Notices

Old 4 Jan 16, 02:44 AM  
Link to this Post
debidee
Dibbing with Tink

It's A Magic Cruising Christmas 2015 - Day 8 Miami Shop Part 1

Today was a very early start - we were leaving the ship at 7am so no time for breakfast yet! Our bill this time was just over $1400, tbh we were expecting it with the spa treatments, acupuncture and herbal treatments... We were off at 7am exactly and through immigration and in a cab by about 7.30am, we headed straight to the airport to pick up our hire car
Today is the day I think we have all been looking forward to right?

Then onto the Double Tree to drop off our bags as the room wasn't yet ready

We decided to go to Denny's for breakfast and just both picked the 4 item combo, with juice and hot drinks it was $21

Food! Not quite cruise selection but still pretty good!

Tummys full we (aka I ) was ready to shop!

First stop was target and it did not disappoint the in the stationery / dollar section! Here is my haul...

Lots of valentines stuff out already - all $1 except for the scarf and cushion which were $3

All $1 each

Love this range - all $1 each

This little selection is for my Dibber friends Diane and Lucy xxx (all $1 except the planner which was $3)

Onto Target number 2 to pick up some more bits from the sales! First up are these body brush sets - they were reduced from $16.99 to $3.99 - when we had acupuncture she told us a great way to lose weight and water retention is to dry brush before showering / bath... let's give it a go!
Pink for me and Green for Jez!

Next up are 2 elf gift sets from $10 to $2.49 each

Also 2 NYX sets again from $10 to $2.49 each

Next up is Starbucks - I'm collecting the 'you are here' mugs and managed to pick up Miami

Then all festive collection was 70% off (however this was in the target Starbucks, in the mall Starbucks it was only 30%) both were $2.95 from $11.95

Then it was onto the mall for some serious damage... I didn't want to hit the outlets until tomorrow, hoping in Miami it followed a similar theme to Orlando with better bargains! So today it was Aventura Mall. I'd definitely recommend the mall if you are in Miami - I'd say it's a mix between Florida Mall and MoM and has a good mix of stores!

Jez decided to go watch a film...'The hateful 8' so I skipped off to the shops!

First stop for me was Victoria secret! It wasn't an outlet as apparently the only outlet is in Orlando boooo but it was the semi annual sale so still some bargains to be had!

I got this cute set - bra was $21.74 and bottoms were $5.99 each

Next is this PJ set from $54.50 to $24.74 - I love the stitching on the pocket!

Finally I got this trackie bottoms which were $22.49 from $54.50

Next was Nordstrom on the hunt for all things sparkly...

Star necklace was 50% off at $37.20

Rebecca Minkoff ring was $58 - please excuse my nails which are in desperate need of Infills, I'm sure the sun makes them grow faster!

Kate Spade $38.00 - these were not in the sale but had been on my wish list for months!

I also picked up this Kate Spade pencil case at 40% off for $30. It's so pretty I would use this as a fun little clutch bag and it has a gorgeous gold spade as the zip!

And finally a new phone case / mirror at $45 (it says centre of attention on it lol!)

Very happy with that little lot it was off to Sephora where I spent a ridiculous amount of money... in fact in this transaction I became a VIB member! In fairness I had been waiting for this trip to get a number of items so I knew it was going to be heavy on the $$$
Before I did anything I checked in for the mini make over (foundation match, concealer and contour) - this is free providing you spend over $50 and I recommended this before, the assistants are so nice and considering I went in make-up free and sunburnt they did an amazing job lol!

I knew I wanted Laura Mercier products as I had heard so many good reviews when I was researching brands - I went for the face polish, foundation and primer from here.

I also picked up the Nars concealer and new limited edition Tarte contour palette which smells of chocolate!
As part of the mini make-over you can ask them to use products you are interested in, they also do 1/2 your face and help you do the other side so you know how to use properly!

I then got my long awaited glam glow mask - it's won so many beautiful awards I final caved and got one and last item is egg mousse soap - sounds strange but I had again heard lots of good things about this as part of my research!

Final purchase in Sephora was an eye mask treatment, not the $130 the spa had tried to sell me but not cheap at $68 but still a lot better! And a new beauty blender

So after all of this I needed a break and headed to Starbucks for a peppermint frozen coffee - yummy! And to rest my feet and recharge for a bit.

One more store I wanted to visit was Aeropostale, they had a great sale on. I got these trackie bottoms for $8.39 from $39.50

And these 2 tops, red vest was $2.79 from $12.50 and long sleeve was $5.00 from $24.50
No more spending today - outlets tomorrow plus I knew I had my MK delivery waiting at the hotel! Although since arriving at the hotel they returned my package yesterday to my friend... GRRRR not sure why they wouldn't have checked to see I was staying this week! Ah well something to look forward to at a future date!

Jez was now done with his film so it was time for an early dinner - Cheesecake Factory was here so an easy choice!

We had the usual bread to get us started!

Then I had the skinny enchiladas

And Jez had the chicken and white bean chilli

Suitable full we headed back to the hotel to check in - very pleased with our room, compared to our ship room it feels like a palace lol! It's up on the 7th floor overlooking the water which I think in the morning will be really nice!
So that's it for shopping part 1... I hope you enjoyed it, tomorrow will be part 2 where I hit the outlets! Until then... Debs xxx
Ps - thanks again for all your comments I really appreciate it and promise to respond as soon as I'm back on decent wi fi

debidee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 16, 03:01 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by debidee - 4 Jan 16 2:01 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 16, 07:00 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Ahh Dennys breakfast, our favourite way to start a day!
Poor old Jez missing out on all the traipsing round shops with you, bet he was so pleased to see a cinema.
Great shopping haul for day 1, onto the outlets... 😆
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 16, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Twinklestar1
VIP Dibber

Twinklestar1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Fantastic Report as usual. Some great bargains! Enjoy the outlets x
Twinklestar1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 16, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Mickey 91
Trying for More Ears

Love the shopping bit! Looking forward to MK package
Mickey 91 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 16, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
lovedisney89
Imagineer

Fab shopping day, we went to Aventura Mall too and thought the shops were decent. That Glam Glow mask is really great, hope you like it

Las Vegas & California - 2014
Orlando - 2000/2001/2002/2003/2004/2005/2006/2007/2010/2013/2014/2017
lovedisney89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 16, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Hi debs xx
Now this is more like the trippies you do that we know and love lol x
Fantastic purchases ...I've told Megan to read it in her work break and look at the makeup haul especially the elf stuff which is on her April shopping list... she's a fan of MAC but she's gonna give this a good try this time especially as next trip the shops are going to be so much easier to get too ... love all the stationary bits can't wait to go and find stuff like this.
Shame about your MK delivery
Have a fantastic day at the outlets today and look forward to reading all about it tomorrow.
Sam xx
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 16, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A great shopping haul

Joan
Old 4 Jan 16, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

Some brilliant purchases as always Debs. I can't wait to see you're outlet haul tomorrow. The sun coming up over the bay is beautiful in the morning.
Old 4 Jan 16, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
twinkleshmoo
Very Serious Dibber

Ooh debs this is more like it

Absolutely love the Starbucks mugs and the glittery Kate spade earrings are top of my list for this year's trip

Fab buys from Sephora too!

Can't wait to read how you get on at the outlets tomorrow xx