Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 19 Jun 20, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
minnieliv
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

Is anyone else really confused about choosing a time ? The email had little information on it. I usually go in the morning go back to hotel and then go back of an evening but I assume now you can’t do that. Do you get kicked out at a certain time? What if you choose MK for the morning but have a dinner reservation at Epcot at night ? so many questions and only three days to find the answers.
minnieliv is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 20, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
goofyfan
Trading Disney Pins

I just spoke to my TA- they only have the same info we have but they seemed to had read it the same way I did ie if you have a trip in 2021 (up until Sept) the reservation system will open Monday. It seems very strange...I can't imagine the system coping with the amount of people who may be logging on!
goofyfan is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 20, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
I think some of you guys are getting mixed up, or perhaps it's me I could easily be wrong.

But my understanding of the park reservation system was that it could only be booked 60 days out, like FP used to be for on site guests.

I didn't think when it goes live it was going to be for bookings for next year. So I don't think all of you with reservations for next year need to worry about linking bookings etc to MDE yet.

Like I said I may be wrong but I'm sure I read that it's not bookings for every date just 2 months and so will roll on 1 day at a time from them. Maybe there's been another update that I've missed though cos there seem to be a lot of you thinking the same thing and I've just got in from school so I've not kept up with everything today.
This is what I think too. I’ve had the email about this because I hadn’t cancelled/transferred my reservation for THIS August. I don’t think we’ll be booking park days for next year for a long while yet.

Edited at 07:09 PM.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 20, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
hopex
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by wdw-wanderer View Post
Do we assume it goes live at 7.00am EST which is noon over here?
I had an email from Disney Holidays earlier which said “The Disney Park Pass system will be made available at some point on the above days, so please do not be concerned if you are unable to make a reservation until later in the day.”

So doesn’t seem like there’s a specific time?! 😭
Old 19 Jun 20, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
fiffio
Imagineer

Mobile

Is this just down to CV restrictions? So disney returns to normal once a vaccine or medicine is found and rolled out?

If the oxford guys vaccine works and is rapidly rolled out then it we’re back to normal in uk around Christmas and USA have ordered 400m doses so this might well go away in first quarter of next year?
fiffio is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 20, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Tracey2019
Excited about Disney

Mobile

53:05 on hold and they cut me off... 🤬🤬🤬
Tracey2019 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 20, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Tracey2019 View Post
53:05 on hold and they cut me off... 🤬🤬🤬
oh nooooooooo I'm in line now but not holding out much hope
toots82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 20, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by fiffio View Post
Is this just down to CV restrictions? So disney returns to normal once a vaccine or medicine is found and rolled out?

If the oxford guys vaccine works and is rapidly rolled out then it we’re back to normal in uk around Christmas and USA have ordered 400m doses so this might well go away in first quarter of next year?
It's a big IF, but we are talking about somewhere that attracts people from all over the world. Disney would need to be confident that every guest from the planet has been immunised, representing a low threat. Hence I think pushing the social distancing and ressie system until at least Sep 21.

I am keeping my fingers crossed for those hoping for a useable vaccine in the near future 🤞
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 20, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
stupet11
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by toots82 View Post
What they could have done (for us anyway) was let all those folk booked for 2020 know what their options were a week earlier than they did (given that it was exactly the same offers as the US got weeks before) so that we could all have had our bookings moved over (if thats what we chose) and linked to MDE in time for us to actually access this new park booking site on the day our onsite stay should let us.

They could also maybe have mentioned that if you wanted to rebook for Oct onwards in 2021, you should do so 8 days sooner than the original 2 weeks that they gave everyone to decide otherwise you'd end up unable to book within the 2 weeks thus they automatically cancel your booking. I don't think people are really disagreeing with the steps they've put in place (I'm 100% not as gutted as I am to lose the free dining offer) but the communication has been seriously lacking.
I think they should be offering a full refund to people who bought tickets.

Msybe let us know how long we are allowed to stay in the park... Says we have to pick a time for our visit... so they must know.

Just my opinion.
2012 Fairfield Inn IDrive 2013 Highland Reserve 2014 Old Key West 2015 Old Key West / Fantasy World 2016 New York / Cypress Pointe 2016 Cane Island 2017 Old Key West 2018 Port Orleans Riverside 2019 Keys / Cruise / Rosen Inn IDrive 2022 Port Orleans Riverside 2023 Idrive / Cruise 2023 Universal Dockside
stupet11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 20, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Lau-nicole
Excited about Disney

“Park reservations will be available through September 26, 2021, based on your Resort stay and ticket eligibility or ticket eligibility window

The end part sounds as though it’s dependent on when you are visiting so maybe it could be a 60 day window 🤷🏻
Lau-nicole is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List