boys watch some sports and we finally leave around 1pm with meeting Andy further delayed by Jamie and Nick deciding they want to stop at the Lego store and build some cars – really, today of all days ?

Andy finally picks us up around 1pm ( outside Denny’s) . Whilst in there he apparently heard people talking about the earthquakes this morning so maybe it wasn’t just a storyline after all. Apparently all the rides shut down automatically on tremor detection. Spooky, its not like the ground was shaking ! Later that evening we hear on the news that its described as an earthquake swarm, a series of little tremors. There have been a few of these and so they are musing on whether this means “the big one” is coming soon. Good thing we are off to Orlando tomorrow then They only have hurricanes there.

We set off for the inevitably long drive north to LAX, stopping , via a nifty U turn at a Vans outlet where some purchases of shoes and T shirts are finally made.

to be continued
Old 24 Sep 12, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
ginger ninja
Imagineer

ginger ninja's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
loving this day, I too know what its like to deal with -if its not on the list it doesnt get done! Glad to see you got some you time, with 4 boys I bet you needed it

ginger ninja is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 12, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post

Great read. Lol at your list, check out! ;-)
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 12, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
SammyScotland
Imagineer

Still loving your trip report, Amanda.
Old 25 Sep 12, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Very funny! Though not at the time, I'm sure
Old 27 Sep 12, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Nesbits
Very Serious Dibber

Hurry up with the next installments please
Nesbits is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List