Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 30 May 18, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
thebig40
slightly serious Dibber

What time for Statue of Liberty?

Hi,

We are off to New York in October half term and need to book our Crown tickets for the SOL. We arrive on Monday and were planning on going on Tuesday. I was going to book the 9am tickets, is this the best time? I thought we’d probably be up early anyway as it is the first day and it’d be quieter?

What do you think?

Husband thinks 10am to allow for possible lie ins and breakfast.
thebig40 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 18, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
5gotodisney
Excited about Disney

We are going in just over three weeks time and were recommended to go for the first slot of the day, which for us is 8.00am. (Not sure that the rest of my family will be that impressed when they fully realise how early we will have to be up) but like you we’re doing it on our first morning there, so hopefully our body clocks will have us up a silly o’clock anyway. I have been told that the queues can get really long as the day goes on and the temperature inside the SOL can be up to 20 degrees warmer than outside, however not sure how warm it will be in October for you, so that may not be such an issue.

The way I look at it is that we've only got a very limited time in New York, (3 nights) so want to be up early to make the most of the time we’ve got. We can have our lie ins when we get to Orlando for the second part of our holiday
5gotodisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 18, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
H_C-2017
Serious Dibber

Mobile

As early as you can as the security queues get really long later in the day.
H_C-2017 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 18, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
RM2016
Imagineer

RM2016's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Hi, we were there last week and had the 9am slot. We were awake early as it was our first morning. Subway was quick and easy and we arrived on plenty time. Queue and security was pretty quiet but on our return it was heaving!
RM2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 18, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
lme30005
Apprentice Imagineer

OP - we are going Oct half term too and I was wondering the same thing. First slot it is then! How long will it take to get from Times Square to the ferry (subway)?
lme30005 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 18, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
RM2016
Imagineer

RM2016's Reviews
Mobile

Around 20-25 mind on the subway and then a few minutes walk from station into Battery Park.
RM2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 18, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
lme30005
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks, not too early a start then as we're used to those very early theme park starts!
lme30005 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 18, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
lme30005
Apprentice Imagineer

Would you recommend the crown tickets? I'm a bit worried about the claustrophobic stairs, and also taking the kids up to the top. Wondering if the climb will be too much for them. Hopefully in October, early morning, it won't be too hot
Old 30 May 18, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

We're going on 18th October for the 9am Crown visit. We would've done 8am but they didn't have that option.
From reading elsewhere 9am is the ferry time not the climb time! But I figured we'll be up early anyway
debojahh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 18, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
RM2016
Imagineer

RM2016's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by lme30005 View Post
Would you recommend the crown tickets? I'm a bit worried about the claustrophobic stairs, and also taking the kids up to the top. Wondering if the climb will be too much for them. Hopefully in October, early morning, it won't be too hot
The kids will probably find it easier than the adults! There is a small space every so often where you could take a breather if required. It’s not roomy by any stretch of the imagination but there is enough space with there being up stairs and down stairs so not necessary to pass anyone.