Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 17 May 20, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
christybell
Imagineer

Mobile

I have paid my balance so hoping they update the cancellation without penalty info and I'll request a full refund. I'll give it a couple of days to see if the website gets updated to save a possible debate on the phone

July 2009 ASM/TI/Hmew'd Suites
August 2010 OKW/Dibb villa
July2011 OKW/RPR/Cocoa Beach/Dibb Villa
July 2012 RPR/Carnival Destiny/Dibb Villa
July 2013 OKW/Anna Maria Island/Dibb Villa
Nov 2013 Sunset Lakes- my 40th Birthday
April 2014 Cruise and Villa
April 2015 Clearwater/RPR/Dibb Villa
Dec 2015 Dibb Villa to see the Xmas lights
July 2016 RPR/Cruise/Dibb villa
christybell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 20, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
HansysMum
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Just rang Disney and cancelled our flight hotel package - very easy and refund of £200. Balance was due 21/5 and travel was 30/7. Booking has already disappeared from MDE along with ADR’s *sob*

2016 - CBR
2018 - AKL
2021 - Disney Magic
2024 - CBR 🫶
HansysMum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 20, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Kenwood
Helping Mickey

Just off the phone now, I was on hold for 30 minutes.

Cancelled our 3 July reservation with no problem. I just said that I had heard that Disney were allowing reservations to be cancelled without losing the deposit. The advisor said the deposit would be returned to the card within 14 days.

I asked about my ADR’s, an was advised to cancel them through MDE as Disney Springs is slowly opening and they will only automatically cancel if the restaurant remains closed at the time of the booking.

Sad day , but it was an inevitable hurdle we had to jump.
Now we have to hope that the VA flight will be cancelled so we don’t lose the money.
Kenwood is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 20, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
LMAM
a Friend of the DIBB

Mobile

Originally Posted by christybell View Post
I have paid my balance so hoping they update the cancellation without penalty info and I'll request a full refund. I'll give it a couple of days to see if the website gets updated to save a possible debate on the phone
I phoned this morning to see if we could get refund after seeing posts on here for dates after our arrival.

We were due to arrive 4th July (resort & tickets) and had paid balance last week on the due date.

Disney’s statement still shows refunds up to 30th June but cast member said this has changed over the last couple of days.

I was able to cancel and receive full refund back or could transfer to next year but wouldn’t get free dining or gift card as next years offers not out yet.

She reminded me to cancel ADRs to ensure we’re not charged no show fee.

I also received an email whilst on the phone to confirm £0 cancellation charge and she said our deposit and balance would be refunded separately.
LMAM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 20, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Kenwood
Helping Mickey

Originally Posted by HansysMum View Post
Just rang Disney and cancelled our flight hotel package - very easy and refund of £200. Balance was due 21/5 and travel was 30/7. Booking has already disappeared from MDE along with ADR’s *sob*
I’ve just logged into MDE, and my booking was still there even though I’ve had a Cancelled invoice sent to me by email.

I’ve managed to cancel all my ADR’s. I’ll keep looking at MDE to see how long my booking stays on there.
Kenwood is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 20, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
sameeel
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Kenwood View Post
I’ve just logged into MDE, and my booking was still there even though I’ve had a Cancelled invoice sent to me by email.

I’ve managed to cancel all my ADR’s. I’ll keep looking at MDE to see how long my booking stays on there.
I was told it would show on MDE for about 14days after cancelling
Old 17 May 20, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
christybell
Imagineer

Originally Posted by LMAM View Post
I phoned this morning to see if we could get refund after seeing posts on here for dates after our arrival.

We were due to arrive 4th July (resort & tickets) and had paid balance last week on the due date.

Disney’s statement still shows refunds up to 30th June but cast member said this has changed over the last couple of days.

I was able to cancel and receive full refund back or could transfer to next year but wouldn’t get free dining or gift card as next years offers not out yet.

She reminded me to cancel ADRs to ensure we’re not charged no show fee.

I also received an email whilst on the phone to confirm £0 cancellation charge and she said our deposit and balance would be refunded separately.
Thank you, time to make the call it seems. Relieved and sad at the same time

July 2009 ASM/TI/Hmew'd Suites
August 2010 OKW/Dibb villa
July2011 OKW/RPR/Cocoa Beach/Dibb Villa
July 2012 RPR/Carnival Destiny/Dibb Villa
July 2013 OKW/Anna Maria Island/Dibb Villa
Nov 2013 Sunset Lakes- my 40th Birthday
April 2014 Cruise and Villa
April 2015 Clearwater/RPR/Dibb Villa
Dec 2015 Dibb Villa to see the Xmas lights
July 2016 RPR/Cruise/Dibb villa
christybell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 20, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneydad999
Looking for my Ears

Originally Posted by Disneydad999 View Post
We were due to fly out 22nd July and decided that we no longer wanted to go this year. Disney said that we could rebook with all our offers for stays to October, however if we wanted to trf the deposit to next year we could but the offers wouldn't be carried over because at the moment they are not doing offers for next year. After all of this we decided that we wanted a refund of the deposit that we had paid last year, which they immediately took care of.
Just an update - we now have the refund back in the account. Still sad about cancelling though.
Disneydad999 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 20, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyPete
Very Serious Dibber

Interestingly we were due to fly 25th July and have had no email correspondence from Disney with regards to final balance.
I did have to change email address ( in writing earlier this year - what a chore that was) and they eventually did write to me to confirm the change.
I will probably ring them although I read somewhere they had extended the payment date to 35 days before arrival so may be the reason I have heard nothing from them.
That or they know it will be a cancellation.
DisneyPete is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 20, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
LMAM
a Friend of the DIBB

Mobile

Originally Posted by Disneydad999 View Post
Just an update - we now have the refund back in the account. Still sad about cancelling though.
Our refund from Disney was quicker than expected. Requested on Sunday and back on Amex today Wednesday 20th May (dated Sunday’s date on statement, 17th May so may have been on card yesterday). Came through in 2 separate transactions, the deposit and balance.
LMAM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List