Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 2 May 18, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie moomoo
VIP Dibber

Disney waterpark changing rooms ?

I am sorting my plan and have a few question.

Could anyone advise what facility's the changing areas have.
Is it possible to go direct from Blizzards beach to Animal kingdom ?

We are using disney transport so no car boot. Do waterparks provide towels ? Do they have costume drying machines ?

Does animal kingdom have lockers for a bag full of slightly soggy swimwear ?

Thanks.

DLP, Davy Crocketts Ranch. Sept 2013. DLP, Sequoia lodge, GF, Oct 2014. DLP, Santa Fe, May 2015. DLP, Sequoia Lodge GF. May 2016. DLP, Sequoia Lodge. Aug 2017. Les Alicourts Resort 2017 WDW, Caribbean Beach Resort. Sept 2018 Camping La croix du vieux pont 2018 DLP, Sequoia Lodge, GF. Aug 2019.
WDW, Port Orleans Resort, Grande Villas Resort, Cabana Bay Resort. Aug 2022 DLP, Davy Crocketts Ranch. Aug 2023. Les Alicourts Resort 2023
minnie moomoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 18, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
fluffychicken
VIP Dibber

Mobile

You can rent towels at the waterpark or if staying onsite you can take towels from the hotel pool. All the parks have lockers but I've never used them so I don't know how much they are.
fluffychicken is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 18, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Potterer
Very Serious Dibber

Changing rooms are individual curtained rooms like a changing room in a shop.

No there is no direct bus to the water parks, BB is via Animal Kingdom and TL is via Disney Springs. But you can always order an uber.

We go wearing our swim wear (we all wear rash vest and shorts, even me and I'm female) with Hot Tuna swim shoes on (available at SportsDirect) we bin these out at the end of the holiday in FLorida.

You can get in the water faster if you don't have to change first. We rent a locker and shove everything in there. I believe we used magic bands to pay for it so it went onto our hotel room bill.

If you are staying onsite, you can hire a towel for free with your magic band to prove you are onsite. Or bring pool towels from your hotel with you to save queuing and drop them in the towel bins at the water park.

Drying clothes wise if you walk around for a bit after getting out of the water that will help to dry them. We just use carrier bags brought from home or ziplock bags and pop them into a rucksack that doubles as our hand luggage. It shouldn't weigh too much.

And yes there are lockers to rent at animal kingdom. I think they are about $7 for small, $10 for medium and $15 for large.
August 2019 CBBR & RPR Club level Post GCSE treat
Potterer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 18, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Robsie71
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Potterer View Post

No there is no direct bus to the water parks, BB is via Animal Kingdom and TL is via Disney Springs. But you can always order an uber.

We go wearing our swim wear (we all wear rash vest and shorts, even me and I'm female) with Hot Tuna swim shoes on (available at SportsDirect) we bin these out at the end of the holiday in FLorida.

You can get in the water faster if you don't have to change first. We rent a locker and shove everything in there. I believe we used magic bands to pay for it so it went onto our hotel room bill.

If you are staying onsite, you can hire a towel for free with your magic band to prove you are onsite. Or bring pool towels from your hotel with you to save queuing and drop them in the towel bins at the water park.

Drying clothes wise if you walk around for a bit after getting out of the water that will help to dry them. We just use carrier bags brought from home or ziplock bags and pop them into a rucksack that doubles as our hand luggage. It shouldn't weigh too much.

And yes there are lockers to rent at animal kingdom. I think they are about $7 for small, $10 for medium and $15 for large.
im pretty sure if you have paid for a locker at the waterpark you can use the receipt for a locker at the park.
Robsie71 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 18, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie moomoo
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Potterer View Post

Thankyou. Ziplock bags for our swimwear is a brilliant idea.

I was wondering about the towel hire price so knowing they are free for onsite guests is fab

We buy hot tuna water shoes every year, perfect for the kids in lakes and even the beach.

