Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 6 Apr 21, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Woohoobb
Excited about Disney

We are still booked to fly on the 11am flight on the 17th of May. As healthcare workers we are due our second vaccines next week. I’ve not got anything booked apart from the DVC and flights. I haven’t bought tickets yet (although I still have one from last year). It’s driving me bonkers not knowing. We have 3 young children and this is our last trip before we get stuck into school holidays. I haven’t even started mask prep on the 4 year old as I’m not convinced we will go. I’m hopeful but realistic. I’ll be more annoyed not being able to book park days but I’m not paying 1K for tickets that may not get used!
Woohoobb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 21, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
kitjos
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Hughseysar View Post
There will be lots of tears when we all finally get back on those aircraft 🛫✈️🛬🎡🎢🎠🏰🏩🌅
I could sob just thinking of going back, let alone listening to 'Happily Ever After' in the background! . So much i want our family to do, the memories, the magic! xxx
kitjos is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 21, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
miss_piggy
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by Woohoobb View Post
We are still booked to fly on the 11am flight on the 17th of May. As healthcare workers we are due our second vaccines next week. I’ve not got anything booked apart from the DVC and flights. I haven’t bought tickets yet (although I still have one from last year). It’s driving me bonkers not knowing. We have 3 young children and this is our last trip before we get stuck into school holidays. I haven’t even started mask prep on the 4 year old as I’m not convinced we will go. I’m hopeful but realistic. I’ll be more annoyed not being able to book park days but I’m not paying 1K for tickets that may not get used!
Not sure if this helps at all but I’ve looked into park tickets for next year and we were told by a few ticket companies that if you purchase the cancellation cover then you are able to use the tickets to book the park days but you would still be eligible to a full refund if you needed to cancel them for any reason - as long as the tickets aren’t activated by attending your first park in Florida. Sorry you might already know this but just in case it helps!
miss_piggy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 21, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
lfc_sarah
Imagineer

Big risk but if you're happy to take it!

Somebody will be first! We just have no idea when that will be! 😊
lfc_sarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 21, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
OP hard to see you even being allowed on the plane without those vaccinations & I'd be beyond shocked if the US don't require it, tbh I don't think any of them have a clue & it's getting made up as they go along! I'm not sure what I think of these "passports" but it's all any of them are talking about.
I'm definitely in the "something to look forward to camp", in fact we are fully booked for Sept, but that's 3rd try having cancelled twice before plus 2 other short breaks last year & that does put you in a "downer" IYKWIM
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 21, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

We would do it if we could! Life’s to short to keep waiting around!

I know people want to wait for things to go back to normal. But we honestly don’t know when that will be, and none of us know how long we have in this world.
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 21, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneybear
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

Glad I’m not the only one considering a new booking for May! I’m waiting on clarity though, and as has been reported we might not get the list of green countries until May 10. However if the US is on the green list I have no qualms about booking last minute
Disneybear is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 21, 07:58 AM  
Link to this Post
BigSkip
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Disneybear View Post
Glad I’m not the only one considering a new booking for May! I’m waiting on clarity though, and as has been reported we might not get the list of green countries until May 10. However if the US is on the green list I have no qualms about booking last minute
I just hope that if the US is green for us, their is a reciprocal arrangement from their side, so we are allowed in.

I really want to go.
BigSkip is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 21, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Disneybear
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by BigSkip View Post
I just hope that if the US is green for us, their is a reciprocal arrangement from their side, so we are allowed in.

I really want to go.
Yes fingers crossed it’s reciprocal - we can do a disney exchange with those Americans desperate for a Disney cruise swapping with brits desperate for some WDW Florida sun
Disneybear is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 21, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

Anyone looking for May/June or even July. Just look at the last 12 months and think how many times we have been thrown into a lockdown with short notice. Dont think that just because we are being vaccinated that this would stop any government closing the boarders again if something changed.
I remember last year on the news, people flocking to Europe and then the panic to get home when another lockdown was coming. Then people complaining about the flight prices to get home in time. And remember, travel insurance wont cover you for anything Covid related. If you have to go to hospital for any reason and you get a positive test, the insurance company will make it hell to claim.

If you are that desperate to go, have the money to waste if it goes wrong, dont mind about all the restrictions, then take the risk, but please dont complain if it doesnt turn out how you expect.
For me, I wouldnt spend several thousand pounds for a 70% holiday.
Aug 2017 - RPR & AKL, Oct 2019 - HRH & BC
Oct 2022 - RPR, Poly & AKL
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List