Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 16 Apr 18, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
kingstefan21
Excited about Disney

kingstefan21's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile Alamo Brits - Process of cancelling

Hi
Advice needed been monitoring Hire prices and it's going up and down like the exchange rate!

If I was to book now ahead of traveling end of September and continue to monitor can someone explain the process of cancelling and rebooking and any costs/deadlines please.

Currently prices are 100£ dear than last year.
Homewood Suites 2020
kingstefan21 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 18, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Hi. You use the link on your confirmation E Mail to 'amend'. That opens up your original booking and you can amend the car to a new one all together, say Intermediate to Full size etc. Or kep the same car but at a lower price which is what I do.
Then you enter your CC details and get billed immediately for the new lower price, the original monies paid are back with you in circa 3 days.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 18, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
kingstefan21
Excited about Disney

kingstefan21's Reviews
Mobile

Thank you. So I proceed with my initial booking as normal and pay etc but don't complete the other steps like skip the counter?
Homewood Suites 2020
kingstefan21 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 18, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by kingstefan21 View Post
Thank you. So I proceed with my initial booking as normal and pay etc but don't complete the other steps like skip the counter?
You could do the OLCI etc but my view is leave it until the week before you go anyhow.

I did that for our March trip, for this one I did it yesterday and the Aug and Oct ones I will do nearer the time.

OLCI is not time critical as it's just another thing to do nearer the time. I tend to do it when I am having a quiet hour getting all my paperwork ready such as tickets, customs form, hotel booking etc etc.

Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 18, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
kingstefan21
Excited about Disney

kingstefan21's Reviews
Mobile

Perfect thanks. 4 trips in 2018! I'm aiming to start 2 trips a year from 2019. We always go late Sep/early oct cause nice temp and not busy. Any recommendations for which month for an early year visit?
Homewood Suites 2020
Old 16 Apr 18, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by kingstefan21 View Post
Perfect thanks. 4 trips in 2018! I'm aiming to start 2 trips a year from 2019. We always go late Sep/early oct cause nice temp and not busy. Any recommendations for which month for an early year visit?
Ha ha. We started at 1, then managed to get to 2. Then maybe 12 years ago slipped in an 8 night 3rd trip that became 21 nights over time. It becomes addictive!

Weather is very emotive and what suits us wont suit others. We are heat lovers, the hotter the better!

March was cool! Won't do that again in a hurry.

My view.
Very late April and all of May is awesome. Not humid, normally hot but not the raging Aug heat.
Mid Sept on right through Oct is also lovely, but there are the hurricane issues. We got whacked with Irma last year.

Edited at 12:09 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 16 Apr 18, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
ElliotReevey
Helping Mickey

Sorry for hijacking the thread, but presumably you can cancel outright as well? Or can you only amend once you have booked? Thanks
ElliotReevey is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 18, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ElliotReevey View Post
Sorry for hijacking the thread, but presumably you can cancel outright as well? Or can you only amend once you have booked? Thanks

basically, there is no such thing as an amendment on a Brits booking

it's merely a cancellation / new booking done in one go.
You're refunded the full amount of the previous rental and billed the full amount of the new one

so, yes, you can cancel outright.
no penalty unless done less than 7 days out (or maybe 5 ... gotta check)
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 18, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
EllieP
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Hi. You use the link on your confirmation E Mail to 'amend'. That opens up your original booking and you can amend the car to a new one all together, say Intermediate to Full size etc. Or kep the same car but at a lower price which is what I do.
Then you enter your CC details and get billed immediately for the new lower price, the original monies paid are back with you in circa 3 days.
A massive thank you to Mr Tom Morrow. I’ve just checked my car hire dates for May and hadn’t amended to new flight date, just saved myself £50 by following your instructions and modifying. Thank you 😊
EllieP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List