Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 7 May 18, 07:40 AM  
Link to this Post
stephy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by boltyboy View Post
The new Walmart is at the junction of the192 and North Old Lake Wilson Road. It opened a couple of months ago it's closer that the one at Cagan Crossings if you are staying in the Formosa area.
Thanks for this. We’re staying just by lake davenport so it’s quicker for us to use the target
stephy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 18, 08:01 AM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

We really like Windwood Bay. Its right by Championsgate and there's a Publix, Walgreens, McDonalds and loads more really close. We use LIZH villa on here which would tick all your boxes. The pool area is fab.
toots82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 18, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrs sun
Imagineer

We stay at sunset lakes and can highly recomend it, we stay in a beautiful villa which backs onto the lake and love our time spent there.
Mrs sun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 18, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Worgie
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Emerald Island, Sunset Lakes or Lindfields (Lindfields is slightly older so a bit cheaper) are the places we love. Genuine 5 minute drive to Animal Kingdom, Walmart 5 mins away and plenty of shops and restaurants within a few minutes drive. Also one of the best things of the holiday for me is sitting by the pool early in the morning with a cuppa watching the wildlife in and around the lake. Perfect.
Old 7 May 18, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
boltyboy
Imagineer

boltyboy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Mrs sun View Post
We stay at sunset lakes and can highly recomend it, we stay in a beautiful villa which backs onto the lake and love our time spent there.
Thats where we are staying in August, can't wait.

2020 canceled - 2018 - 2015- 2012 - 2004 - 1998 - 1995 - 1993
Has it really been 8 years? - Trip Index
August 2015-Trip Index
boltyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 18, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Dreaming
Getting Excited

Dreaming's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Absolutely fell in love with Providence, bit further away from universal and Disney but amazing villa’s! Highland Reserve and Legacy Park are beautiful too! Marbella villa’s are really nice too!

My advice is stay away from Tuscan Hills and we didn’t get on with High Grove, each to their own though and we have only stayed in one of the many villa’s onsite ☺️ High Grove had termite things in the pool when we stayed, and Tuscan hills didn’t cater for as many as it stated online, had broken beds, really squished for a villa and no storage for clothes whatsoever! (sorry if anyone is staying in, I’m sure you’ll get a much better villa than we had! We’re unlucky!) ☺️

And we did it through a travel agent, dont want to offend anyone that owns villa’s within these parks! I’ve seen the ones on the Dibb and I’m jealous of them all! 😱

Edited at 06:25 PM. Reason: Not to offend!
Dreaming is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 18, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post

There are a lot of 'Which location/community is best?' threads, to me, that's a shame, as whether one community is 5 minutes closer than another one is really neither here nor there ...

... it's the 8-18 hours a day that you'll spend at the villa that really matter ...

... better I think to focus on the features of the villa itself, and make sure you get that right.

And perhaps at an even more basic level, whether it has been updated. Just because a villa is on a particular community, doesn't guarantee that it will have been updated.

Some things - like really old floral settees or those old massive ceramic pastel lamps - are obvious. Some things less so ... there's a particular type of dining chair / bar stools (wood colour seats with white backs) that I think were put in bulk in villas built in the late 1990s, so must be 20+ years old now!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 18, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Dreaming
Getting Excited

Dreaming's Reviews
We never considered DIY since recently and when we have Virgin or other companies have been cheaper at the time, or we needed to book with someone to get a package wedding. Failing that other people have paid for us such as grandparents which we have been lucky and grateful for, as much as we have declined, it hasn’t always been booked by us ☺️

Do agree DIY is for some, not for everyone though. I’ve never got the chance and hats off to people that do it! You can save when you shop around!

I didn’t like Tuscan Hills as a Park, I must add, just wasn’t for us, used to having more space between villa’s rather than townhouse style ☺️

Edited at 07:53 PM.
Dreaming is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 18, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Dreaming View Post
We never considered DIY since recently and when we have Virgin or other companies have been cheaper at the time, or we needed to book with someone to get a package wedding. Failing that other people have paid for us such as grandparents which we have been lucky and grateful for, as much as we have declined, it hasn’t always been booked by us ☺️

Do agree DIY is for some, not for everyone though. I’ve never got the chance and hats off to people that do it! You can save when you shop around!

I didn’t like Tuscan Hills as a Park, I must add, just wasn’t for us, used to having more space between villa’s rather than townhouse style ☺️
You get what you pay for.

If travel agents' villas, when you take out the 25%+ commission the travel agent is taking and the 15%+ the owner's management company is taking, if the price of an allocate on arrival villa is even still coming out cheaper, ...

... say 10% cheaper for talking's sake ...

... then that is 50% less the owner is taking in ... and given even direct owners only at best cover costs ... this could easily mean 50% less maintenance, replacement, repairs etc. It's not bad luck when AOA villas aren't great ... it's just simply an unsustainable model for runing a business.

Edited at 11:22 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 18, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Dreaming
Getting Excited

Dreaming's Reviews
Mobile

Just adding, if you’re looking for nice villa parks you can have a look in travel agent books, they often list which parks contain what, such as communal pool playground for kids, gated etc so you have a rough idea of what’s to offer!

That’s how we decide what we want off a park!
2000 - DLP on-site, 2002 - Florida Villa Park, 2004 - Best western (Birthday Surprise!), 2005 - DLP off-site, 2006 - Christmas at Legacy Park, 2008 - Highlands reserve, 2010 - High Grove, 2013 - WDW 13 of us and a wedding!, 2015 - Taking the partner for their first time, Mabella South, 2017 - Parents beautiful wedding! Providence/Tuscan Hills, 2018 - DLP in summer!, 2019 - our wedding! 💓