Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 30 Aug 15, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
samnbaz
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

We took a lincoln navigator back to alamo at mco that someone had scratched around 3 sides really deeply with we presume a key at dtd, had cdw, they werent fussed and no charge
samnbaz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 15, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
hillcats
Excited about Disney

hillcats's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We returned our Kia Sedona to Alamo at Tampa (full CDW) booked through uscarhire.com with unknown to me (genuinely don't know if it was already there at pick up or happened whilst in my care) a rather large dent above the passenger door. I did have a check round at pick up but don't remember checking high up parts of the car, only bumpers and doors etc.
The person checking the vehicle back in checked fuel and that was full and all ok, then he asked me to see the rental agreement whereby he was checking to see if I had CDW - he said that's fine and pointed out the dent to me... No charges just wished a good flight home.
Old 30 Aug 15, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
mouli1
Imagineer

mouli1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
have had several "incidents " over the years

1st issue was my fault , misjudged a parking space and scratched the bumper . I was sooo embarrassed: blush: when we returned the car , they were not bothered just had to sign it was my fault but all covered

2nd time someone hit the back of us , but the car was so scratched already it made no difference and no one injured so didn't even mention it

3rd time there was a door ding which I hadn't noticed was a bit miffed to be accused of it as it was obviously someone opening the door onto our car , again had to sign but no charge

that's the good thing about car hire in the usa , no worry about excess

[R]
mouli1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 15, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

The only problem we have ever had a problem with damage is when returning to a different location from where we collected the car.
Last Halloween we collected a convertible, drove to the coast and it was terrible - pulling to one side and various other things wrong. We didnt get to choose the car as there were none in the row. One was brought around. Loads of scrapes etc. Looked like it had a very hard life. We took it to SRQ and they made a huge deal of the damage as they didnt want to be held responsible. They wanted to ensure it was all recorded at MCO. Seems each location is responsible for the damage on its cars and the guys didnt want that. Took an hour to sort out. Initially they accused us of doing the damage and we said even if we did we had zero excess. Didn't matter and they wouldn't give us a new car until everything was sorted out to their satisfaction.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 15, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread