Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 28 Aug 18, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Alyson
VIP Dibber

Alyson's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Like you we are red tide watching
Alyson is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 18, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Holidaylover19
VIP Dibber

Holidaylover19's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Last year I spent the week before obsessively stalking the weather and hurricane forecasts, I really, really hope we won't have to do that again!
Holidaylover19 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 18, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Libby29
Imagineer

You get used to it, if your a regular September visitor.
it won't spoil my holiday so nothing to keep watching for. 😁
Old 28 Aug 18, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
signtalker
Imagineer

Lol I am a regular September visitor, just don’t fsncy having to rearrange everything again this year lol, keeping everything crossed , watching Eric Burris on wesh2 everyday though lol

Jules
signtalker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 18, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Manc_Chris
slightly serious Dibber

We were in Rotonda last year when Irma hit - we evacuated to a hurricane-proof school in North Port, about 15 miles away. DW took ill with a vomiting bug in the middle of the first night, though she was well looked-after by the Red Cross in the shelter... so it wasn’t a holiday to remember, that’s for sure!

As you can see from my countdown, we’re having a change for this years trip... we don’t want to risk possibly going through that again!

Having said that, I’ve just been reading about an earthquake hitting off the coast of California last week...
Jul '95: Kissimmee/Keys Oct '96/Oct '97/Aug '05/Oct '07: Kissimmee. May '98: Kissimmee Oct '01: RotondaOct 2012:Kissimmee/Anna Maria IslandSep '14: Davenport/RotondaOct '16: Cape Coral/Spring Hill Sep '17: Kissimmee/Rotonda Oct ‘18: Oregon/California Sep ‘19: Highlands Reserve/Bradenton Feb '22: Sunridge Woods Oct '23: New England Road Trip
Manc_Chris is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 18, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBlonde
Imagineer

DisneyBlonde's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 9

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 4
Guidebook Photos: 102
Guidebook Reviews: 4
We were out there with Irma last year and won’t go out again this time of year because of that.

I’m watching the weather even though we aren’t there or going!
2005-Holiday Inn I-Drive * 2007-QII/Boardwalk * 2009-Married December at the Boardwalk/POR/Rolling Hills Villa (TR here) * 2010-Rolling Hills (TR here) * 2011 May-Rolling Hills (TR here) * 2011 October-Rolling Hills /Boardwalk (TR here) * 2012-Rolling Hills (TR here) * 2013-Rolling Hills (TR here) * 2014-Rolling Hills * 2015-Rolling Hills * 2016-Rolling Hills and Boardwalk * 2017-Boardwalk and Rolling Hills

DisneyBlonde is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 18, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

No point looking too far out.

I was in WDW right before Hurricane Irma. When I got there (about 10 days before) Hurricane Irma wasn't even registering on anyone's minds. Even up until about a week before the forecasts were still for it either going West or East but likely to miss Orlando - people were talking about it but no one was too concerned yet... it was only a few days before that the forecast changed to it going through Orlando.

I would go again in September...
Old 29 Aug 18, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Carolynmf
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
We were there last year through Irma, did a lot of work on Tuscan Hills helping various neighbours and sorting out our own damage. We are going again this year for September. It was like a bad winter storm weekend here in the north east of Scotland. We get a lot worse weather here every year, so no way would it stop me going. I haven't even looked at the forecast.
Carolynmf is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 18, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Sara_toga
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Last year we were there for Irma. We had to cancel the Gulf Coast part of our trip.

We are off in three weeks and have had to cancel our stay at Fort Myres Beach due to Red Tide. We have added days in to Clearwater so fingers crossed it does not go that far.

Have to be honest I have not even thought about hurricanes this year.
Old 29 Aug 18, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
ShamuLvr
Very Serious Dibber

Accuweather has tweeted there is potential development in the upcoming days:

accuweather/en/weath...ar-us/70005914

Edited at 05:07 PM.
ShamuLvr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List