Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 5 Feb 21, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
Well I’ve been optimistic this week and booked a couple of holidays. Some UK breaks with Airbnb and they can be cancelled for full refunds up to a few days before we travel so it’s reasonably secure.

One is a cottage in Dorset in June around 20-30 minutes from the coast at Weymouth- Charmouth. The second is a cottage In Ceredigion West Wales for a week in July.

Also transferred my deposit from last year’s holiday to Athens with EasyJet to a week for just myself and DH in October to an adults only all inclusive hotel in Majorca. This can be cancelled up to a month before, or transferred so we can assess this just before we pay the final balance and decide whether to cancel or not.

I’m not entirely sure they will happen but it’s nice have a few plans and hopefully we may get some holidays back this year
Fingers crossed! I've just booked a couple of nights in York for May and am still being optimistic about Florida in Sept/Oct.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 21, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MrsBC View Post
Fingers crossed! I've just booked a couple of nights in York for May and am still being optimistic about Florida in Sept/Oct.
I do hope both your trips go ahead too. I think we need something to look forward to after so long.

I’ve never been to York but it looks a beautiful city
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 21, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
I do hope both your trips go ahead too. I think we need something to look forward to after so long.

I’ve never been to York but it looks a beautiful city
It's lovely and such a lot to see and do. it's just over an hours drive from here so we know it well

we've decided to cheer ourselves up and have a 'date night' (get me! ) tomorrow. We're getting dressed up a bit, sitting at the dining table instead of the kitchen for a 3 course meal and a bottle of fizz then watch a film. So I've been to M&S for food today .
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
TRIP REPORT INDEX
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 21, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

It's lovely and such a lot to see and do. it's just over an hours drive from here so we know it well

we've decided to cheer ourselves up and have a 'date night' (get me! ) tomorrow. We're getting dressed up a bit, sitting at the dining table instead of the kitchen for a 3 course meal and a bottle of fizz then watch a film. So I've been to M&S for food today .
A date night sounds lovely. I can’t remember the last time we dressed up or I wore make up. What are you planning for the menu?

Tomorrow is our takeaway night. Since lockdown we’ve had a takeaway once a fortnight. Not easy in our area as there aren’t many places that do deliveries, just three and one is an Indian and DH isn’t keen on that cuisine, but tomorrow it’s Chinese night.

It’s just nice to have something to change the routine and cheer us up.
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 21, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Hello ladies just checking everyone is ok?x

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 21, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Hi Louise, still stuck in and bored but I’ve had good news from our son’s fiancée. She works in Morrisons and says their gardening range is starting to come instore 😂 It means we can soon look forward to spring and planting again

Georgia is hoping that unis can return to some face to face teaching when Boris makes his announcement next week. She’s happy at home but bored naturally and wants to return with her friends. I will miss her but completely understand how she’s feeling after so long home

How are you and your family? 💞
Old 15 Feb 21, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

We’re keeping ok Thankyou. £300 down for new specs today! We enjoyed our date night last week, and we can get our vaccinations but are waiting to be ‘unblinded’ on Wed at our next Novavax appt to see if we’ve actually already had one or the placebo!

We have a local Secret Knitter - These keep popping up around our estate and it’s cheering everyone up 😊
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
TRIP REPORT INDEX
Old 15 Feb 21, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Hi Louise, still stuck in and bored but I’ve had good news from our son’s fiancée. She works in Morrisons and says their gardening range is starting to come instore 😂 It means we can soon look forward to spring and planting again

Georgia is hoping that unis can return to some face to face teaching when Boris makes his announcement next week. She’s happy at home but bored naturally and wants to return with her friends. I will miss her but completely understand how she’s feeling after so long home

How are you and your family? 💞
Sue thats great news about the gardening, I cannot wait to see all the bulbs etc this year. We are all really well at the moment thanks, wouldnt know DH is poorly, he is eating most things, and has appetite, so all good!

We’re keeping ok Thankyou. £300 down for new specs today! We enjoyed our date night last week, and we can get our vaccinations but are waiting to be ‘unblinded’ on Wed at our next Novavax appt to see if we’ve actually already had one or the placebo!

We have a local Secret Knitter - These keep popping up around our estate and it’s cheering everyone up 😊
Your date night looks fab! How exciting being part of a trial like this, let us know when you find out.
Do you have no idea at all who the secret knitter is? Thats funny. Nice to have something to make you smile.

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816

Edited at 02:37 PM.
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 21, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Loopylooloo View Post
Your date night looks fab! How exciting being part of a trial like this, let us know when you find out.
Do you have no idea at all who the secret knitter is? Thats funny. Nice to have something to make you smile.
Yes, we're looking forward to finding out - it's just for bloods this week (for antibodies) but we've been told to ask to be unblinded before making a vaccine appt.
No idea who's knitting, they just keep popping up overnight. I think the person who runs our estate fb group knows but is keeping the secret which is fun.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
TRIP REPORT INDEX
Old 15 Feb 21, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa123wm
Imagineer

We’ve also got a couple of nights booked for York in May. We go 3 times per year 😆
Also booked to go in April, but don’t think this will happen, hence booking the end of May in case.

Got a 5 day break booked to a lodge on the lakes with the kids and dog in the summer holidays too.

Fingers crossed 🤞
Aug/Sept 09, Jan/Feb 10 - DLP, Aug 13 - NPBC DLP
Lisa123wm is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List