Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 31 Aug 15, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Dis
Earning My Ears

I too think taking DME is a brilliant way to start your holiday. We used it last time to go to POFQ. Waited 15 mins or so for bus and were 2nd or 3rd drop off. However sat back relaxed after long flight, watched some Disney videos and had no stress (no tolls!) before arriving at hotel. Great on way back to airport also.
Dis is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 15, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeysard
Excited about Disney

mickeysard's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Sorry to OP for jumping in on this thread but i have a question which is this...we don't arrive till quite late do we just grab our Lugage and wait outside by the coaches for someone to ask? i should add that we have booked DME

Edited at 02:47 PM.
mickeysard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 15, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Lynda
Imagineer

Lynda's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I think the maximum we have waited is around 15 minutes for it go, perhaps a couple of minutes for it to arrive at the stop. We may have been lucky but we have used it around 6 times.

Going back to airport if we have been sat there early and another ME coach has arrived we have asked if we can board that one, we have never been refused yet.

I love getting ME and will miss it this time as we are flying in to Sanford.
Old 31 Aug 15, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer2802
Imagineer

Imagineer2802's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 27

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 74
Originally Posted by mickeysard View Post
Sorry to OP for jumping in on this thread but i have a question which is this...we don't arrive till quite late do we just grab our Lugage and wait outside by the coaches for someone to ask? i should add that we have booked DME
No, you go to the Disney's Magical Express Welcome Centre as usual, and you will check in and be directed towards your coach.

You could be there for a while if you just wait around outside and hope someone appears

2019 - August - Europe on the Magic! 17th Trip!

**~ °o° ~°o° ~ °o°~°o° ~°o° ~ °o°~**
Imagineer2802 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 15, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

We landed 6.35 but it took ages to get off the plane and through immigration, so it was 9pm by the time we arrived at the MDE desk.

There was a coach in, but it waited almost half an hour to fill up with people. We then went to POR, POFQ and OKW before dropping us at SSR. It was 10pm by the time we arrived.

We don't drive so it was the best option anyway, but by 9pm I can't imagine having the energy to drive! It was great being taken right to the door.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 15, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeysard
Excited about Disney

mickeysard's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Imagineer2802 View Post
No, you go to the Disney's Magical Express Welcome Centre as usual, and you will check in and be directed towards your coach.

You could be there for a while if you just wait around outside and hope someone appears
Thankyou and take it that the welcome center is inside somewhere?
mickeysard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 15, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Sweetie Babes
VIP Dibber

Sweetie Babes's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 32

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
It's right down the very end of the car hire hall. We didn't realise we'd have to treck so far with our two suitcases and two cabin bags.

A bus was in, but we still had to wait for a couple more families before we could be on our way. Luckily CBR was the first stop, though. We found it very disappointing that we had the cruise ship bus and couldn't see out of the windows as a result. Not important, but it meant we lost the initial frisson of excitement of seeing the resort as we approached and turned in. So, no arrival photos/video.

Returning to the airport, we were the last pick-up and the bus was full! We ended up having to go right down to the back to find a couple of seats - not easy with me on my walking stick. They announced that they would be stopping at Terminal A first (where we needed to get off). Needless to say, we were the only people getting off the bus at that terminal. They really should have asked the Terminal B people to leave a couple of rows at the front for people getting on last and getting off first. It was also the water park bus and every single window was covered with that pierced film so we had even less of a view returning to the airport.
Nov03: 14nts Travelodge/ Feb05: 10nts HI Sunspree/ Aug06: 10nts HI Sunspree/ Apr08: 10nts villa White Oak Circle/ Feb11: 14nts condo Sweetwater Circle/ Feb12: 10nts condo Sweetwater/ Feb13: 10nts condo Sweetwater/ Feb14: 7nts CBR/ Mar15: 14nts AoA/ Nov15: 7nts OKW(DVC)/ Aug16: 2nts BLT/ 6nts AKL/ Sep17: 8nts OKW/3nts BLT/ Sep18: 1nt GFV/9nts OKW/ Feb19: 5nts POR/3nts GFV/ Feb20: 8nts AKL/ Apr22: 3nts OKW/8nts GFV / May23: 9nts BLT / Apr24: 14nts villa Seasons Blvd

Edited at 11:07 AM.
Sweetie Babes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 15, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
LaurenYorkshir
Imagineer

In December we had just missed a bus to POFQ but only had 20 mins to wait before the next one came and by the time it did the que had filled up again and we were off right away.

LaurenYorkshir is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 15, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Tink 45
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by LaurenYorkshir View Post
In December we had just missed a bus to POFQ but only had 20 mins to wait before the next one came and by the time it did the que had filled up again and we were off right away.
Thanks for that Lauren, looking at your lovely countdown! Not long to wait, where are you staying this year? Will you be on the DME? X
Tink 45 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 15, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post

Just wondering if anyone had got a taxi from MCO to Yacht and Beach club and how much it cost approx ?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread