Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 3 Feb 17, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
68nic
Imagineer

I will phone them tomorrow and see what they can do. I would cancel and rebook but its dearer than what I got it amended at few days ago. I will let you know what they say
Old 3 Feb 17, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by 68nic View Post
I will phone them tomorrow and see what they can do. I would cancel and rebook but its dearer than what I got it amended at few days ago. I will let you know what they say
I know, I considered that as an option but it's about Ł60 more now than when I booked plus I wanted the VA miles.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 17, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Just posting to say thank you for the instructions on the skip the counter process. Booked with Auto Europe and followed the instructions and have my paperwork printed now. Thanks guys
Joshie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 17, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
68nic
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
I know, I considered that as an option but it's about Ł60 more now than when I booked plus I wanted the VA miles.
The lady I spoke to said they couldn't do anything id have to phone usa Alamo, but today their price has gone down to the same as I have paid on my booking. Ive just now rebooked and paid everything with DH credit card and I managed to skip the counter fine. Cancelled my previous booking and will get a refund
Old 5 Feb 17, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by 68nic View Post
The lady I spoke to said they couldn't do anything id have to phone usa Alamo, but today their price has gone down to the same as I have paid on my booking. Ive just now rebooked and paid everything with DH credit card and I managed to skip the counter fine. Cancelled my previous booking and will get a refund
Glad you got it sorted.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 17, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
68nic
Imagineer

Thanks. talk about relief Hope you sort yours out too
Old 6 Feb 17, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post

Just about to book our car for March-April trip, our first time at Disney. I'm trying to understand what I need to do to Skip The Counter? Just about to book through Alamo Brits. Any help greatly appreciated.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 17, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Yorkshire_Dan
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by mjw1979 View Post
Just about to book our car for March-April trip, our first time at Disney. I'm trying to understand what I need to do to Skip The Counter? Just about to book through Alamo Brits. Any help greatly appreciated.
Have you read the instructions?

Complete the booking on Alamo Brits.

Complete Online Check In (you can either wait for the link on the confirmation email of your booking or just log in and there should be an option for it - easiest way is to Google "Alamo online check in").

Repeat for Skip the Counter.
Yorkshire_Dan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 17, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by mjw1979 View Post
Originally Posted by Yorkshire_Dan View Post
Have you read the instructions?

Complete the booking on Alamo Brits.

Complete Online Check In (you can either wait for the link on the confirmation email of your booking or just log in and there should be an option for it - easiest way is to Google "Alamo online check in").

Repeat for Skip the Counter.

I booked through Alamo Brits last autumn and it was very easy.

After you find the car you want on the Brits page and select book (I can't remember the exact words) it takes you to the main Alamo site where there were a couple of options to do OLCI and skip the counter.

I can't remember the exact words but it was extremely easy.

Mick
Old 7 Feb 17, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Posiesmum
VIP Dibber

Posiesmum's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
I know the answer to this is probably buried on this thread but I can't find it.
If I have an Alamo booking through VH, presumably I can do online check in but not skip the line as they are a third party provider?
Actually, as we are arriving at 11.30pm, I doubt that there will be much of a line anyway!
Posiesmum is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List