Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Closed Thread

Old 18 May 14, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post

Golf Clothing and shoes

Hello
Does anyone know the best place to buy discount golf clothing and shoes in Orlando. Are there any golf shop in the Malls and if so, which Malls?
We've never been to a Mall in Florida.
Thank you for your help.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 14, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post

To be honest we've never found golf stuff an awful lot cheaper in our recent trips. Edwin Watts is the main shop and there are a few of those about the place, but not in the malls as far as I'm aware.
Old 18 May 14, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
coinneach
Imagineer

For clothing I go to Ross Dress for Less where you can get polo tops for $10-20 and trousers for similar prices.

I don't think too many of the shoe shops sell golf shoes and I normally would look in Edwin Watts (many locations around Orlando) and there's also a few smaller golf stores as well.

Last year I ordered a few pairs of shoes on rockbottomgolf.com and got them delivered to a UPS store and saved a lot.
coinneach is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 14, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
HenrysDad
Imagineer

HenrysDad's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Golf kit in the US is in my opinion no longer any better value than here in the UK.

I keep an eye for the best deals with my local golf store tonyvalentine.com where I usually find far better deals than I can find in Florida.

For price and service, I have never yet been able to match them, and there's always a little haggle room when you visit in person
Old 20 May 14, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post

Try Dicks Sporting goods and Golf Smith - they have a lot of golf gear - and within the stock do have some great sale items. This is from our march 14 hols
Old 20 May 14, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Hi no one has mentioned the main golf shop for clothing ,golf galaxy on turkey lake road and 400 yards away is the main edwin watts store.( some of the edwin watt stores I believe have been closed) The exchange rate at the moment is slightly more favourable so slightly better value
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 14, 11:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Big Dog
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by jdouds View Post
Hi no one has mentioned the main golf shop for clothing ,golf galaxy on turkey lake road and 400 yards away is the main edwin watts store.( some of the edwin watt stores I believe have been closed) The exchange rate at the moment is slightly more favourable so slightly better value
A vote here for golf galaxy, great for clothing
Big Dog is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 14, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
debs1505
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 9
At the Prime outlet at the end do iDrive there is a Greg Norman shop where I got my dad two Shark polo shirts for the grand price of $17 and $23!
Old 22 May 14, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
matt71
slightly serious Dibber

Have to disagree we find the golf clothing and shoes are cheaper!

Don't forget to try the outlets as they gave offers on (adidas ,nike, Oakley and under armour) and edwin watts has a clearance store on int drive!

Now we do go in November so perhaps that might be the reason we find things cheaper but golf clubs are no cheaper than here in the uk

2012 Orlando- Two weeks of Golfing fun
2013 Orlando- Two weeks of Golf, Shopping and Parks
2014 Orlando- Two more weeks of Golf and Touring
matt71 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 14, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
macy
VIP Dibber

macy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We go in November too and find pretty good bargains at the Thanksgiving sales. Golf gloves in Walmart range from 7$ to 15 $, hat's from 14$ to 25$.As others mention Edwin Watts, there is also an Ecco store at Premium Outlets located just off the i4. We have found Calaway polo shirts are an excellent buy during the department store sales. You can pick up a variety of polo shirts at many of the outlet stores. It really depends on what you are looking for. My advice is to google to check for any sales during the time you are there. The Orlando Sentinel newspaper is well worth reading for current sales and offers. Exchange rate isn't at the high levels seen in the past but we still find good deals.
macy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread