Notices

Old 23 Apr 17, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
lallan
Apprentice Imagineer

lallan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Lallan's Family Vacay March/April 2017 Live-ish! Day 14 - Disney Springs & Checkers 6.4.17

Day 14 - Disney Springs & Checkers 6.4.17

Walked - not sure as tracker is now officially broken !

Spent - $53.68

Firstly I'd like to apologize to everyone who has read along from the beginning for the delay in getting these last few days posted up. We arrived back home on Sunday 9th April and our poor dog was seriously ill. The vet suspect a brain tumor however it's not confirmed and after a very scary severe seizure (where I thought she was a goner) they've changed her meds and she has now been seizure free for the past week and a half and is slowly getting back to her cheeky self, thank god. For now we're taking it a day at a time but she's still with us and not in any pain or anything so here's hoping it continues.

But back to our holiday, even though it now feels like a lifetime ago!

So Thursday we had a lazy morning with the boys in the pool and us doing some cleaning and catching up with washing. The plan was to go for lunch and then meet mum and dad at Disney Springs.

Everyone was in agreement for Checkers. It is literally a 2 minute drive from the villa so off we went around 12ish. We all got the same as last time and it costs $15.05. Yum Yum... seriously tasty burgers!

Bellies all fit to burst we filled the car up with $20 of gas then we set off Disney Springs bound on the straight road Osceola Parkway that takes us from Buenaventura blvd all the way into Disney in around 20 mins.

My mum and dad had got to Disney Springs before us and were having lunch in Earl Of Sandwich. DH & I love EOS too but the boys aren't so fond of it so none for us this holiday!

We headed to the Lego shop. DS1 usually keeps all his spending money to have a spree in here but i think as he's almost 12 he thinks he's too grown up for Lego now The other two had a look around but with the exchange rate it seems that it would be cheaper to buy back home now anyway.

Mum and dad came to meet us and mum and I headed round to the AMC cinema while DH, my dad and the boys headed off to Fantasia Golf for a bit of pitch and putt.

At the cinema I exchanged my Groupon voucher for tickets for Beauty & The Beast with no issues. We had a half hour to wait so we headed round to the water and sat and soaked up the sun. We spotted a turtle having a sunbathe on the rocks...

The movie was starting at 3.30pm so we headed in to get some popcorn. Mum bought a kids popcorn combo that was around $6 for us to share. This was plenty for us, the standard sizes were HUGE and would have just got wasted.

We got in and got our seats. The theatre was practically empty with another couple sitting in front of us and another sitting further down.

All I can really say about the movie is that it was FANTASTIC! I loved it so much, I was sat there like a little girl singing along! The cast were all so good, I cannot wait to watch it all over again

When the movie finished DH, dad and the boys were outside waiting for us. I had a Groupon voucher for the Characters In Flight balloon ride so went round to take a look. Apparently there was adverse weather conditions and the balloon was no longer flying. I'm not sure I really believed this as there was no wind and not a single cloud in the sky nor any rain forecast! Oh well, wasn't ment to be I guess!

So we just had a little wander around the shops but i think it's all very expensive here.

Mum had picked me up a pair of Havaianas in Burlington a few days ago for $4.99... the same pair was on sale in here for $40!

Since the shops here were too pricey for us we decided to head to I drive outlets for one last look. But it was getting late and everyone was getting tired and couldn't really be bothered to look any more. The only thing I purchased was rollerball perfumes and a lip gloss from VS $18.63:

We were gonna go for some take out but we still had some food in the freezer back at the villa so just dropped mum and dad back at their hotel then headed home. We cooked chicken and burritos and odds and ends we had to use up and settled down in front of the tv.

Can't quite believe it's our last full day tomorrow time certainly does fly when you're having fun!

lallan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 17, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Cocobean121
Imagineer

Sorry to hear about your doggo, poor pup! Hope all will be well.

Thanks for your trippy, I've loved reading them x

Easter 2011 Legacy Park Villa fl. Aug/Sept 2013 Thousand Oaks Villa fl. April 2015 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa fl. May 2017 the sanctuary, West Haven villa Fl.
October 2019 Pier 60 & Highlands Reserve villa fl
May 2020 endless summer and Aventura
Cocobean121 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 17, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by lallan - 23 Apr 17 3:04 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 17, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A good dayglad you enjoyed the film I haven't seen it yet

Joan
Old 23 Apr 17, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
disneytrio
Imagineer

disneytrio's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 13
Hope your dog is feeling better, I thought beauty and the beast was fantastic too, really enjoyed reading along!
disneytrio is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 17, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
codym
Very Serious Dibber

codym's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Aww, sorry to read about your dog, hope he will continue to be seizure free with the new medication.

Lovely day, I loved Beauty & the Beast too, it was so good
3 Part Extravaganza Oct/Nov 2017 *IN PROGRESS*
codym is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 17, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
thefourDs
Apprentice Imagineer

I was wondering where you'd got to. So sorry to hear about your poor dog but glad things are looking up now.

Great day! I loved beauty & the beast too, going again this weekend 😬
thefourDs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 17, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

So sorry about your dog, hope she continues to improve 🐕. Can't wait to try Checkers - looks great.

Janette
Dreamy Corner June 23, Potter’s Villa May 22, Shamu Villa Sep 22,AKL, HRH Lakeside Haven Sep 19, Lakeside Haven RPR May 19. White Blossom & Viburnum Villa Aug 18. SSR, Aurora Villa May 18. Kidani, RPR Champion Florida Villa 17, Staybridge Suites, White Blossom & Owens Villa 16 OKW, Champion Florida Villa & RPR 16, Magic Landings 15, Grand Reserve & HRH 2014, Tuscan Pines 12, Highgrove 09, Legacy Park 07, Indian Point 06 and 05, Florida Pines 04
Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018
JanetteP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 17, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

I loved the film, it was truly Fantastic and I can't wait to see it again. What a difference in the price of your Havianas!