Im just wondering if Id feel a bit self conscious going direct to Animal kingdom. Damp hair, no makeup etc. I suppose Ill want my hair up anyway.

DLP, Davy Crocketts Ranch. Sept 2013. DLP, Sequoia lodge, GF, Oct 2014. DLP, Santa Fe, May 2015. DLP, Sequoia Lodge GF. May 2016. DLP, Sequoia Lodge. Aug 2017. Les Alicourts Resort 2017 WDW, Caribbean Beach Resort. Sept 2018 Camping La croix du vieux pont 2018 DLP, Sequoia Lodge, GF. Aug 2019.
WDW, Port Orleans Resort, Grande Villas Resort, Cabana Bay Resort. Aug 2022 DLP, Davy Crocketts Ranch. Aug 2023. Les Alicourts Resort 2023

Edited at 08:21 PM.
minnie moomoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 18, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie moomoo
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Robsie71 View Post
im pretty sure if you have paid for a locker at the waterpark you can use the receipt for a locker at the park.

Ooo thats going to be handy. I am sure I have read that previously aswell.

Old 3 May 18, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Weddingnyc
Apprentice Imagineer

When we went there were plenty of changing rooms free, but the queue for the showers at closing time was about half an hour, I think there were only about 5 showers.
We didn’t see any costume drying machines.
NY and Boston July 2020
Weddingnyc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 18, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by minnie moomoo View Post
Thankyou. Ziplock bags for our swimwear is a brilliant idea.

I was wondering about the towel hire price so knowing they are free for onsite guests is fab

We buy hot tuna water shoes every year, perfect for the kids in lakes and even the beach.

Im just wondering if Id feel a bit swlf conscious going direct to Animal kingdom. Damp hair, no makeup etc. I suppose Ill want my hai up anyway.
Don't worry - everyone will be too busy concentrating on themselves to look at a total stranger I hate wearing make up, never wear it at home let alone on holiday.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 18, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Hi. Towel hire at the water parks isn’t free to hotel guests. It is free at your hotel. You could take some hotel swimming towels to the water park and leave them there. You can hire a locker at both water and theme park if needed. The showers get increasingly nasty as the day progresses and busy in the final hour but are adequate. The options fo hairdrying exist but are rubbish. Take a cap! Make up. Take your moisturiser or your skin will punish you. Then the mirrors are adequate for however much more makeup you want to use. Don’t use the buses to Disney water parks it’s bad mood inducing. Use Uber. I’ve done what you’re considering a number of times and always hit the changing rooms an hour before the rest of my family so I can do what I need to do without feeling under stress. I personally don’t care if no one else is looking at me. I’m putting some make up on anyway 🙃 Oh. Take an extra pool towel to stand on while you get changed. I promise you will thank me x
Old 3 May 18, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by scoobydooby View Post
Hi. Towel hire at the water parks isn’t free to hotel guests. It is free at your hotel. You could take some hotel swimming towels to the water park and leave them there. You can hire a locker at both water and theme park if needed. The showers get increasingly nasty as the day progresses and busy in the final hour but are adequate. The options fo hairdrying exist but are rubbish. Take a cap! Make up. Take your moisturiser or your skin will punish you. Then the mirrors are adequate for however much more makeup you want to use. Don’t use the buses to Disney water parks it’s bad mood inducing. Use Uber. I’ve done what you’re considering a number of times and always hit the changing rooms an hour before the rest of my family so I can do what I need to do without feeling under stress. I personally don’t care if no one else is looking at me. I’m putting some make up on anyway 🙃 Oh. Take an extra pool towel to stand on while you get changed. I promise you will thank me x
Towels at the water parks are free to on-site hotel guests. We got them for free last year's, and the Disney Mom's Panel so say it:
disneyparksmomspanel.disney... ed-own-345535/
We do take some from the resort too, but it means we don't have to take as many

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List